Priceline
JTAChicago_Illinois
Chicago, Illinois

Perfect Combination of Hospitality and Tranquility

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Oct 29, 2019
The setting of this place is near the airport side of the island, but it still manages to be an amazingly calm and tranquil place for the most relaxing of vacations. Not only did the beautiful view of the lagoon set me up for a great stay, but it was all brought together by the warmth and sincere kindness of the management and staff. Aroa was the person who greeted me at the airport, and she was the best welcome I could have imagined. Her personality is as bright and sparkly as the amazing waters that surround the island, and she did not miss a beat in getting me settled in and in answering all of my questions. Although I did not eat breakfasts as I headed out too early to meet my friends, I did enjoy some gorgeous dinners. Most memorable was a Ginger and Sesame Catch of the Day special. Although I noticed another reviewer fretting the price, I can assure everyone that the quality of the meal coupled with the artistic plating could stand up against any meal that I have had in my Foodie City---beautiful and delicious! Finally, on my way out I approached the front office with several needy requests that I was sure would be shot down. Maria (owner?) saved the day, and did it all in her lovely, kind, unbelievably helpful manner (and wouldn't you know that Aroa made another helpful appearance?!). I felt spoiled, but I get the sense that Maria, Aroa and the rest of the staff are this helpful and accommodating for all of their guests. Thank you all for a truly wonderful time on an unbelievably beautiful island!
Date of stay: October 2019
  • ZenHotels.com
    ₱27,888
3.2 km from Aitutaki Village
Pool
Lower Tree Hut - sleeps 3. Nice layout as kitchen is 'separated to the rear'.
3.1 km from Aitutaki Village
    Free Wifi
    our lodge
    2.7 km from Aitutaki Village
    View more hotels in Aitutaki
    All reviews one foot island ootu beach blue lagoon cook islands yogurt heaven on earth accommodation paradise roosters boatshed deck
    Selected filters
    Reviewed October 18, 2019 via mobile

From the moment we stepped off the plane and greeted by all the staff members from every resort and accommodation hub was overwhelming! Beautiful reception for a true Aitutaki welcome! Then a 3 minute aircon van ride back to ootu beach was beautiful AV! The village is nestled in such a beautiful setting! The villas have excellent aircon, clean and well maintained! Outside island scenery every turn and just so peaceful! Although your right next to the airport run way the noise drowns with in a minute or 2!
    The staff were warm, friendly and the restaurant staff did come past of an evening to see if you were dining with them which i thought was a nice gesture! The meals were ok, prices a bit high but considering the logistics of gettin food to the island I totally understand! Elaine & uncle T were very helpful loved our chats about history, island life and tips of places to go too! We hired scooters from popoara less than 100mtr walk ... koru cafe 30mtr walk!! Meitaki AV ... will be back!

Date of stay: September 2019
    Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    1  Thank jamietupaea
    Reviewed August 2, 2019

