All reviewsbutler serviceluke dale robertsthe main hotelpresidential suiteafrican arthigh teamolton brown toiletriesnelson mandelaboutique hotelgorgeous hotelrooms are hugecape townan oasisworld classlong flightspent one nightstayed longer
Reviewed 15 July 2018

We had our wedding at the Saxon and then stayed over. They looked after our every need and it really was a perfect night. The rooms are large and luxurious and you really do get what you pay for - its not cheap, but the attention to detail is amazing, right down to the turn down service which included candles around the bath!

The breakfast the next morning was also even more than we had expected and really was more than 5 star.

Every member of staff we interacted with was very attentive and really provided exceptional service.

1  Thank Kevin S
GeorgeCohen, Managing Director at Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa. May I start by congratulating you on your wedding and also thank you for choosing to celebrate this momentous occasion with us.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the service to be very attentive and exceptional. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

This incredable hotel is just stunning. From the time you arrive to the time you leave you are made to feel like a movie star.. The staff are incredable and the General Manager has a hands on approach.. Keep it up we just love you guys

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Janine,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at the Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time and indeed felt like a movie star. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night on 20th June 2018 at the start of a holiday to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. I wish we had booked to stay longer. What a stunning hotel and what friendly staff. We were upgraded to the presidential suite. It was absolutely superb, huge, clean, so comfortable, so luxurious. we will never stay anywhere like this room again. The staff were unbelievably friendly and helpful. we had a lovely meal in he restaurant. My husband had forgotten to bring his reading glassed and the staff notices me reading to him and brought a tray on which were various strengths of glasses. the attention to detail was fabulous.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to the Presidential Suite and it was magnificent. I cannot rate this hotel too highly.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
GeorgeCohen, Managing Director at Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear joannebibby0908,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Saxon, as well as for choosing us to be part of your 30th wedding anniversary trip. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed it and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 12 July 2018

I cannot remember ever staying at a hotel as luxurious as the Saxon. We were there two nights at the start of a safari and were blown away by the accommodations (we stayed in the hotel proper, not the villas), the grounds, the decor, the fine dining, and the fantastic service. The indoor public areas are replete with African art, the outdoor public areas are like a brief trip to the bush.

Everything is included, even the mini-bar, even the full breakfast, which can be delivered to your room if you so desire. Nice!

The epitome of the service came when my wife tried to book a massage in the spa during a very narrow scheduling window. Told that there were no openings during that time, we appealed to the staff, and they found a way to get her in. And I never once doubted that they would.

I'm going with five stars overall, but I did have two minor complaints, and I almost feel silly for bringing them up.

But we did have to use the flashlight on our cell phones to get around our room at night, because the Crestron lighting system was too complex to memorize in such a short stay, and there was no other way to turn lights on and off, not even in the toilet. I had a Crestron system at home, and I had to give guests a full seminar in how to use it, and it was never straightforward, not even for me using it full time. Same here (for using the TV too). I wish there were light switches.

The other issue was transportation. Located in the posh northern suburbs of Joburg, and fully secure, the only way to get into town was to use the resident car service. The service was excellent, no complaints about them at all, but a) it was a bit costly, b) it hampered our freedom a movement to a small degree, and c) it was problematic on return trips, as we had to call the hotel when we wanted to be picked up and then had to wait for them to collect us, not a trivial amount of time in all cases.

Dear Dubi S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa. Whilst we are delighted to hear that you found us to be the height of luxury, we are disappointed to hear that there was some issues with the lighting service as well as the transportation. We sincerely appreciate your comments, as it is only through constructive feedback such as this that we can continue to strive to deliver the best possible experience to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Saxon again in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is right out of a movie. You Enter through the gates and security into beautiful grounds and a friendly staff. My room was enormous and absolutely gorgeous with Molton Brown amenities. The only problem is the lighting panel in the room is a bit confusing and I had to call the front desk to find out where the TV remote was in the room. It’s so big I couldn’t find the remote. I suggest it gets moved near the TV. There also should be lights that go on individually in the bathroom area instead of all on or all off. These are small issues. The restaurant outside is great with live music and great food. I also had my hair blown out in the spa. They use top of the line hair products and the stylist did a great job and used the newest GHD wand which I didn’t even know existed. I came home and bought one. Highly recommend!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
GeorgeCohen, Managing Director at Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Wendy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Saxon.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we will certainly take your suggestions to heart.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!