Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Team Sutphin

Loving this place!!!!!!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 9, 2024
NAMU was AMAZING!!!
Douglas and his awesome staff run a magnificent hotel. Steven was great, JoseMar was super, Motorbike mama was sweet and attentive, housekeeping supervisor was very friendly, and she helped me with my Spanish. I wish I could name everyone; but they ALL were uber wonderful.
The rooms are clean and comfortable. We stayed in a bungalow with a private pool, and the pool was really nice and relaxing. The grounds are beautifully kept. Every meal that came out of the restaurant was filling and delicious. The resident sloth was so cute and welcoming.
We only had two minor issues with this hotel…
1- please provide more hangars in the rooms.
2- the two birds that felt it was necessary to do a duet every morning at 0500, should be evicted from the grounds (🤨😂)
NAMU, thank you for a wonderful stay and we will be back soon!!
Date of stay: May 2024
6.2 km from Namu Hotel Garden Spa
₱6,309
3.6 km from Namu Hotel Garden Spa
View more hotels in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 17, 2024 via mobile

From the moment we arrived we knew we were in for a treat. The surroundings are beautiful and welcome warm. We were quickly booked into our rooms (bungalows) and within no time had settled in. All of the staff were there if we needed and always happy to offer advice.
We ate at the hotel and found the prices to be equal to those we found in town and the quality of food was very high. Breakfasts were fantastic. All of the staff we so nice and friendly.
We loved our stay here and would return in a heartbeat.

Room tip: Parking is perfectly placed and secure.
Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2024

I had a very similar experience to another person that has posted. I also booked direct and the hotel charged me four times for the same booking for me and my wife’s honeymoon, it wasn’t until after we stayed and spoke to the manager direct that they processed our refund (three weeks after we had left). The communication from the management is awful and when we were eventually refunded they charged us a 7% admin fee on each refund. This combined equated to hundreds of pounds that to date they have still not reimbursed me for even though it was their mistake! Countless emails, no response! There are better hotels out there that treat customers with more respect and don’t rip them off!

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard F
Reviewed February 18, 2024

I strongly advise against staying at this hotel! I have had a very bad experience and I can share that it is a scam. I made a reservation directly through the hotel website, confirmed the payment by credit card, but never received a booking confirmation. Of course, I immediately contacted the hotel by email with the request to confirm my booking and documented my payment with a screenshot of the credit card charge. I was told several times by the hotel that there was no reservation in my name and that no payment had been received. For this reason, I requested the reversal of the payment through my credit card company, as this payment was apparently not visible at the hotel. This was also done. Then I booked my stay in this hotel again. This time everything worked perfectly. After my stay at the Namu Hotel, my credit card company contacted me and informed me that the Namu Hotel had not approved the refund I had already received and debited the entire amount from my credit card again. After that, I tried to get in touch with the hotel manager, Mr. Douglas Vasquez Gonzales, and explained the whole matter in detail and presented it with screenshots. I paid for my stay, but I don't see why I was charged twice. Now, Namu Hotel is blocking the proper repayment of the amount, although it was previously claimed that the hotel never received this payment. Unfortunately, Mr. Gonzales did not respond to any of my mails. Thus, in this case, I have to assume a deliberate fraud!

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Happiness06849365174
Reviewed January 16, 2024 via mobile

HORRIBLE HOTEL AND MANAGEMENT
Do not stay here!!! If if could rate this hotel 0 stars I would. Very unprofessional and rude. They only care about your money. They will not respond to you. They lie and promise to resolve the issue and they never do. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this rude, very poor service.

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 777AnnaB
Reviewed December 28, 2023

Namu Hotel Garden Spa provides a luxury resort experience in the heart of Puerto Viejo. Built in July 2023, the hotel is a new and undiscovered slice of paradise. The grounds are beautiful, the master suites are spacious and elegantly designed, and the bungalows have private splash pools and amazing garden tubs. But what takes Namu to the next level is its restaurant, Num. Chef Rosis is hands down the best Chef in Costa Rica. I can’t say enough good things about Namu. We can’t wait to come back. Pura Vida

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Douglas Vasquez Gonzalez, Director General at Namu Hotel Garden Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2023

We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel, in addition to having enjoyed the gastronomic offer offered by our restaurant Num.
We look forward to your next visit!
Pura vida!