Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews every morning we loved our stay laid back beautiful spot maine cereal scooter accommodation deck paradise island lagoon huts units supplies tours bugs
Selected filters
Reviewed January 27, 2022

Located on a lovely part of the beach, these bungalows give you a view everyday to breath in & be grateful for. The deck was my fav spot.

The space is simple but clean, and regularly refreshed. Breakfast is basic but generous - cereal, milk, juice, toast, butter & jams, oodles of fruit - enough for days. Kitchen had limited gear but it was fun to go to hardware store to buy a board and sharp knife.

Snorkeling is average (compared to Aroa beach Rarotonga). Unable to compare locally as no lagoon trips due to tropical cyclone. Staff could not be more helpful during the storms checking in and supplying towels for under doors.

Wider perspective - you can spend a small fortune on accom here on Aitutaki. If you want a place that is cheap but has friendly staff happy to organise anything for you vs. renting a holiday home, this is real value for money.

Free airport transfers a real bonus - even on a Sunday. Oh and I loved that they took me to the supermarket on arrival to get some supplies.

If you go past unit 1 on the beach and the row of palms in front of the property next door, walk out to the water & there is a fabulously deep spot with no coral close to the shore.

Everyone was friendly here and always smiling. A big thank you to Maine. Comms, payments all went smoothly.

My tip is spend money on car hire (esp. during cyclone season) & cover the island, have experiences. This place not for those who seek hotel/ resort level comfort.

Room tip: Ask to be two units away from others if possible who lack awareness talking loudly on their deck.
Date of stay: January 2022
1  Thank ZenShell
Reviewed June 22, 2020

Went there the 3rd time with my family last year. I wont go back again. They do not spend any money on the accommodation. The attitude is awful and the locals are telling the tourists they do not want them there although they are happy to take their money. I will not go back again. There many many beautiful tropical islands from NZ to visit so please do your homework before you travel. Their pricing includes breakfast which is very average, the beds are so bad, unbelievable. I hired scooters though their office, which we ended up paying 2 or 3 times more then first told. Very disappointing.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Nandor123456789
Reviewed May 12, 2020

I booked this property through booking.com for a trip in April. They took full payment for the booking before the agreed time on booking.com. I then cancelled the booking within the free cancellation period . However the property never refunded my money. They've ignored all my emails and phone calls to date.

Date of stay: March 2020
4  Thank WobbleTooth
Reviewed March 26, 2020

I emailed Paradise Cove on 11 March, that they had charged my credit card on 05 March, without my authority . I had made the reservation thru Booking.com and the booking terms was that the full payment was due on 22 APR.
Paradise Cove advised they accidentally charged my card for the full stay of 3nts. Kept chasing them via emails and they advised that they were sorry and "we have till the 23rd March for us to return the full funds."
After this, I since cancelled my booking.

It is now 26 March, some 21 days after Paradise Cove without my authority charged my card. I still have no refund back ! I have not received a response from my recent emails.

Date of stay: March 2020
3  Thank Cadbury007
Reviewed March 10, 2020

First, it wasn't a cove as I would define a cove. Just a long white sand beach in each direction. The staff was friendly and helpful. The huts on the beach are about the size of a cruise ship cabin, up on stilts, with a minimalist kitchen thrown in. Tight to say the least. The kitchen was sparingly equipped, 2 of everything, 2 forks, 2 plates, 2 knives, etc. One pot, one pan. Cooking was a challenge. Guess that is part of the adventure of going to far away places.
The reef is about ¾ mile out off the deck of the hut. Watching and listening to the roar of the pounding surf was very relaxing.
The 2nd evening, when we went to take a shower there was no hot water. Burrr. We were on the edge of a cyclone, the wind was so strong it kept blowing out the the flame in the tankless water heater.
We rented a car directly from Paradise Cove. They also had scooters for hire. This was great no pages of paper work. No hassle of the pickup and return.
Breakfast was included, delivered to your door each morning, fresh picked fruit, tree ripened straight to your plate. So good.
The grounds were well maintained. Each morning someone was out raking leaves and debris from the day before.
Grocery shopping was a challenge with only one big store that didn't have a good selection. Minimal vegetables and no fruit. Took a couple days, we found a few stores in the outback that had stuff we couldn't find at the big store. Aitutaki is a small island with everything located on the western side, eastern side was the picturesque lagoon side, with hardly anything along that side.

Date of stay: February 2020