Priceline
sread
Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe

Breathtaking

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 29, 2021
Absolutely amazing. Would highly recommend for those travelling to Aitutaki. You basically wake up and walk onto the beach from the rooms. The water is crystal clear and the facilities are all you need. I loved the sheer simplicity of the place too, very basic in such a good way! Would definitely go back one day.
Date of stay: July 2020
  • Expedia.com
    ₱29,247
3.2 km from Aitutaki Village
Pool
Lower Tree Hut - sleeps 3. Nice layout as kitchen is 'separated to the rear'.
3.1 km from Aitutaki Village
    Free Wifi
    our lodge
    2.7 km from Aitutaki Village
    View more hotels in Aitutaki
    All reviews one foot island ootu beach blue lagoon cook islands yogurt heaven on earth accommodation paradise roosters boatshed deck
    Selected filters
    Reviewed April 21, 2020

I stayed for four nights early March as a solo traveller. From the moment I was greeted at the airport by Marie (only a short drive away) to the moment I left, I loved it all. Marie was a warm and friendly host.

The cabins were great. Some may call them basic but they were clean and comfortable and have everything you need (including great aircon which is such a relief on the really hot and humid days).

This place has a perfect and beautiful location. The sun setting from the bar is magical.

If you can spare a few days or more in Aitutaki (rather than just the day trip that's offered), then I definately recommend Aitutaki Village.

Date of stay: March 2020
    1  Thank Andrew H
    Reviewed April 12, 2020 via mobile

Nice and cozy bungalow hotel just is front of the most beautiful lagoon in the world, you don’t need tv or luxury when you have a view like this.
    The room are more than basic and always clean, big bed and big shower, fresh water is always available in the fridge.
    The restaurant is just on the lagoon, with a good choice of typical dishes.
    People from the Aitutaki village are always
    smiling and friendly, and they are always at your disposal.
    The cruises for the famous Motus and one foot islands are leaving from the beach just in front of the bungalows.
    100% suggested!

Date of stay: November 2019
    1  Thank Brownieducky
    Reviewed March 12, 2020

My wife and I stayed in Aitutaki Village for a couple days during our honeymoon. The location and accommodations were beautiful. On site kayaks were a nice touch. The attached restaurant is good and has an amazing buffet breakfast, but often runs out of dinner items (makes sense as the island is quite remote and shipping is an issue) The music is way too loud for the tranquil location.

We loved our stay except for some real issues with the staff. We were introduced to the resort by an amazing staff member named Elaina(?). She was courteous and drove us from the airport to our room. She gave us a lot of great information on the area and booked us in while we waited for our lagoon cruise.

Unfortunately the rest of the stay was managed by a staff member called "Aunty Love". During the last day of our stay my wife and I were relaxing in the lawn chairs close to the beautiful lagoon when Aunty Love and a bunch of the locals started blasting their own music. Seemed pretty unprofessional as the music was very loud, driving off many of the other guests. We could even hear the music through the walls of our room, so there was no way to get away from it. Aunty Love was also walking around with open alcohol while going between her friends and the front desk. My wife and I let her know the music was very loud and we were leaving the resort to find somewhere quiet, but she did not seem too concerned.

My wife and I had an early flight to catch the following morning and let Aunty Love know we would need a transfer. She said she would inform the staff and a transfer would be no issue. We woke up the next morning and milled around the entrance waiting for our transfer. We started to worry about 45 minutes before our flight as no staff was present. We had to go to the owner's on site house and knock on the door to get service as it was quite early. Luckily we ran into Elaina from the first day. After apologizing she rushed us to the airport, but we had just missed our flight. Elaina did a great job of getting us on our next flight for free and comped us a portion of our total bill at the resort.

Though Elaina was an amazing host and provided great support on the first and last day, we found the whole experience to be frustrating due to the unprofessional staff on site for the other days.

Room tip: Book a room far away from the beach/restraunt
    Date of stay: January 2020
    3  Thank V9706GXryank
    Reviewed January 28, 2020

My son and I were so looking forward to this week together on a fly fishing expedition and we were not disappointed! The Cook Islands locals, business owners, and others we met were so kind and warm. We found Aitutaki Village via the company that arranged our fly fishing excursion and the property was just what we were hoping for. The pace was very relaxing and the weather was nice, of course. The highlight was definitely the hospitality and graciousness of our hosts. They went out of their way to make sure every detail was spot on. The accommodations were clean and recently renovated. I look forward to returning and bring my wife and the rest of our family.

Date of stay: January 2020
    1  Thank Dboehmig
    Reviewed October 30, 2019

The setting of this place is near the airport side of the island, but it still manages to be an amazingly calm and tranquil place for the most relaxing of vacations. Not only did the beautiful view of the lagoon set me up for a great stay, but it was all brought together by the warmth and sincere kindness of the management and staff. Aroa was the person who greeted me at the airport, and she was the best welcome I could have imagined. Her personality is as bright and sparkly as the amazing waters that surround the island, and she did not miss a beat in getting me settled in and in answering all of my questions. Although I did not eat breakfasts as I headed out too early to meet my friends, I did enjoy some gorgeous dinners. Most memorable was a Ginger and Sesame Catch of the Day special. Although I noticed another reviewer fretting the price, I can assure everyone that the quality of the meal coupled with the artistic plating could stand up against any meal that I have had in my Foodie City---beautiful and delicious! Finally, on my way out I approached the front office with several needy requests that I was sure would be shot down. Maria (owner?) saved the day, and did it all in her lovely, kind, unbelievably helpful manner (and wouldn't you know that Aroa made another helpful appearance?!). I felt spoiled, but I get the sense that Maria, Aroa and the rest of the staff are this helpful and accommodating for all of their guests. Thank you all for a truly wonderful time on an unbelievably beautiful island!

Date of stay: October 2019