“The yummiest food ever”

Saucisse Boutique Deli
Ranked #125 of 1,223 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

So i just happened to stumble upon this hidden gem much to my delight. The food was divine. I mean mouth wateringly good people. I had the chicken caesar salad which was honestly one of the best i've ever had and now i go there often. I'm actually surprised to see some bad reviews especially by people who claim to be regulars. If the food and staff were so bad then why did you go there every other day? Morons i tell you! It's delicious. In fact i'm going there for lunch now as i've made myself hungry just writing this!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We really enjoyed our food and the incredible friendliness of the staff! Highly highly recommend! The location is a perfect little break from the business of the weekend market and to top it off - the service was fast!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a lovely breakfast and came back 2 days later... lovely staff, great setting and fresh ingredients...

The team met our high expectations!!!

Keep it up team Saucisse

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’m a born and bred Capetonian working close by and I eat here regularly.

The quick and friendly service coupled with tasty menu which always includes weekly specials means I never tire of Saucisse. The find the review below hard to believe!

Thanks for all the delicious lunches team Saucisse.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We we’re regulars up until this point today where an incident occurred with a Service staff member of this deli as well the owner/head chef Amanda.

My girlfriend had ordered a Serrano Ham Wrap. What had come was the same order but with bread instead of the wrap as ordered.

Instead of the Service Staff corresponding to the order and apologizing she was immediately attack by the Service staff member by saying that my girlfriend had ordered the bread as starch.

This proceeded by the condescending chef/owner (as appropriately mentioned by herself) Amanda trying to say that none of her staff were in the wrong. She also could not give an apology and respect to my paying girlfriend for her service staff making a clear mistake and being in appropriate towards my girlfriend when she asked it to be changed to the first order given.

Highly frustrating as well poor condescending attitude from all staff and owner will not see us at the deli again.

Ps. This all could have been avoided if Amanda, the owner, told her Service Staff to write down orders as they are being requested from the cliental. Rookie area on all accounts as a deli/Resturant. Plus food is average for the price.

Chefmanda1, Owner at Saucisse Boutique Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Afternoon Alan.

We appreciate your comments.The incorrect order has been flagged and will be discussed at tomorrow's morning meeting.

We hope that your previous experiences at The deli will out way this bad one.

Regards Amanda