“Sweet tour”

Organic Paradise Tour
Ranked #15 of 28 things to do in Sarapiqui
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Organic farm tour where our experts guide you on an excellent rural adventure across the pineapple plantations on a specially designed tractor where you see and learn about the difference between conventional and organic agriculture. At the end of the tour, while surrounded by our paradise and listening traditional music, we invite you to drink a delicious organic pineapple juice, enjoy fresh slices of our organic pineapple and some other home made products.
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed the tour and learned a lot. I recommend not to eat before you go because you will get your fair share there. It is not the same as the older tour that showed you the packing process. I would have liked to have seen that, but I think that tour is no longer running.

All reviews
"information"
"toucans"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 18 May 2016

This was a really fun experience. We were greeted with pineapple refreshments, then taken on a tour of the pineapple fields. The guide Michael, was excellent and had us all laughing as he educated us on the growing process at this organic farm and the definitive way of chosing a pineapple in a supermarket. We returned from the fields to freshly baked pineapple upside down cake, crushed pineapple marmalade and crackers and mini pineapple filled pasties.....all washed down with pina coladas, with or without rum. A truly great experience. Recommend this visit wholeheartedly.

Reviewed 30 March 2016

We stopped on the road between Sarapiqui and Arenal because we saw a Poster about the Farm. We received a warm Welcome from Rolando who is actually not in charge of tourist visits because no tour was scheduled at this time but Rolando offered to show us fields on a short private tour. So we spent about 1 hours in fields and then we visited farm garden with lots of fruits and vegetables we a fresh pineapple smoothie. Thank you very much!

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Very informative tour with a great guide. Certainly my point of view about quality of pineapples. Ride out to the fields was pretty uncomfortable though. They gave out some great treats at the end of the tour. Worth a visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 March 2016

I was part of a Road Scholar tour group that did this pineapple tour. It was one of the highlights of my vacation in Costa Rica. I thought this was one of the best food or farm type tours I have ever taken. We were loaded into a trailer with bench seats pulled by a tractor and taken out along the road to the beautiful pineapple fields where we were driven through the fields with a narrated guide. Our tour guide whose name I forgot to note did such an excellent job of teaching us about pineapples including how they are grown and harvested. He even talked about how to pick the best pineapple in the store. He was charming and so funny at times. The tractor driver would stop from time to time and either he or the tour guide would go into the field and pick a pineapple. Our tour guide would then wield his machete with such expertise, cutting the pineapple into pieces for us to taste. The pineapple fruit was so sweet and delicious! He showed us all parts of the pineapple including the pineapple flower from which the pineapple grows. We saw pineapple fields in different stages of growth. We learned that the pineapple is actually a member of the Bromeliad family and each plant produces only one pineapple at a time, but can produce again. I had hoped on this tour to be able to get out and walk by the pineapple fields to see the pineapples up close, but riding in the wagon was just fine too. And since we drove right by the fields, we did get to see the plants pretty close. After the narrated driving tour which was just the right length of time, we went back to their main center and had treats. There was plenty of fresh pineapple juice, a glass of pina colada for each of us and for food we got to try pineapple upside down cake, pineapple empanadas, pineapple butter or jam with crackers and fresh pineapple slices. The food and drinks were really good and a great way to end our tour of the pineapple farm. There is a small gift shop on site as well as restrooms. I cannot say if there is a cost to this visit since I was part of a tour that covered our activities. I highly recommend this wonderful tour!