“Yum!”
Review of Matcha Cafe Bali

Matcha Cafe Bali
Ranked #86 of 317 Restaurants in Canggu
Description: Matcha Cafe Bali is a neighborhood cafe in Canggu serving up a line of matcha organic green tea beverages, specialty coffee, a seasonal and healthy food menu. The cafe is open from 7am to 4pm and it’s focused on all-day breakfasts, lunch and desserts. We craft matcha drinks like lattes, lemonades, milkshakes, as well as turmeric or bulletproof, juices and smoothies.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great little relaxed cafe. Excellent food. Had a top Mahi-Mahi burger! Nice place to watch the world scoot by...

Matcha_Cafe_Bali, Guest Relations Manager at Matcha Cafe Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Belle, thank you for the great review! We’re so happy you loved the mani-mahi burger and can’t wait to have you back at Matcha. Come back and see us soon. Cheers!

Reviewed March 21, 2018

On my second trip to Bali I left the bigger cities and attractions for the beach. Canggu is lovely and the lack of tourists and shopping but bountiful yoga and clean eating makes this area a must if you are planning a visit. I am here for a month and was looking for that spot to sit and work, connect with the west, write and all while eating amazing items from a menu that would keep me coming back. As the son of a restauranteur and a former wife who also was an owner-operator, I get what it takes to make people happy with service, quality, portions, taste, ambience and pricing while serving food and beverages to the public. It's not easy and Matcha makes it look like the breezes that come through their three different dining areas on these hot Indo days. With a skate park across the street and rice patties around... the view and scene reminds me of being back on Venice Beach Boardwalk where I have lived for 20yrs. The service (c'mon, it's the Balinese people we are talking here, it's amazing) is 5star and the staff is beyond sweet, courteous and professional. Matcha tea makes a great case for a coffee substitute as well and they have several delicious variations on the menu. I have had 7 different things so far and can't wait until I have said I tasted the whole menu. Delicious, clean, healthy food to fuel your yoga, travel or just to give you a memorable dining experience. Highly recommend. ENJOY!

Matcha_Cafe_Bali, Guest Relations Manager at Matcha Cafe Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a beautiful review! We really appreciate it and it’s a real boost to the team at Matcha when they feel their efforts are appreciated.

Many thanks and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

Great place with a nice ricefield view. Friendly staff, good food, better prices than a lot of similar places and the Bali Poke Bowl is amazing.

Matcha_Cafe_Bali, Guest Relations Manager at Matcha Cafe Bali, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your experience Fredrik! We hope to see you again soon at Matcha.

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

I really like this place. It’s nice and relaxed. I come here almost daily at least for drinks. Being vegan I appreciate having lots of choices. The smoothies are delicious and the juices even better.
They have to work on dishes though. The ingredients and spices don’t usually go together and they use a LOTS of salt((( Everything is overly salty or sugary. I always ask not to put any salt but it always magically appears on my dish. The coffee is horrible. I don’t think they taste the food in the kitchen.
The place has good potential to be one of the best and the staff is great)))) They use good and fresh products.
So Matcha people if you are reading this, please have a good look at your dishes. Taste everything together and then put them on the plate. Let the ingredients shine. You are trying to much and unfortunately failing too often.

Matcha_Cafe_Bali, Owner at Matcha Cafe Bali, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review, it's always helpful for the community whether it's positive or negative. I'm very glad that you like our cafe, thank you! But I'm also surprised about a few things so please allow me to reply:

The coffee we use is from Tanamera (please Google) which was awarded Champion International Roaster at the Melbourne International Coffee Expo and Australian International Coffee Award. We use a special blend of coffee beens from Indonesian islands Sumatra and Flores, roasted by probably the best roaster in Indonesia here in Bali and delivered fresh to our cafe. That being said, it's always a matter of taste, but definitely not a horrible coffee as a statement ;)

Then I'm actually shocked to hear that we don't taste the food, it's the owner writing and I eat at Matcha almost every day to check consistency and flavours. Our menu has been done by a well known vegan holistic chef together with our Indonesian chef, and I personally organise free breakfast/lunch/dinners with a close group of friends and people in the business to taste new dishes.

Two things that I also made sure in the kitchen are to stay low in salt and not use refined sugars (we use dates, honey, maple syrup, coconut nectar blossom for example). Salt, pepper and sugars (white or palm) are on the tables if guests like to add any. So I apologise if there was too much salt in your dish, it's unusual for me to hear this feedback but I will remind my staff to make sure.

We have been open for 7 months now and we always try to get better, next time you come please ask for the owner and I'd be happy to talk about our cafe and being vegan :)

Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

Love this place so much. Everything is delicious. Gnocchi and afogato with matcha ice cream are winners. Highly recommended for breakfast and lunch ❤️

Matcha_Cafe_Bali, Guest Relations Manager at Matcha Cafe Bali, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2018

Dear Julia, thank you for taking the time to write such a beautiful review. We hope to see you at Matcha again soon!