Lowest prices for your stay
₱7,438
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
yuttay
Charlotte, North Carolina

Way overpriced for the condition and amenities. Look elsewhere.

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks ago
This hotel has changed to become the Blue Miramar hotel, but fails to inform guests. Further, the hotel is apparently undergoing some mild refreshening, but it it FAR from complete. Our "premium" room in the form of a "Penthouse" was not updated, had fixtures falling from the walls, had air conditioning that barely functioned, and was generally in poor condition.

Absolutely cannot recommend this hotel as they are not transparent about who they are or what kind of room you are going to get, even when you put down an unreasonably high price for a hotel in this condition.

The two stars given are for the views, which are excellent, and the staff, which is as good as they can be given the accommodations that they are compelled to put you in.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Pool is very small for the size of the hotel and the pool is in utter disrepair with tiles...
1.0 of 5 bubblesValue
1.0 km from Hotel Oceans Two Manuel Antonio
0.2 km from Hotel Oceans Two Manuel Antonio
View more hotels in Manuel Antonio
1,581 results
All reviews pool bar costa rica presidential suite boutique hotel breakfast was included the main road incredible views the entire staff biesanz beach steep hill ocean view manuel monkeys roy beaches driveway tours
Selected filters
Reviewed February 21, 2024 via mobile

WARNING!!!!! If you are a planner, DO NOT book this place on booking.com! I am a mega planner! This was a special birthday trip for myself with my family and two kids. I made the reservations in September for February. And they were sketchy to begin with. They said they needed me to input my credit card again . It was successful 6 months earlier. So a credit card that has no reason it wouldn’t work! I received a message that the credit card was updated successfully and the hotel cancelled on me two days before my reservation! Not worth the hassle. They were difficult to reach but even more difficult when I have limited internet access in Costa Rica! They also made me hate booking.com. They blamed Booking.com but I’m pretty sure that’s a farce. Ruined two perfectly good vacation days trying to figure out how to get a room. They said they would find me a comparable place. If it’s true, I will revise this review, if not, I’ll come back again and also message booking.com when I get home to figure out who the actual service responsible is. And update you. In the meantime, do NOT book this place. Absolutely NOT!
Super shady!!! Don’t ruin your vacation. It’s the opposite of Pura Vida and in fact is ruining my Costa Rica experience.

Room tip: Avoid! Do not book if you’re a planner or don’t want to get screwed. If anyone had warned on these reviews, I certainly would NOT reserve
Date of stay: February 2024
Reviewed January 15, 2024 via mobile

Wonderful views from our room balconies, but even more fun to still around the swim up bar and look out over the Manuel Antonio bay. Just wonderful views from the pool area , down the mountain side to the water 1/2 mile below. It’s an easy taxi ride to where ever you want to go, On-site food was good enough to keep us on property, we could easily have gone elsewhere but the experience of eating onsite and the views off the dining area kept us eating in 3/4 of the time, kitchen staff was great , we had a tree nut allergy person and didn’t have any issues , after having the chance to see a number of other properties during our visit, some were more upscale and fancy , but they lacked the everywhere views of the water at Oceans Two We will be back !

Room tip: Travel into quepos and purchase a custom made bathing suit from the ummara swimwear, They are great and locally produced.
Date of stay: July 2023
1  Thank FAMILYW2KIDS
Reviewed December 11, 2023 via mobile

The staff made this place a 5/5! I can’t say enough about their attention and kindness our entire trip. Roy was such a joy to talk to around the pool.

We arrived a day late due to delayed flights and were greeted early in the morning with our room ready and even upgraded! We appreciate everything the front desk provided for us, they helped us with everything and anything we needed.

Thank you!

Room tip: The public beach is awesome just a bit of a walk!
Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2023

We stayed in Oceans Two for 12 nights after getting a good rate through the Expedia website. The hotel describes itself as a “Boutique Hotel” with a four star rating and in my opinion both the description and rating is misleading. However let's start with the positives; the hotel is well situated overlooking Manuel Antonio National Park with fantastic views, especially from its sky terrace.
It is fairly easy to get to the beautiful Biesanz Beach via the path in the grounds of the sister hotel “Shana by the Beach”. Shana’s path is less steep and slippery than the public path and Oceans Two will take you to the top of the path in a golf cart if you request it.
There are also a number of good restaurants within walking distance of Oceans Two, but be aware Manuel Antonio is very hilly and the road up the hill to the restaurants is very steep! Also be sure to carry a torch/flashlight if walking the road at night so you can be seen by the drivers of vehicles using the road (there are no pavements/sidewalks). Another positive of the hotel is the friendly staff, especially Ada and Jorge and nothing was too much trouble for them.

So why do I say the hotel doesn’t deserve its boutique/four star rating? The hotel décor is dated and tired, the reception is dark with a mish mash of furniture, art and strange slogans. The pool is small and the pool toilets were closed. The lovely sky terrace has tables, chairs and sunbeds, but absolutely no shade!

Our “Superior Room” was comfortable enough, but the bathroom was in need of redecoration, had a cheap plastic toilet seat, the shower was not of the quality you’d expect and the hot water failed on at least four occasions during our visit, the keycard system rejected one of our two keys at some point every single day of our stay requiring a trip to reception the have them reprogrammed.
The room lacked sufficient storage, with nowhere to stow suitcases. The leather couch was old and really uncomfortable and the TV/entertainment system difficult to operate. The air conditioning worked well, the room had a decent sized fridge and a mini kitchenette, which a small coffee machine, but their were no free coffee pods so each coffee was charged at $2.

The room has a decent sized balcony with a polycarbonate roof and two table and chairs. The roof had been repaired in one place, but with corrugated iron, which again is not in keeping with a four star hotel. They are building two luxury villas opposite the hotel, whilst I realise the hotel has no control over this it does spoil the view a bit and reduced privacy on the balcony and probably reduced the amount of wildlife around, although we did see plenty.

My main criticism of the hotel is that it currently has no open restaurant or bar. You could order food from Shana by the Beach and have it brought up in a golf cart and Breakfast was taken at Shana each morning. The pool bar was supposedly open but we never saw it attended. Our friend Jorge got the key to the bar on one occasion and served us some beers.
The hotel has enormous potential and it is evident they are currently undertaking refurbishment work, including remodelling the restaurant, but I do feel that if facilities advertised on the hotel website are closed then guests should be informed when booking.
All this said we had a fantastic holiday in Manuel Antonio. The beauty of the view and of nearby Biesanz Beach, the wildlife, the nice warm sunny weather and the friendliness of the staff made our stay extremely enjoyable.

Room tip: Check before booking whether all the advertised facilities are open
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2023 via mobile

Fabulous place! Nice rooms with a view. Swim up pool bar was great!
The breakfast was delicious. The staff were top notch. They went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful. The location is also very good, many restaurants near by. Also, close to the park & beach.

Date of stay: October 2023