1,102 results
All reviews costa rica hot tub tile floors recommend hotel small pool hotel owner old mansion within easy walking distance an oasis ceiling fan few blocks central market heart of san jose free breakfast charming hotel felt very safe jade museum
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with a very friendly staff. Great price for the value. Online pictures are accurate. The food was also very good. There are multiple places close to the hotel to eat that are reasonably priced and have friendly staffs. I will stay here again!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AdvisorHST, Owner at Hotel Santo Tomas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Hola Cstump, That is great: you said the pictures are accurate, that is so important. You were also very smart by booking on the hotels website for the best price, availability and service. Wonderful having you stay and I look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Although we only stayed one night, Hotel Santo Tomas was a great place to land in San Jose. Omar received us with such warmth and kindness. He made us feel comfortable and at home. Our room was large, clean and very charming with high ceilings and great character. The outdoor space (pool, jacuzzi, patio) was a welcome escape in the middle of a bustling and rough city. The location is great for getting to the center of San Jose (museums, restaurants etc.). We had booked another hotel at the other end of our trip and wished we had returned to Hotel Santo Tomas.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank MSTraveller85
AdvisorHST, Owner at Hotel Santo Tomas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Hola MSTraveler, Omar is an important part of our staff and has been with us for years. I will make sure he sees your wonderful comments , I thank you for that. Almost all of my staff have been with me for many years: up to 18 of the 27 years the hotel has been open. Yes, our location is just right for doing the sights and as you stated beginning and ending your vacation for the shorter stays. I do have many clients that have a longer vacation stay with us 3 and 4 times during their travels. We have free baggage storage and quick laundry turn around service. The original home was built in 1908 had has 15 foot tall ceilings ! Really creates those nice Costa Rica vacations memories. Thank you so much for a most outstanding review and score !

Reviewed 30 July 2016

What makes this hotel is the owner and his staff. Not only friendly but would go out of there way to be helpful. It is quaint, but if you like walking this is the place to be close to about everything.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Don M
AdvisorHST, Owner at Hotel Santo Tomas, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2016

Hi Don, Yes, our location is really quite good. We are only four blocks from Central Avenue and all of the sights and attractions, are an easy walk. This allows one to go out spend some time return , take a nice hot Jacuzzi and then go out again several times with in the day. The day tours also pickup and drop off right at the hotels front door, as well as being only a few blocks away from the main bus terminals for many pars of the country. Great having you stay and thank you for the fine review
Safe Travels

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

We spent our first night in Costa Rica at Hotel Santo Tomas. The staff is friendly and helpful. When we were getting ready to leave for La Fortunate, the owner gave us many helpful tips and tricks on how to get there, what to do, and where to eat. We will be staying here again on our last night in CR and are looking forward to our return

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ShannonH2512
AdvisorHST, Owner at Hotel Santo Tomas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

Hi Shannon, so happy I was able to meet you and family before your departure. Most mornings I am there early to meet and greet our clients in the breakfast area. Everyone has an interesting story and I love to hear them. I always enjoy speaking to the children, they really do come out with some pretty funny stuff. I love it when they rat out their parents ! Gotta love this job.
Looking forward to seeing you on your return and hearing about your adventures.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

I stay here every time I am I San Jose. Downtown is close and the staff is very helpful,. They do not allow prostitutes. The pool, restaurant and yard are quit for downtown. I love this Hotel which is owned by an American who is married to a Tico wife

Room tip: Down stairs with exterior hallway entrance
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
AdvisorHST, Owner at Hotel Santo Tomas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Hi egil7erik, Thank you so much for being a repeat client and for your fine review! After 27 years being open , I am happy to say we have lots and lots of return clients.
Looking forward to your return again in the future.