Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM

from US$255.55
More Info
from US$124.59
More Info
All reviews run around nice setting our waiter the red bus tour warm welcome cheese board shiraz picnic wine tasting teddy bottle lawn vineyard grapes sa
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

The worst place to be, service is shocking! Rafiq our waiter was the most slowest and unbothered human being , he couldn't careless if we ok or not. Suzzana / Suzanne was the manager of the day she is the most racist, unprofessional and rude person I have ever met ,she ddnt even take a second to listen to us she was more defensive than apologetic. Would I recommend this place No! Please don't waste your money it's not worth it ! If u wanna enjoy your wine testing in peace please don't go to eagle nest coz the service is trash and disappointing .

Date of experience: August 2021
Reviewed 7 August 2021 via mobile

What a disappointment. Shocking service and rude staff. The manager suzanne/sizzane is the rudest of them all. Please save yourself money and time DON'T GO TO EAGLES NEST. The waiter Rafiq was disinterested in us and none commital in taking care of us as guests. When we asked for the manager, Suzanne to explain the situation she snapped at us in defense of her staff's behaviour

Date of experience: August 2021
1  Thank Mlingwa
Reviewed 12 April 2021

This past Saturday we celebrated our anniversary and were hoping to include a cheese board and glass of Viognier at Eagles Nest in our celebration itinerary, but unfortunately were terribly let down by rude, unwelcoming staff.

We made a booking for 1 pm and sent an email on Friday requesting for the time to be pushed out by an hour. Having not heard back on Saturday morning, we decided to call to confirm the requested change and were met by a rude, unwelcoming staff member who asked us whether we "expected them to just keep tables open for us"? Incredible.

The staff member then proceeded to tell us that they don't take bookings so she was unsure how this could be (despite us receiving a booking confirmation email)? At one stage in the conversation, the staff member informed us that she had in fact tried to call us the day before to confirm the booking which was bizarre given that only moments ago she had expressed her confusion as to how we had secured a booking in the first place? The staff member told us that there was nothing that she could do and that we should arrive, fingers-crossed, and see if there was availability.

I asked to speak to the manager who unfortunately was just as unhelpful, rude, and dismissive, and went so far as to make us feel like we should be grateful to be visiting Eagles Nest.

There was no attempt to make us feel welcome which is an incredible attitude to have, given how brutal the last year has been for the wine industry. Surely they should be doing everything they can to accommodate paying guests?

We are big fans of Eagles Nest and purchase their Viognier on an annual basis. Unfortunately, this experience has left a bad taste in our mouths and I don't foresee us visiting them anytime soon which is such a pity.

The issue is not what was said, but rather how it was said. We are flabbergasted at the arrogant attitude of both the staff member and even more so the manager.

Date of experience: April 2021
1  Thank LawHollander
Reviewed 3 March 2021 via mobile

As there are so many fantastic wineries in the Cape Region, I have to say that Eagle’s Nest is far away from being my favorite. The location is nice, surrounded by trees but there is not much of that winery feeling. The lawn is equipped with wooden Picknick tables. So nothing special and could be done much better.
Wines are typical average wines. Nothing special... no surprises. And the tasting was also just average, it didn’t come from the heart!

Date of experience: March 2021
1  Thank 1977jensb
Reviewed 15 December 2020 via mobile

I went with my wife & adult daughter. I have a cellar, & collect wine & am acquainted with Eagles Nest Wines. I spend a lot of money on wine annually.

We were there at about 10:30 AM, & there were not a lot of people. At a table near us were a pair of ladies who were speaking English but sounded foreign possibly American.

These ladies were clearly & obviously getting a different level of service from us. We had a man serving us who put in an appearance every 10 minutes with a new wine to taste. They had a man serving them who was standing talking to them continuously & he had up to 4 bottles of wine on the table at 1 stage. As far as I can ascertain there was only one wine tasting format with one price.

My daughter noted that the ladies above were given a rose to taste. She asked about rose & was told by our waiter that it was not on the tasting list. She pointed out that the other table was getting rose & he scowled, & with bad grace said he would bring us some. He returned several minutes later with a bottle of rose & 1 glass, & poured my daughter a glass to taste. He did not even offer my wife or me any rose.

At the end the bill for tasting was R255.00 (3 tastings at R85.00 each.) I paid with 2 notes of R200, & he brought me R45.00 change! When I pointed this out he gave me the correct change & did not even apologise.

I object to be being treated like a second class citizen in my own country. In addition I object to waiters who think that customers are there to be “milked,” & possibly everyone who drinks 4 glasses of wine is so drunk that they cannot calculate their change.

To end our horrendous visit, we (responsibly) had travelled there by Uber, & the cellular signal was so bad we struggled to summon an Uber.

I shall look elsewhere to purchase my wine. Although Eagles Nest has good wine I shall not struggle to do better at the price.

Date of experience: December 2020
Eagles_Nest_Wines, Manager at Eagles Nest Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2020

Hi Matthew

I am SO sorry to hear about this experience! This all sounds very odd as the third wine you taste should have been an option between any 3 of our little eagle wines [a white, rose or red] so there is no way you should have been told you cant taste the rose.

Please be so kind as to contact me with a bit more information about the person who served you [a description is fine if you do not have a name] so we can take this further.

Also please please please let us know next time when you are still on the estate so that we can rectify the problem for you immediately. We hate that you left feeling less than satisfied with your experience.

Kind Regards