Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Arabella
London, United Kingdom

Very basic but good air con and clean

Review of Hotel Maritza
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 23, 2024via mobile
Very basic, but clean, comfy and centrally located. Rooms had a fridge and very good air con. The location was so central and it felt very safe as was gated and locked. No room service but You can ask reception for fresh towels etc. Nothing fancy at all, but clean and good air con makes it worthwhile.
Date of stay: March 2024
    ₱6,550
    ₱6,244
3.9 km from Hotel Maritza
View more hotels in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
All reviews the owner gated ac tv reception wifi hammocks
Selected filters
Reviewed March 6, 2022

Stayed here with a large group and came back the night before by early bus as it's right next to the bus stop to get back to San Jose. Beautiful setting with hammocks outside the rooms, very clean, good wifi, perfectly situated in the village, close to the beach and all amenities and I paid £30 for a Saturday night. Rooms have a TV and AC unlike the £140 a night hotel I stayed in down the road!

Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed January 26, 2022 via mobile

It’s a low budget hotel but I gave it 4 stars because AC is super cold, wifi is good. Parking is great. Location 30 seconds from beach and bars and restaurants. Community kitchen if you want to get chummy. While I’m on vacation I don’t want to work which includes cooking. The restaurant they partner with, Pan Pay has good food. What I liked the best, is when I sent a fb msg or WhatsApp msg the owner responded fast. I’m big into good communication. They have gated security too. I had to leave at two in the morning and I was told that my key would open the gate so just to be sure I checked it and sure enough the key only opened a portion of the gate that would allow you to walk through it but not drive through it which would have caused me to miss my flight as reception is not open at night. I had my car out before that but just an example to be sure you understand the details of things where you stay as there will be language barriers

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Rob L
Reviewed July 3, 2019 via mobile

Hotel maritza located at only 4 hrs drive from the capital of costa rica
Is a great place to spend with your family and friends is only steps away from the beach and only minutes away from the most beatifull beaches in the Caribbean coast of costa rica

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

Everybody at the hotel is extremely helpful. They never complain or second guess what you need. They are there to assist you 100% of the time. Whether it’s learning local places to eat, or what’s worth checking out around there. Best 7 days kf my life.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2018

very friendly staff. good working AC. can't say i would call it a hotel because it feels more like a hostel with private room and shower. the shower had luke warm water temperature at best. took us awhile to figure out how to get it to turn warm too. the bed had a very thin layer of sheets that just couldn't hold us through with AC on at night. the maid must've noticed that we were freezing and was kind enough to leave us a fleece blanket on our 2nd day. didn't really get to use the kitchen. the door had a 2 inch gap on the top and the bottom. the bottom was covered with a plastic protective strip but the top wasn't. there were ants all along the walls by the window into the bathroom. we also found ants on our pillows which was pretty frightening. i ended up buying a hand towel because there were non and i didn't want to use our shower towel (2 per room) to wipe my hands every time. having a fridge in room was very nice. the location was definitely convenient. noise control was .... non existent yet there's a quiet sign throughout the property. the hotel restaurant and bar blasted music until about 3am every night and so during our 4 night stay, we got very little sleep. (i had ear plugs on but even then i could still hear the bass).very poor lighting in the room making it impossible to do any reading. there isn't much to do at night unless you enjoy bar hopping. this accommodation was not cheap either considering we paid only $20 more for much nicer places in other parts of CR we visited on this trip. if we were to return, we would not choose to stay here. despite very friendly staff, the accommodation was very minimal to say the least. i almost cried one night and wanted to leave for san jose a day earlier had we not booked a tour the next day.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple