“Third time not so lucky”
Review of Il Cappero

Il Cappero
Ranked #320 of 1,253 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 April 2015

This was the third time we've visited this restaurant and I must say, I was disappointed. The night we chose to go was very quiet so the ambiance was not fantastic. It also wasn't helped by loud and animated discussion taking place in the kitchen that clearly filtered through to the diners.
The raw tuna special for starters was excellent but the main pasta dish was average, the pesto being too cloying on my palate and the prawns unappealingly small and grub-like! My partner, however, liked it a lot! The wine, a Sangiovese 2008, was excellent.

Reviewed 19 April 2015

I have been here few times and each time I had very good food and lovely athmosphere. The food is very good and fresh. Just a little bit overpriced and the wine list should be a bit bigger

Reviewed 18 April 2015

This is a great small Italian restaurant that combines good ambience, good service and great food. They keep it simple, and very good. Well done.

Reviewed 11 April 2015

We ate a brilliant Italian here on Saturday 4th April. The service was excellent, and the menu explained perfectly by the manager which really helped us choose. We both ate pasta plus a gorgeous bottle of Shiraz. My boyfriend also loved the tiramisu, which was homemade. Really nice atmosphere in the place as well.

Reviewed 9 March 2015

we heard a lot about this place and came by recommendation. The controfiletto steaks were basically not eatable because they were cooked very badly and extremely hard and impossible to chew. We did not expect this, was an unfortunate event. Other things we ordered were also quite disappointing. A very bad choice for a meal out in cape town.

1  Thank Ale33N