Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Protea Hotel Cape Town North Wharf(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Southern Sun The Cullinan(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
The Westin Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Urban Hip Icon Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
The New Tulbagh Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Capetonian Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Rockwell All Suite Hotel(Cape Town Central)
2,227 results
All reviewsevery half hourshuttle bustsogo sunshuttle serviceconcierge deskbreakfast buffetwater frontbusiness tripeasy accessbusiness hotelstayed here for nightsenjoyed my staytable mountainsouth africalong streetwaterfrontcticc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stay was overall pleasant but hotel can look at noise levels outside conference room, also need to look at driver of Mercedes Vito that took us to the airport - he drove at high speed and rather recklessly often passing cars in the left lane

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Pieter T, Manager at Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear 983Leonc

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit.

We are pleased to see that you had an overall pleasant stay with us.
Your concerns regarding the noise levels and the driver will be relayed to the relevant team leaders who will ensure this does not recur.

Thank you again for your feedback and for your support.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed at the Southern Sun Waterfront many time; mostly when down for a conference at the Cape Town International Conference Centre (a short walk away) or other assignments in Cape Town. The staff are consistently attentive, rooms immaculate and quiet, food excellent. A free shuttle takes you down to the Waterfront if you have the time for some lovely views and world class food experiences.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Dear Lorraine J

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback following your recent stay with us.

we are pleased to see that you had a great stay.
It was, as always an absolute pleasure having you as one of our guests.

kind regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On my first night in the hotel I left two £1.00 coins on the desk in my room. The following day whilst I was out they disappeared. The value isn't the issue here, it is the honesty of the hotel staff. I did speak to the on duty manager (Pieter) and his response was all that you could ask for. He said that the hotel takes matters of this kind very seriously and it would be looked into. I found it reassuring when he told me that the hotel looks to support its employees and that there would not be an automatic dismissal. As I was leaving the next day he took my email address and promised to let me know the outcome of the investigation. I've heard nothing since so I now feel doubly let down. Not a good start to my stay in S.Africa.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends

Dear Geoffrey T

Thank you for providing us with such detailed feedback following your stay.

Please accept my humblest apologies for not getting back to you with the information requested.
I will follow up with the team as to why there was a lapse in communications.

Our investigation lead us to the outcome that there were no dishonesty from any of the team members that entered/serviced your room. However further training has taken place to ensure that the possibility of such incidents gets minimized/ removed completely from our hotel as honesty is held in high regard here at Southern sun Waterfront.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here for opening of Parliament week, very busy time. The hotel was great the service was great from chamber maids was excellent. My one criticism on staff would be that the reception staff were not very welcoming nor helpful. It may be that they so many complaints from guests on their WiFi policy. This is a sham for a modern day hotel of this kind. The hotel is expensive for what you get and free WiFi should be included. Hey put the costume a little to cover it just don’t have guests having to pay for it as an extra.

Room Tip: Do not charge for WiFi as an extra, its just ludicrous for a modern hotel in this day and age.
Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business

Dear dejm106

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your recent stay with us.

We are pleased to see that you enjoyed our breakfast as well as our front door treats.

It is noted with concern that our front desk team members did not quite meet your expectations.
We will look into the matter and ensure that this does not recur.

'
Kind regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Party of five. We spent three nights here. Large hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet is extensive. The shuttle bus that runs every half hour to the waterfront was very handy as we did not rent a car. (Kids loved our driver Freedom!)

We had two standard rooms each with two queen beds. Only complaint is that our bathroom was in need of an update.

Oh, and the pizza place across the street was very good.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear MWM14

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your stay with us.

We are pleased to see you had a great stay, I will pass your regards on to Freedom.