2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$117
Hotels.com$117
Priceline$117
Travelocity$117
Vio.com$116
ZenHotels.com$120
1,254 results
All reviews swim up bar costa rica great pool water pressure small pool pura vida fresh fruit rent bikes punta uva bungalow sloths town jungle jacuzzi frogs trees wildlife
Selected filters
Reviewed February 27, 2022

Lovely little compound. Restaurant is very good. One large pool, two smaller pools. Did not utilize yoga or spa.
Pros: beautiful beach view, nice pools, pretty gardens, close to eateries, surf school across the street
Cons: not a swimming beach, need a bike to get to town (they hav them there)

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
Felipe Meyer, Propietario at Cariblue Beach & Jungle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2022

Thank you very much for your comment. We are glad to know that your stay was perfect! Our goal is to achieve the maximum satisfaction of our guests and comments like yours make us think we are on the right track. We hope you visit us again in Cariblue beach and jungle resort. We will be waiting for you!

Reviewed February 2, 2022

This is going to be a long review! TLDR: This place is magical. You need to go here!

The location is perfect! It is far enough away from the extremely busy area of Puerto Viejo which makes it so much more calm. But right X the crazy street from the beach! However, I loved being in the pool at Cariblue more than at the beach. It was so comfortable in every way! Easy to get a drink, get food, get refreshed, see monkeys and sloths! I could have stayed there all day long but felt compelled to go to the beach!

It felt a lot like community at the pool, and also in the beautiful dining area. I don't know if that is what you are going for, but for me it is a plus. It felt like a nice fancy place, but with a really warm atmosphere that permeated through your staff as well. I also think that there is a nice, hip vibe at the Cariblue, and not sort of stuffy like other resorts I have stayed at.

The staff was so unbelievably helpful and kind. They helped me with my sim card, they were always helpful and available. The wait staff as well. That breakfast was amazing. The best by far, of any other place that I had breakfast included.

I liked our room. It was comfortable and quiet. I think the only thing I would've liked would have been our own private hammock. But you cannot have everything.

The grounds were absolutely lovely, and well taken care of. One can tell that people take pride in this establishment and want the people who stay here feel intrigued, and welcomed. I love how far back from the road most everything was b/c that road is really busy. But you don't feel that when you are in the resort area.

Would I stay here again? Heck Yes!! In fact, we tried to stay longer! We somehow managed to get a super great deal. And when we tried to add two more nights, we couldn't find anything comparable to the price that we paid.

Room tip: Get lucky and get a great price. Prices really vary
Date of stay: January 2022

Thank you very much for your comment, there is nothing that gives us more satisfaction than reading comments like yours. All our effort is in the satisfaction of our guests. I hope you will be back soon; we will be waiting for you.

Reviewed January 19, 2022 via mobile

Beautiful location in the jungle with clean rooms and nice pools. There is a nice diverse breakfast buffet included with vegetarian options. Lots of covid precautions and everyone masked. Very friendly staff and helpful staff. There is an option for stand alone bungalows. We opted for a large room for our family of 4 that had plenty of space (rm 2).

Room tip: Rooms aren’t sound proof but guests seemed respectful.
Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about Cariblue beach and jungle resort! We are definitely a place out of the ordinary with unique experiences! pura vida!

Reviewed December 20, 2021 via mobile

This is a beautiful resort; we stayed in one of the bungalows (41) and it was very comfortable and close to the pool. The premises are beautiful full of rainforest plants and animals. We saw toucans, frogs and a cute sloth.

My only complaint would be the staff… specifically the morning female staff. They definitely need some more training. I don’t know if it was because we are locals or they just didn’t want to be bothered… like we were forcing them to work. In one instance they refused to serve us breakfast because we forgot our face masks, but then you see them with their mask under their noses or completely off. “Rules for thee but not for me”. Shout out to Joseph who was kind enough to serve us breakfast after being told not to by one of his coworker. He made us feel welcomed both times we had breakfast there. Thanks so much for your customer service!

The band they had playing live music was a nice touch, food was alright.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Felipe Meyer, Dueño at Cariblue Beach & Jungle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2022

Dear Guest,

We are sad to know you felt that way in the breakfast and we will make sure this doesn't happen again. We understand is annoying to use a facemask but sadly we are force to make our guest use them on the buffet due to covid. Off course the staff must wear it all the time.

Cariblue beach and jungle resort

Reviewed November 25, 2021 via mobile

Lush jungle setting. Close to magnificent beach. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very, very good food (the Cocles Burger ). Good mixologist. Clean, restive cabinas. 5 minute Tuktuk ride to Puerto Viejo. We will definitely stay again.

Date of stay: November 2021