All reviews close to the airport guest laundry biscuits and gravy shuttle service mendenhall glacier downtown juneau ferry terminal free shuttle two hours yogurt free breakfast no elevator great place to stay hotel shuttle would definitely stay here again first floor fridge and microwave
Reviewed 2 February 2019

After vacationing in California we were finally on the last lag of the trip. Tired and ready to rest in a comfortable bed and room. Country in is also nearby choices for dinner. Such a pleasure to stay here!

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2019

This well-maintained Best Western motel is near the airport and has a shuttle service. They will even take you downtown if you desire! The price per night is as low as it gets in Juneau, which influenced our decision to book a room there. We were impressed with the cleanliness of the room. The hotel isn't new, but everything was up to date, fresh, clean and in good shape. With a refrigerator, Keurig machine, large TV, hairdryer, and quality linens, the room was as nicely equipped as much more expensive rooms I've stayed in. We heard a few airplanes, but the neighborhood was really very quiet. The lobby and breakfast area were neat and tidy with comfortable seating. There were lots of breakfast options available: cereal, toast, eggs, bacon, sausage gravy and biscuits, gluten free oatmeal and an oatmeal topping bar (nuts, coconut, etc.), bananas, yogurt, juices, coffee, tea, and more. It was top notch. The staff was friendly and on the ball. We will definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Northwestnest
Sonja C, Manager at Best Western Country Lane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2019

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a wonderful review! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 31 December 2018

My husband and I stayed here three times (five nights) in August 2018. It was our staging area before our backcountry trip to Glacier Bay and then 10 days in Haines.

Overall, our experience was fine. There's definitely some unevenness in the niceness of this motel, depending on what you're looking for.

For one visit, we stayed in an "upgraded" room with a kitchen. This was a disappointment, as the kitchen was useless. The only supplies are four paper cups. No utensils, no china, no pots, etc. It is really pointless unless you bring your own supplies. I've never stayed in such a useless kitchen at a hotel/motel before, and I regret spending extra money for it.

They occasionally had problems with the security certificate for their wifi. I honestly forget the specific issues, but I knew I was glad to use a VPN the whole time I was there.

The shuttle to/from downtown is useful. My husband and I were never sure whether to tip. Some drivers seemed surprised.

The breakfast was as expected, i.e., slightly disappointing. It's not very healthy. Few good vegetarian options other than sweetened things.

One room we stayed in had a window overlooking the hallway, so it was rather noisy. The staff kindly gave us welcome bags with earplugs and eye masks, which helped somewhat.

Another high point in the service came when the front desk warned us that our ferry was running way behind schedule.

For its quality, the motel seemed quite expensive, but I understand Juneau is busy in August, and it's a seller's market. We would stay here again, but it is not magical.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I apologize during your stay last August we were in the middle of Wi-Fi upgrades. We appreciate your feedback on our property and are excited to say we have ongoing improvements planned for the next year. We do have kits with all the kitchen necessities available upon request. I apologize this was not made aware to you upon check-in. Again, we appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 December 2018

This hotel was a very good fit for me as a traveler on business. The shuttle got me back and forth accordingly. The desk staff were more than friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was good and hot and ready when they opened. Great place to stay! I could have stayed in town but I met more nice people staying at this facility.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2018

Well this was another great stay at the BW Country Lane Inn, this is my favorite hotel to stay at in Juneau, AK. Some of the great things about this hotel are: The Shuttle, the Rooms, the Breakfast and the Internet that is all provide here. The staff here are very good workers, the front desk is helpful and we take full advantage of the Shuttle Service.I am lucky enough that I get to travel a few times a year for work and this is the hotel that I always request and this is where I will also stay when traveling on my personal travel too.

Date of stay: November 2018