Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 March 2019

This place is wonderful. My wife and I only stayed one night (sadly) but it was truly excellent. Julie, the host, is very warm, friendly and helpful and her dog, Hunter, is absolutely gorgeous. Breakfast was delicious and the bungalow itself was really cosy and clean and well-appointed. No distance to the beach and restaurants. I can't recommend this beautiful place highly enough. We would come back in a heartbeat. (If you're in the area visit the Sloth Sanctuary.)

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2019 via mobile

We stayed for a week and absolutely loved it. Beautiful breakfasts and a “garden” full of wildlife. A sloth low down in a tree outside our room and a slaty tailed trogon amongst other gorgeous birds. The rooms are very attractively furnished and the location is great.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2019

I can't t say enough about the professionalism and hospitality of the woman who runs this place. She did everything to help me get around and figure out things. And her breakfasts are superb. The place itself is also really nice. The bungalow was immaculate (no mean feat in the jungle). The beach is just a brief walk away. Do yourself a favor.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
coralhillbungalows, Owner at Coral Hill Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2019

Thank you for such a nice review Steve! It was a pleasure to have you stay with us! Enjoy your ski trip with your friends!

Reviewed 8 March 2019 via mobile

I gave 3* because I don’t think there is value for money here. Also the property is situated over 25mins walk from the centre of Cahuita and the National Park, along a stony and dusty road. It is safe at night, if dark in places. The bungalow is beautifully fitted out and very comfortable with good shower, plenty of hot water and good ceiling fan. No a/c but I didn’t miss it. Excellent mosquito net which you must use as I got bitten the night I didn’t use it despite netting on windows. The odd grasshopper, cricket and baby gecko in the bathroom didn’t bother me. The grounds are lovely. Breakfast (a plate of fruit and a hot dish) was beautifully served and adequate though you had to ask for more as more was not offered. Parsimony? Frugality? I don’t know which. At this price there should have been a buffet breakfast, even if only 3-4 people (as only 3 bungalows). Julie was welcoming and helpful but there are lots of rules: indoors no smoking, no sun lotion, no insect spray, keep the wooden surfaces dry. All make sense but there is a certain uptightness, constraint and restraint. I enjoyed myself but next time I would stay more centrally and in a hotel which gives better value.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank gazgazuk
coralhillbungalows, Owner at Coral Hill Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2019

Hello David!
I am sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay at Coral Hill Bungalows. Also, sorry you felt there were too many rules and regulations. :-( Concerning the no smoking indoors, that is a law that is countrywide in Costa Rica (Ley 9028). As far as keeping wood surfaces dry (bathroom vanity) and no spraying of insect spray, etc., our bungalows are constructed from a special wood that can no longer be forested and we take pride in keeping our bungalows and their wood surfaces as pristine as possible.
I do sincerely hope you are enjoying the rest of your holiday in this beautiful and diverse country.
All the best,

Julie (owner)

Reviewed 31 January 2019

We loved our week at Coral Hill Bungalows. Julie is a fantastic host: easy to communicate with, helpful suggestions, friendly, attention to detail. Our bungalow was clean, well maintained, and pretty. Breakfast was substantial and tasty. I loved all the flowering plants on the grounds. Also, Cahuita is a good location for exploring the southern Caribbean coast of Costa Rica.

Date of stay: January 2019