All reviews bamboo hut stunning views wooden bathtub mountain rice cooking class power supply family run place herbal bath entire house is recommended activities yoga room stylish touches complimentary sunset plum wine fresh spring rolls organic garden great place to experience
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed three nights here and the setting is absolutely stunning with amazing views over the valley. The rooms a gorgeous, and the food in the restaurant is some of the best we’ve ever had.

On our second day in Sapa we found ourselves in a bit of a pickle when our credit card got eaten by an ATM. Our other card had been cancelled 2 days earlier due to fraudulent activity detected by the bank, so we found ourselves with no means to withdraw money and only enough cash to last a few days.

The staff at Sapa Clay House called a friend who worked at the bank and arranged for someone to go and retrieve the card from the ATM. One of the staff who is fluent in both Vietnamese and English then accompanied us to the bank the next morning and helped us retrieve the card.

Unbelievable service, we cannot speak highly enough about this place. They literally saved our holiday. We will come back in a heartbeat next time we are in Vietnam.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bianca E
Reviewed 6 July 2018

From the moment I walked into the Sapa Clay House, I were met with a smile and friendliness. Especially Chinh, who is friendly and thoughtful, made me feel like I was staying at my dearest friend's house. She was willing to make sure my stay was enjoyed and everything provided was a high standard.

Food was delicious made with fresh local ingredients and well presented by a chef. Panoramic views from a spacious balcony was breathtaking. My fondest memory at the clay house is sitting in the balcony and watching the stunning views changing minute by minute.

No TV in a room but good Internet connection. If you don't like animals, insects and bugs, you wouldn't like to be there. However, if you are a nature lover, appreciate the nature as itself, you would feel like being in a heavenly peaceful paradise.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
4  Thank Areum R
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My daughter and I stayed here 2 nights and despite the bad weather, we had a great time. The hotel itself is beautiful with tastefully decorated touches. We rented a private hut and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. We came back from breakfast and our room was already tidied. When we came back from dinner, again, our room was ready with a beautiful mosquito net. The hotel is a 10-15 minute ride away by taxi but it is well worth it because we didn't want to stay in the busy/hectic downtown. We had lunch and dinner at the restaurant and the food was simply delicious. Everything was prepared with care. I couldn't say enough about the staff at the hotel. It is a family run business and they do care about their guests and will go out of their way to help you. I'd definitely come back here again. The view from our balcony is breathtaking even in the rain and fog. You'll pay a little more compared to other places in town but it is the whole experience that we wanted to have and the hotel did not disappoint us.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Hang N
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We arrived to Sapa Clay House and originally we’re fairly disappointed given the wet weather and the view was a complete white out. However we made the most of it and the second day of being at sapa the rain held off and we did get to explore. The view from clay house is unbelievable, looks straight out of a picture book. The staff are VERY accomodating and make you feel
Apart of their family, anything you ask they will go above and beyond to organise, they assist with her daily plans at breakfast to make sure you get the most out of your time. Each nights we returned to our room the mosqueto nets were prepared, bed turned down and lighting turned on with a cute note for expected weather for the next day. Suggestion of acitvity and “words for the day” a nice little touch with a small gift (owl key ring and money purse). The only down side we found was being 10min away from town and a cab 80,000-100,000 dong each way, but have to expect that given the view provided
Cannot forget their gorgeous kitty (Li Li I hope I got it right) is with you wherever you go always looking for a cuddle

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Despite making a booking for the wrong date, the staff still managed to accommodate. Stayed in the private bamboo hut this time round with my folks and the view was still equally as amazing. The place is extremely homely and everyone made sure we were had the best experience. Food-wise, presentation and taste were superb! Thank you Sapa Clayhouse and I’m sure we’ll see you soon!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family