“Expansive water views, Great dining area.”

Nautilus Resort Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 107 Restaurants in Rarotonga
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A stylish Polynesian beachfront dining & bar concept. Casual dining on the patio overlooking Muri Lagoon and impressive a la carte wining & dining in the main island-themed restaurant. Showcasing signature Cook Island tastes with an emphasis on fresh, local produce and Pacific influences -Nautilus offers a premium Rarotongan dining experience. Chef Michael Fosbender and his team look forward to welcoming you to the finest Muri has to offer.
Reviewed 20 August 2018

We enjoyed being here, Staff, manager & meals were great. Cocktails were yummy too!! Live music, laid back popular old tunes by Ronnie and Jim, a husband and wife duo on the Wednesday night we were there. Big Plus - paper straws and many other things eco minded.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

I visited Nautilus restaurant during my Rarotonga visit in June 2018. Insiders told me that Nautilus is the best fine dinning restaurant on the island. I don't have any other option, as confirm this gossip. After my first visit, I came back 4 times. Always clean, nice bar with ocean breathtaking view on the lagoon. Great bar snacks and lunch menu. Dinner menu is simple, but soooo tasty and everyone will find his favorites. Amazing mix of international kitchen, always with the island touch. Local iconic food as Ika Mata is the best on Rarotonga. Wide selection of cocktails and drinks make your stay like stay in the Garden of Eden. Staff very nice and helpful always smiling. I saw wedding on Nautilus beach and I felt sorry that I'm already married. Absolutely gorgeous, with tropical vibe, turquoise lagoon and pacific island on backround. OMG. My next life wedding will be here for sure...

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Ate here twice while on holiday in Rarotonga, beautiful setting in front of the lagoon.
Ika mata was fantastic but so was everything else we had both nights. We were renting a private villa next door so this became my local for a predinner cocktail, very friendly helpful staff, all of the meals were at a very high standard if you only eat out once in Raro make sure its here.
Both nights were exceptional and really added to our relaxing island break.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

We spent 5 days in this welcoming resort. The rooms in every self- contained house are very tastefully decorated. Each house holds everything one may need on holiday, even cooking utensils should one want to cook. There are private swimming pools on the veranda to enjoy, some houses have private access to the beach. It was pure bliss falling asleep to the sound of the waves and waking up to the same relaxing sound. The view from our bedroom was stunning! The food in the restaurant is something out of this world! I spent 4 years working with top chefs in Europe and it is not an exaggeration to say that the restaurant is a real gem on that island.
Lots of little touches like a coffee machine and a milk frother in each house ( I would not have survived without my Nespresso morning latte) and chocolate delivered each afternoon.
The staff are friendly and very helpful.
The Resort Manager Craig is very experienced and it was felt that he really cared for every guest on the resort. The children say Hello, they enjoyed talking to you and stroking the dogs.
There is plenty to do on the resort : lots of equipment to use free of charge. We went kayaking and snorkelling.
We shall be coming back!

1  Thank KSKK97
Reviewed 9 August 2018

The food was excellent, no doubt. However, the service was of poor quality albeit very polite and friendly.

We ordered cocktails (which took forever, but ok as they were very busy). As we were waiting, we picked a wine for dinner. They proceeded to bring us our wine before we had our cocktails, and then were very confused when we said we wanted to cancel the cocktails as we already had the wine...

As a caveat: our hotel told us that they're currently going through a management change at the moment, so the service could improve shortly.

2  Thank 337alliep