Glenalmond Hotel Sandton(Sandton)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$122
US$68
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

US$113
US$103
US$241
US$178
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

US$114
US$110
US$134
US$109
Agoda.com
CedarWoods of Sandton(Sandton)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$61
US$96
US$70
US$113
US$103
Travelocity
1,519 results
All reviewsthe executive loungenelson mandela squarefree shuttleshuttle servicebit datedbusiness tripbusiness centerbreakfast buffetthe hotel offerslate checksandton areagautrain stationsouth africashopping mallgymjohannesburgconcierge
Reviewed 10 July 2018

I stayed at this Hilton numerous times as I traveled through Africa, using it as a home base and as my original landing and departure point over the course of a month. The rooms are clean and comfortable and I especially enjoyed my room which provided a view of the sunrise and lots of light into the room in the morning. Service was very good, especially the concierge and the bellmen who carefully stored half of my luggage during any given side trip. The staff in the executive lounge were particularly friendly and helpful and this was appreciated as I was traveling alone so used the lounge for many of my meals. The restaurant in the hotel has a broad offering for the breakfast buffet and the fresh juice bar was especially nice, though other than the juice I generally preferred the executive lounge for breakfast (you can get eggs to order in both places). On one cold morning, the restaurant did not seem to have sufficient heat for the vast space. The gym and pool were small but sufficient and I actually found the carpeted halls and the spiral layout of the different rooms hallways to provide a good alternative to walking on the treadmill. Business center staff were helpful when I need to print out e-visas or had similar tasks to be done. I didn't have much luck in negotiating a late checkout most times despite being a Hilton Diamond member, though finally succeeded in that on the day I was flying home which was appreciated given the major repacking job to be done.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
Hotellier12, General Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear SarahElizabeth2015

Thank you for sharing your warm and detailed review with us. I am delighted to read your comments pertaining to the service received and Lounge access that you enjoyed. We are very proud of the team and all their efforts and would like to assure you that we value you as our guest and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

This was my first visit to Johannesburg. The Hilton Staff were very helpful and kind. The Johannesburg area had been experiencing some issue with personal safety of tourists due to some recent criminal activity. They gave us fair warnings and helped us avoid risks and exposure while at the same time allowing us to get around the city center.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear blm31758

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am pleased that you had a safe and enjoyable trip whilst in Johannesburg. We are pleased that you were met with helpful and kind staff and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in future.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

Its my 3rd visit and the service keeps on improving.
Spend 2 nights and cannot complain about anything.
Check in was fast, efficient and was upgraded to an Executive Floor with my Gold Status.
Room was fresh and clean.
Breakfast was great with ample choices of hot and cold.
Staff was excellent at the breakfast and dinner.
Want to highlight the Executive Floor Operator (Enza) I forgot my Adapter at home to connect my Apple charger. He was so helpful that he offered his charger for the afternoon. He was great.
Check out was fast and efficient with professional service as always.
Will see my again soon
Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
Hotellier12, General Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear Werner d

Thank you for sharing your warm review with us. I am delighted to read that you have experienced such a positive stay, from check-in to staff interaction to breakfast offerings. We are very proud of what the team is achieving and glad that you will return soon. We are looking forward to it.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Checking in was a breeze and the staff on hand where very friendly, the room itself is a bit dated and could use a bit of an upgrade or maybe just a good clean ( the carpet had a red stain and the light fitting cover had some stains as well)
I had called down to ask them to please empty the bar fridge as we wanted to put our things inside (around 7pm) by 10:30 no one had come so I called to tell them not to worry about it as we where going to sleep the response to this was ok. Absolutely no apology.
The f&b staff where brilliant and attentive at breakfast and they advised that if you let them know a few days before they can cater strictly Halaal for guests at no additional cost.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Hotellier12, General Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Zakmitha,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am pleased that your check in was a breeze and that you received friendly service. Please allow me to apologise for the lack of urgency from team members in removing items from your mini bar. I assure you this is not the norm and will be addressed as we pride ourselves in the way we serve our guests. Thank you for your comments regarding the rooms, carpets and light fittings. We are always encouraging our guests to let us know where we can improve on to ensure guest satisfaction.

You are a valued guest and we would like to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I would want to complement the beds: very good (or it felt that way) new mattresses, pillows, and there were enough of them.

I liked the food as well, breakfasts are fresh, the variaty allows you not to get bored through the week.

The staff is very professional and helpful.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Hotellier12, General Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Alexandra Kadet

Thank you for sharing your warm review with us. I am delighted to read your comments and to see that you enjoyed our good quality beds and freshly prepared food.

We would like to welcome you back soon to exceed your expectations once again.