We stayed 6 nights at Aitutaki Village in a tipane bungalow and absolutely loved our experience in all various angles, from the accommodation itself to the resort facilities and super friendly staff.
    Our immaculately clean bungalow seemed very new, as if newly renovated, with a huge very comfy super king bed, linens were wonderfully soft. Stunning flower displays on arrival. Our 9 y.o. boy had its own single bed.
    Bathroom is large with a great modern power shower. Nice dining table inside as well as cute table outside on our private balcony, with limited lagoon views. Fridge is rather large, which was a bonus.
    Staff at all levels was extremely friendly, professional and helpful. Always smiling :-)
    Resort is just purely SIMPLE but practical, beach loungers and restaurant/bar facing the stunning lagoon. No fuss is needed when you have such natural beauty in front of your eyes, really!
    Kayaks are great, Viking Kayaks, we have the same type here in NZ. We had amazing adventures exploring the nearby islands which can be easily be reached if you are a confident yakker. We found our own private coconut fringed white sand beaches on the lagoon.
    Breakfasts were outstanding, wonderfull tropical fresh fruits, cereals, pancakes, eggs, toast. All that overlooking the ever-changing colours of the lagoon!
    The bar is an equally spectacular place to hang around particularly at sunset time, watching the "sun setting show" with a cocktail in hand.
    The resort's restaurant/bar "The Blue Lagoon" offfers excellent food, although we found that they did not seem to have an extensive menu, with lots of items not available. Maybe it was the time of year, lack of produce... not sure. But whatever they offered, we thoroughly enjoyed, particularly the Fish curry, which knocked our socks off!
    We also loved the serenity, peacefulness of the surrounding area outside the un-fenced resort, a few self-catering accommodation places and tidy fields of coconut palms with heaps of free-roaming chickens. As the sign on the road as you approach the area: "Slow down, your in heaven" = Says it all!
    An 100% locally owned business run by passionate locals, THANK YOU HEAPS for a wonderful stay :-)
    PS: Oh dear, I almost forgot to mention their island night! How could I? A must if you are around! Buffet was outstanding, with loads of local specialities, and the dance/music cultural show was wonderful. I had so much fun joining the dancers on stage, imitating their sleek hip-swinging moves, thing I never ever thought I would ever do :-)
    Thank you again Aitutaki Village, we will be back again!

Room tip: Our bungalow No 3 offered more privacy with beautiful large tree in front of our balcony.
    Date of stay: July 2019
    • Trip type: Traveled with family
    1  Thank Morepork24
    Reviewed July 26, 2019

In 4 weeks time I visited Rarotonga, Aitutaki, Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora. But this island was the most beautiful! I stayed for 8 nights at the AV. I loved the Ootu beach and went for a lagoon cruise to One Foot Island twice, biked around the island and walked up to the highest hill for a fantastic view. If you want to enjoy a peaceful and most blue lagoon of all: go to Ootu beach and especially Aitutaki Village. The staff is great and I loved the food. I have a dairy allergy and they really did their very best to accommodate to that. Thanks for that service! Indeed it may not be the highest class hotel, but it surely is a quite place to stay, all cabins are clean, service is great, they have what you need (AC, locker, nice beds) and the Bleu Lagoon restaurant is really good. Try the fish curry!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
    2  Thank germ1010
    Reviewed July 8, 2019

We stayed for 4 nights in June 2019. The staff made this trip for us - Elaine on front desk and all the bar/wait staff at Blue Lagoon were terrific and couldn't have done more for us.

Location is great, though it was helpful to have a car to explore the island. The Blue Lagoon has great food and amazing views on to the water. It was also nice to be able to take a boat out to the other islands right from the hotel. Koru Cafe was a quick walk and fantastic food/service. The Boat Shed was also a quick walk with car/bike rentals. Food and drinks were not great at The Boat Shed.

The room was pretty basic for the price - it could do with a facelift and some more high-end finishes. My husband kept telling people we were 'glamping' because it felt like a motorhome. The important things - comfy bed, screens on all windows, AC unit and hot water were all there. And you're paying for the location, since Aitutaki has really limited accommodation choices for families.

We would definitely stay again and would recommend to family/friends.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
    5  Thank jennydP4567JX
    Reviewed June 15, 2019

Good location, clean room, which we liked, but the breakfast included was low quality and poor range, cheapest ham and cheese, fliers hoovering over the plates. comparing to the room rates NZ$350-400, the breakfast just disappointed us.
    The most annoying thing is the restaurant staff knocking every room, every afternoon, to ask if you want order a dinner from their restaurant, even though we had put the sign 'do not disturb', they still knocked doors til the guests open their doors.
    We stayed at Aitutaki and Rarotanga for a week, the impressions about the people running business on the islands, such as accommodations, restaurants, or other shops, who are trying get more money from travelers, but give less to them.

Room tip: all rooms are located together, not much differences, choose low prices.
    • Trip type: Traveled as a couple