See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This beautiful little boutique hotel is just off of the Main Street in Sapa, and yet it is delightfully quiet and serene. The rooms are large, and clean with a firm but decent bed, a small veranda offered stunning views of the mountains. Breakfast was included with a choice of western eggs and toast or a traditional Vietnamese soup. The dining room is pretty, and every morning we sat by the fireplace which had been thoughtfully lit by the staff. The street is home to many restaurants, shops, and spas, so nice to wander up and down in the evenings. I can't say enough about how helpful the staff were. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carolinetravels2
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Very well situated in the centre, this beautiful hotel offers stylish rooms with terrasses overlooking the mountains. A lot of activities- including sauna -massage - can be organised if the staff keep
their promises and remain fully available all year long; the food is very good.

Room Tip: choose a room overlooking the mountains with a sheltered terrasse !
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kyle D
Reviewed 17 April 2014

An oasis in the centre of town...quiet, secluded and surrounded by trees and gardens...very quiet, yet within steps of the centre of Sapa. The staff was always at the door and welcoming. All our questions were answered! Breakfast was complete with fruit, juice, coffee, scrambled eggs and toast. All our hikes and day trips were arranged by the concierge at Cha Pa. Our guide.."Swee"
was tops - good English, excellent people skills and very in-tune with our abilities.
I couldn't praise him more highly.
Thanks Cha Pa for the unforgettable experience in Sapa.
Your Canadian (fit) Seniors, Tom and Dawn, March, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DawnJamieson
Reviewed 17 March 2014

It took a little bit of work to go to Sapa so we used the Cha Pa Garden hotel to help us with the train reservations, transfers and a couple of tours.
Email communication with the small hotel was really good and quick, so it made the planning much easier.

After doing my own research, I chose to use the overnight Sapaly express train. We picked our tickets at the train station at 9:50pm and arrived in Lao Cai at 7 in the morning the next day (about 45mn late).
There wasn't any VIP cabins for 2 left so we booked a cabin for 4 for the two of us.
The ride was all right and the common bathroom was better than I thought. Just be prepared for a bumpy ride.

We chose a shared transfer in Lao Cai to Sapa. However, I would advise to get a private transfer if you can.
The driver was not the friendliest and we had to wait until he would entirely fill up the minibus before leaving. (tourists and locals)
I also noticed that the driver and a few other passengers had no problems throwing garbage out of the window during the one-hour drive.
On top of that, my partner's neighbor threw up shortly before we arrived in Sapa. So then again, you may want a private transfer after a long 9 hour train ride.

So we arrived quite early and were lucky to get the room right away. Cha Pa garden is quite a charming guest house with a very friendly staff.
It was quite cold when we arrived and it was nice to see that we had heat in the room.
The room was really bright, inviting and spacious with large windows.
However, there is a need for a few basic improvements.
So here's my list:
- a safe is a must and needs to be added
- there was a huge dip in the floor in the middle of the room. It almost felt like we were going to walk through .It has to be fixed.
- there was a huge gap between the large windows in the living-room. You could feel the cold air was going through. Such a waste of energy.
- The bathroom needs a major makeover
- it felt really cold in the common living area. It was just freezing and not comfortable.
- their web site has been down for quite a while and still not up and running.

I know I'm being a bit nit-picky but Cha Pa garden is still a good choice for Sapa. It's quiet, got great staff, the location is excellent and the rooms are well priced below $100 US a night.
It's also really easy to walk around town from there.

For lunch, I would recommend the Hill station. It's great if you want a nice coffee, delicious sandwiches, cheese plate or charcuterie.
The Hill Station also makes great lunch boxes that you can order the night before at a good price.
For diner, I would recommend The Hill Station signature for local specialties or the Sapa Rooms restaurant.

We managed to book a car with driver and guide a couple of times with the hotel.
It worked out well for us since we couldn't do too much hiking even though it got a little pricey. However, the experience was more personal and intimate rather than being in a larger group.

We were very lucky to have Maylinh as a guide as it made the experience more amazing so don't hesitate to ask for her.
She's from the Ta Phin village and her English was excellent.

Her husband was our guide when we went to the Bac Ha market for our second day tour.
Don't miss the market on Sunday if you are going to be in the region. You will have a lot of photo opportunities even though it has become touristy.

We enjoyed Sapa and the Cha Pa garden boutique hotel very much. I would suggest to go when the weather is nicer and warmer though. (we were there in February)
I can only imagine how beautiful the rice fields would be when they are green with a beautiful sunshine.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bcgraph
Dung F, Guest Relations Manager at Cha Pa Garden Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Stephan Alberola,

Thank you so much for your very nice comments & also for your very kind words of cheer. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stays. We all do hope to see you in our hotel next time you are in Sapa.

Wish you both all the best.

Thanks a lot once again.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We can't say enough great things about this place. Even though it's in the center of town, it feels very intimate and personal and the decor, cleanliness and staff are all fantastic. Wifi was a little sketchy in the room, but fine in the lobby.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple