Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Joka74
PA

A fantastic experience

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Oct 6, 2007
I can't speak for others but for us this was our favorite place of the three we stayed while in Costa Rica. It is built into the side of a small mountain overlooking the ocean. Great views, great rooms and phenomenal service during our stay. The breakfast was the best of any hotel we stayed in and although we weren't thrilled with our meal selections the first night for dinner, we gave it another shot the last night we were there and it was a completely different experience. The pool area was small and intimate and with a swim up bar, a great place to relax at the end of the day. They helped arrange our tours and we ended up with a very entertaining guide for our walk through the rainforest (ask for Henry). A free shuttle takes you on the very short ride to the rainforest entrance/beaches or you can take a short 10 minute walk to a more secluded beach. When it rained at night we sat on our balcony and felt like we were far from civilization. All the usual wildlife can be found here as well and monkeys are frequent guests at breakfast. I'm sure there are other great hotels in the area but I will absolutely be back to Manuel Antonio and can't see why I would stay anywhere else.
Date of stay: August 2007
Trip type: Traveled with friends
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesCheck in / front desk
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
3.0 of 5 bubblesBusiness service (e.g., internet access)
₱11,400
    ₱35,805
0.5 km from Hotel Oceans Two Manuel Antonio
View more hotels in Manuel Antonio
1,581 results
All reviews pool bar costa rica presidential suite boutique hotel breakfast was included the main road incredible views the entire staff biesanz beach steep hill ocean view manuel monkeys roy beaches driveway tours
Selected filters
Reviewed October 6, 2007

From the time we arrived we were showered with personal attention. This trip was for our 21st wedding anniversary and it felt like it was as important an event for the staff is it was for us.

Damien, Larissa, and Marco were amazing at the front desk. They were simply awesome!. We have been to MANY 4 star hotels, and have never received anywhere near the personal service we received at La Mansion Inn.

Rosalie is the best reservations manager on the planet. Both John and Pablo bent over backwards to assist us in anything we needed. I can't stress this enough... anything.

I am a pretty demanding person, and at no time did they make me feel like I was being rude or asking for too much. Their attitude is "it's your vacation, so it's all about you". Oddly enough, I agree with that! :-)

Please do yourself a favor, plan a trip to Manuel Antonio, but more importantly plan a trip to stay at this AWESOME hotel.

Reviewed September 23, 2007

We just got back from our honeymoon which included 3 nights at La Mansion Inn. I can't say enough how every single person who works at this hotel goes above and beyond to accomodate your every need. Larissa (sorry if this is mispelled) at the front dest is charming and friendly and made sure to ask us time and time again how our room was, if we needed anything, etc.
The hotel is charming as well, definitely has more of an american/european feel to it. The restaurant has great food although dinner is a little overpriced. However, breakfast is included and is INCREDIBLE. The freshest eggs I have ever tasted. Delicious plaintains. They made us mimosas on our first day. The views are breathtaking - from our room and especially from the pool. The pool area in general also made the hotel as incredible as it was - including a swim up bar, waterfall, and hidden jacuzzi. We loved talking to the staff, especially our shuttle driver Pablo - very helpful with recommending tours and restaurants. Our favorite tour was the Mangrove tour with Orlando as our guide - we had monkeys eating out of our hands, and learned so much about the animals, land, vegetation, and climate of Costa Rica. This hotel doesn't allow kids under 12 which was a big selling point for us. We met a lot of nice people and even had dinner with a couple we met during a complimentary champagne happy hour for new guests. I did alot of research for this trip and we are so pleased with the outcome!!!!!! PS - this time of year is so humid. I didn't realize it and was literally drenched in sweat most of the day...just a little tidbit I hadn't realized in planning,

3  Thank jen4774
Reviewed September 18, 2007

Wonderful Hotel! My boyfriend and I celebrated my 30th birthday at La Mansion Inn. What a great botique hotel! On our trip of 9 days to Costa Rica we stayed in 4 different hotels during our travels and La Mansion Inn was the best! What friendly staff from our first greeting to departure. The staff knew it was my birthday and sent a fresh fruit tray to our deluxe room that had an ocean view. We had dinner downstairs on the outside deck and the waiters brought out a cheesecake slice with a birthday candle and really made my 30th feel special. We ate breakfast both in the dining room complete with mimosas and the following day in our suite which was so nice. The cave bar is a must. Very cool enviroment with great company. The rooms were spacious, beautiful water views, great decor, nice HOT water... which is not common in all Costa Rica hotels, hair dryers ladies, in room safe, plus the little things like great smelling toiletries, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap. Ladies, I am prissy and this hotel is a must. Please remember Costa Rica is an adventure, lots of dirt roads and winding mountains to travel but a great place to vacation. My boyfriend is fluent in Spanish which helps plus visits several times a year for business. This trip to Costa Rica was my 2nd and I look forward to visiting the country many more times in the future. Folks, Manuel Antonio is my favorite destination in Costa Rica. The park has the BEST beach. Say no thanks to the public one and pay for the park entrance plus I guarantee you will see several monkeys through the trails. I can't wait to visit La Mansion Inn again!

2  Thank DT123SP123
Reviewed September 18, 2007

My wife and I spent a week at La Mansion Inn in May for our Honeymoon. We were welcomed upon our arrival with a plate of fresh fruit and champagne. The staff member that brought the plate to our room was extremely helpful in answering our numerous questions on the hotel and the surrounding area.

The hotel has their own guide for the nearby park. He has an amazing ability to pick out all sorts of wildlife up in the trees. We highly recommend taking this tour. After the tour we decided to stay at the park and take advantage of a nice beach day.

The staff can also arrange most, if not all, of the trips and tours. They have a helpful binder at the front desk with brochures from most of the tours. Options include white water rafting (recommend), canopy tours (recommend), and ocean kayaking (recommend).

The food on the dining patio is very good. We had the honeymoon package, so the food was included. If we were paying by the meal, we would have ventured out a bit more than we did. There are some restaurants along the main road and at the nearby hotels. We only tried two others, both very good.

The only down side to La Mansion Inn is not the hotel itself, but the area around it. Many new establishments are being built along the side road that leads to La Mansion and also the main road from Quepos. Fueling this building boom is, sadly, us tourists. One of the staff members said that the owner and the owners of other hotels in the area are trying to prevent new buildings, which is a good thing. The beauty of the area would be changed for the worse.

The owner is very nice and goes out of his way to make sure things are right. We received a warm welcome/congratulatory letter upon our arrival and a letter back home thanking us for our stay. You can see a commitment from the owner and his staff to make sure La Mansion Inn is a first-class place. La Mansion Inn does an excellent job at doing that.

Date of stay: May 2007
1  Thank Bayrunner77
Reviewed August 28, 2007

We stayed here for one night in July - not really long enough to do all we wanted to do, since it started raining shortly after we arrived and rained again the next morning. Our bad. It was out first trip to Costa Rica and we were trying to get an overview of the country. The road to Manual Antonio from Jaco is something else. What could be a relatively short drive isn't because of a couple of one lane bridges where one has to wait up to a half hour to cross, if traversing it mid day, which is what we did. The hotel is a sweet little oasis hovering on a bluff over the beach. My boyfriend didn't enjoy the steep and deeply rutted road down to the hotel entrance, and I might mention that we drove past the hotel's sign on the road three times before we found it. (a bit obscured by the trees). Our first disappointment was the two hours it took to get lunch at the hotel restaurant. Our second disappointment was our room which was small and moldy smelling. Beyond that, we enjoyed the smallish hotel pool and the lovely and informative bartender, the dinner was excellent, and we had the most incredible massages either of us have ever had by two massage therapists who came to our room that evening. They were arranged by the hotel and I can't say enough great things about them. (Will try to find their card and insert here later) The next morning, we couldn't wait to leave and it wasn't until check-out that we were told that breakfast was included. By that time, we were in "let's get out of here" mode and skipped the breakfast entirely. We were drawn to this hotel by others' reviews of it but I think there are other better choices in the area.

Date of stay: July 2007
10  Thank Rannynm
harrybodaan, owner at Hotel Oceans Two Manuel Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2007

I am sorry for the slow service and wished some one had brought this to my attention or one of our supervisory staff. We have ways of dealing with complaints immediately which is also noted in our Welcome Letter. "Please let us know immediately and do not wait until check-out!". It is the rainy season and sometimes is smells "damp". However I assure you it is not mold. Again, I wished you would have let us change the room, at least.
May I also offer you a free night on the house and a free lunch to correct whatever was wrong. This is how I make a living and I want everyone to leave content or at least let "me pay for my mistakes".

Harry Bodaan