“Sweet & spicy eats”

Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I went here for supper on my birthday with my parents. There was really something for everyone. My dad who's a big spice fan had the curry, my brother had sushi and I had one of the the Japanese style dishes. The dishes seem similar from the description but there are subtle differences which give each it's own unique flavours. For instance my dish was on the sweeter side yet my dad's was spicy. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed it. It made my birthday just because the food and service were too notch and the portions were incredibly filling. I look forward to my next visit to try something new.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Had a truly yummy bowl of chicken dumpling soup! Had scrumptious dim sum! Had a taste of the chicken thai red curry, all of it very tasty and full of flavour, I would highly recommend the food and service and I felt it was great value for money.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Whenever I visit Durban I must visit The Green Mango. It’s a small cosy restaurant with usually just one waiter but that waiter is friendly, polite, knowledgeable and efficient. The sushi is heavenly. Roger (the owner) personally prepares all the sushi. Waiting time might be a little long but it’s worth the wait. Each portion of sushi is full of flavour and satisfaction. If sushi isn’t your thing, their prawn egg noodles will be sure to satisfy any craving.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Five of us has lunch last Sunday at the Green Mango. The food was simply fantastic and good value for money. All of us enjoyed our meals and definitely going back soon. One drawback, no pudding menu!

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I stopped there for lunch before heading to tge airport. I tried crispy duck with fried noodles which was very delicious. Fried calamari with sauce was also good. Love to be back if I go back to Durban again.