Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Scenic Flight and Bear encounter

Absolutely wonderful experience! First time to Alaska for our family with teenagers. Martin gave... read more

Reviewed December 14, 2022
lhF4627QL
Awesome bear viewing

Flew with Martin to Katmai for an incredible bear viewing experience. It was just like the pictures... read more

Reviewed October 1, 2022
211alvinm

All reviews bear viewing clams lake clark national park excellent pilot experienced pilot highly recommend this to anyone scenic flight outstanding experience once in a lifetime within feet remote area return flight felt safe the whole time beautiful scenery walked right taking pictures we spent hours
Selected filters
Reviewed July 7, 2021

What a great day! Martin is an excellent guide and pilot. Beautiful flight over and back with a tour of the mountains on the return trip. Several hours on the ground, got up close (15 feet or so) to several brown bears that were digging for clams on the beach.

We recommend Martin 100%!

Date of experience: July 2021
Reviewed July 6, 2021

What an amazing experience. First off, Martin is an exceptional pilot. Secondly, he definitely has some sort of connection with the bears. They are at ease around him which allows you to get closer then you'd expect. I cannot say enough good things about this trip and it was worth every penny. If you are looking to book a trip to see bears, look no further.

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed August 28, 2020

This is by far my favorite LIFETIME travel experience!!! Martin is extremely safety conscious when it comes to flying and he has a special relationship/ connection with the bears which makes it a special, intimate experience that you likely won’t get with other groups. I am still in awe of how close we got to the bears and I never felt like we were intruding on their space. The bears seemed quite happy and content digging for clams or taking afternoon naps. We saw multiple cubs being curious and playful. One of them even came right up to our guide. When we talk about our Alaska trip to our friends and family, we spend most of our time talking about this amazing tour!

2  Thank ChristyLynnV
Reviewed August 27, 2020 via mobile

We almost decided not to take this tour, as it is rather expensive when traveling on a budget. I am so glad we didn’t back out, because we would have missed the experience of a lifetime. Martin was a fantastic guide and got us closer than I ever imagined I’d be to these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat, while never feeling unsafe. At one point as the tide was coming in, I counted 29 bears within sight, and all just went about their business relaxing or eating clams or salmon as we walked among them. We saw another tour group who’s guide kept them about 100’ from a momma bear and her two cubs. Martin safely brought us so close (he knew these bears already) that we had to shoo off one of the curious cubs as she repeatedly came within mere inches of our group. I absolutely loved this experience, it is one I’ll treasure and remember forever.

2  Thank jkempfer
Reviewed August 18, 2020 via mobile

My wife and 2yr old son were on a trip to Homer, and on a whim I looked into this experience. The reviews from others were so good I had to sign us up—and boy were we blown away by our experience!!
Martin, the owner and guide was phenomenal. I’ve been on many small planes before, but this was the smallest—and the smoothest trip! And his knowledge and feel for the bears was second to none. We got within 10-20 feet of a mother and two cubs, but NEVER felt unsafe with Martin as our guide. And that was with our 2yr old in tow. Martin never made us feel bad about having our son with us, and the adventure was superb.
I can’t recommend this adventure enough. I have lived in Alaska for 18 years and this trip was the best of many Alaskan adventures I’ve done.

Thank you Martin!!!