Lol.travel
Cherbro
Wellington, New Zealand

Review of Rino's Motel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 23, 2022
For a budget motel this is great value: airport pick up, serviced apartment, great bathroom, breakfast!

While the beach does not quite match any brochure it is ok and affords a view of the reef, ships and diggers.

The motel is close ish to other restaurants and the town, the bed is comfortable and there is aircon (basic). Some lights are a bit odd.

People are friendly and helpful.
Date of stay: September 2022
  • Hotels.com
1.9 km from Rino's Motel
3.2 km from Rino's Motel
Pool
Lower Tree Hut - sleeps 3. Nice layout as kitchen is 'separated to the rear'.
  • Agoda.com
    Bungalow no.7
    • Vio.com
    2.8 km from Rino's Motel
    View more hotels in Aitutaki
    See what travelers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed June 15, 2020

I stayed at Rino’s in August, 2019. I paid one night’s reservation beforehand. At Rino’s I paid an additional $431.20. Months later, I checked my records. I had overpaid $238.83. I contacted Rino’s and provided the documentation. Jenny confirmed the overpayment and said my card would be reimbursed. It wasn’t. I have multiple emails from Rino’s promising repayment but none was ever made. Rino’s then began to ignore my requests for a status/reimbursement. When I finally sent an email, after over a month of being ignored, that I would review Rino’s, I received a prompt response from Jenny that I would be reimbursed and could I wait two weeks. I agreed. Well, its been well over two weeks with no refund and my emails are again being ignored. In addition, a woman I met on the flight over had been promised a room with an ocean view. She was given a dreary room with no view. Instead of reducing her bill for the lesser room, all they would do was give her a “free” day of scooter rental. The place itself was outdated and mediocre at best. The deck furniture had a wasp’s nest and I was stung twice before I found it and had it sprayed.

Date of stay: August 2019
    2  Thank Richard G
    Reviewed November 10, 2019

From the moment we got off the plane and were greeted by Nga with gorgeous, fragrant flower lei we knew we were somewhere special. By staying at Rino's, a mid range water front motel with rental scooter/car facilities we got far more than we expected from our visit to Aitutaki. Rino's far exceeded our expectations.

The staff are just amazingly warm and welcoming people, more than happy to cater to our needs, interests and changes we had to make to our initial plan. They are an endless pit of island information, humor and love, and really helped make our stay. The room service was wonderful and thorough without being intrusive and the breakfast were TO DIE FOR! I can truely say I have been ruined for any otherl types of fresh juice after having the wonderful fresh full flavoured offering with our breakfast every morning!

Unfortunately we didnt get to meet Rino, after being told so many good things about him and his knowledge, but we missed out on nothing - all the other women (and odd men lol) of Rino's told us everything we needed to know.

I am already planning a return trip and cant imagine considering anywhere else to stay but Rino's.

Room tip: Best most welcoming place on the island, value for money like none other
    Date of stay: November 2019
    Reviewed October 18, 2019

Had a fantastic stay here for 5nights with my wife and our 2 young daughters (4 & 6yo). The Bungalows are clean and fresh. Just what we needed. Close to everything, takeaways, food stores all in walking distance.
    Perfect place for families with children, as the beach there is safe.
    The staff are awesome and make a mean tropical breakfast. Rino’s have rental vehicles as well. But get in early to book one

Date of stay: October 2019
    1  Thank MarioCaffery
    Reviewed June 26, 2019 via mobile

We had such a wonderful vacation! Rino’s was just perfect! The location is amazing and the newly renovated cottage was spotless. The bed was very comfortable, the room very spacious and the bathroom clean and modern. We had hot water 24 hours a day. The sunsets were just crazy beautiful from the terrace.
    We also rented bikes and a scooter from Papa Rino - he’s the sweetest person you’ll ever meet. He personally picked us up and dropped us off at the airport (at 87!). The breakfast is good with lots of tropical fruits.
    Last but not least, if you’d like to kiteboard (or learn), get in touch with Mike Lee (Kiteboard Aitutaki).
    Welcome to Paradise! We’ll surely come back!

Date of stay: June 2019
    Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    1  Thank Gabriel S
    Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

Me and a friend were picked up by Rino himself from the airport. We had our hire car there ready for use and were greeted kindly by him and Jennifer (the lady who cooks brekky each day).
    The brekfast was ready for both of us and OMG it was amazing! Fresh fruits and good coffee.
    We were there both shown our room that leads out to the beach, and it exceeded our expectations, especially for the price. It's very affordable.
    We enjoyed our stay because the staff were so welcoming, I have no idea why there a 3 bad reviews when we couldn't find any fault in the accomdation, as well as other guests who were staying there.

Thank you papa rino and staff for everything! We will be back

Love always