All reviews jean luc small business individual bungalows public beach room fridge small pool every morning french polynesia per day our honeymoon hosts scooter airport property taxis island deck
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely little beach lodge. Adorable rooms, right on a small beach with a small pool. The owner, Jean Luc, was so welcoming when we arrived.

As the hotel is off the main road (accessible by car on a dirt beach road), we wanted to rent a car to explore. Jean Luc called Avis and had them pick us up so we could rent a car. He also has scooters available for rental.

Breakfast we delicious. He also cooks dinner each night (we never ate it, but if it was anything like breakfast, I’m sure it was great!!).

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Gaby H
jlisag, Responsable réception at Green Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear Gaby,
Thank you for your comment!
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Green Lodge
Do not hesitate to come back !
Best regards,
Sandy

Reviewed 26 June 2018

My partner and I came to the GREEN LODGE after a week in another lodge and the first impression was good, most attractive done out in a Balinese style as portrayed in the advertising.
Next day reality set in when we wanted to swim in the sea. The beach at the bottom of the garden is narrow,sloping broken sharp coral, need beach shoes and the reef comes up to the shore so one cannot swim. The nearest swimming beach is a hot one km walk over a rough earth road running along side the airport adjacent to the lodge. If you dont have transport you are stuck. Car hire was approximately $100.00 + a day.
If there is no dinner being cooked that night one is a long way away from alternate restaurants and a $35 trip to get a taxi there. On awakening after our third night, we discovered that our room had been broken into and we had been robbed. When i went to the office to report the incident, the owner showed very little interest and even less concern. ( Never found him warm and friendly.) On our 5th and last day I went up to the office to say that this was the second day that we had no hot water and I was met with an abusive tirade from the owner. At one stage I was quite frightened as I thought he was going to punch me (I'm in my early seventies). Did not expect this kind of behavior when we were paying $450.00 a night. Could not wait to leave and it certainly put a dampener on our island holiday compared to the delightful people we had interacted with during our previous 2 weeks on Moorea.

Room Tip: Not near beach ,no security, we got robbed.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Brianduv
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

I usualy don’t give feedbacks but i must say this is one of the best places were we have ever been. Isabelle and Jean Luc, the owners are very very friendly, the place is cosy, small, clean and intimate. The food was great and the cocktails were just WOW! If you want to experience the traditional side of the French Polynesia this is the place to go.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Valentin C
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Recently I spent a few days on Moorea. The first couple nights at the Sofitel, the next couple with Isabella and Jean-luc at the Green Lodge. Immediately upon arrival Isabella was warm, welcoming and hospitable. She was informative answering any and all my questions about the property and about activities to do on the island. My room, a sweet bungalow just off the pool and only a few meters from the ocean was cozy and inviting- the perfect place to sit on my deck get some writing done and relax. After staying at a large resort, the Green Lodge was a perfect retreat. It leans itself to gentle mornings that turn into afternoons filled with daydreams. Also notable, the dinners are extremely well prepared. Do yourself a favor and have dinner at the Lodge when staying. Its fine dining in a unique environment. Finally, I must mention Isabella and Jean-Luc's generosity and care-taking spirit. After checking out of the Green Lodge and traveling back to Tahiti, I realized I left my camera battery behind. Within 24 hours they found it, had it transported and delivered to me. What incredible service! Hopefully soon I'll return again for another visit!!

Room Tip: Quiet Beach Retreat
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Ryan Y
jlisag, Responsable relations clients at Green Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hi Ryan,
Looking forward to seeing you again,
Best regards,
Pauline,

Reviewed 19 March 2018

The Pros:
Breakfast by the pool was delicious every morning and the beach is gorgeous. Isabelle is also very welcoming and will help you with any questions you have. The shampoo/body wash in the room smells amazing and the towels are so soft and luxurious. There's also a refrigerator in the room where you can leave your bottle water and such.

Cons: We stayed in the 'sea view' room. This room is not much of any sea view but rather a glimpse of the ocean on a deck full of mosquitoes. Also, you will hear the TV from downstairs until about 10:30p-11P. The AC barely cools down the room until it's left on for about 45 mins to an hour.

The dogs while are very charming and sweet will bark at all hours of the night which was not good for my poor husband that's a light sleeper.

On the one day, I decided to stay in the room/lodge while my husband went on a deep sea fishing excursion, they decided they wanted to work on the deck. Imagine sitting in bed reading a book and a worker walking in your room and into the deck several times while you're just trying to relax. Very unpleasant and unprofessional.

While I love supporting small business, the feel here was just too much for me. It felt like the owners were just always too close by which can be uncomfortable. On one occasion as we were leaving the room, the male owner (forgot his name) pretty much chased my husband down as we were leaving and goes "Are you leaving right now? You need to turn off the AC" Don't get me wrong, I'm all about conserving energy in more ways than just monetary (I also made sure we did turn it off except for this one occasion) but when you are on your honeymoon and vacation, this is not what you want to deal with especially when you add it to everything else.

I would not recommend this place to someone that just wants to relax and not be bothered. I wouldn't say this place is for 'honeymooners' either. MAYBE if you stayed in the beach bungalows? but definitely not the room we had, way too noisy, too many mosquitoes, workers working on property and even in your room while relaxing, owners always in sight, and barking dogs at night. Way too much to just say 'forget it, it's not THAT bad!'

TIP: make sure you have a mode of transportation, we definitely need a scooter during our stay here. You can rent one for about $50 USD per day.

Room Tip: Definitely rent a scooter, I would also get a beach front bungalow if you could
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple