Hotel Arco Iris(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$96
Best Western Tamarindo Vista Villas(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$80
US$286
US$259
  • Pool
Cabinas Las Olas(Playa Avellanas)
US$106
US$82
US$50
Cabinas La Playa(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$85
Antema Lodge(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$50
Cabinas Zullymar(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$60
Cabinas Liz 27(Veintisiete de Abril)
US$42
All reviewscooking classspa treatmentsother guestssunset massagecouples massageour honeymoonbody scrubromantic dinnerheaven and earthamazing spaopen airqueen roomcucumber limeminute massagecommunal tablecosta ricavolcanic mud wrap
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Everything about this place is amazing. The food, the service, the rooms!! I loved the spa and yoga that are on the property. We stayed a while back and I just can't say enough about how amazing this place is. I really hope we can go back someday. The food was so delicious loved having lunch provided every day! Treat yourself and visit this amazing place!

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2017

Los Altos De Eros is the ultimate boutique experience. My husband and I were picked up at the airport in Liberia (our flight was over an hour late) and driven to LADE by a friendly knowlegeable driver who filled us in on the scenery along the way. Upon our arrival, a delicious late lunch was waiting for us. The hotel is off the beaten path, away from the overtly tourist focused Tamarindo. The views are magnificent. The water in the pool is warm, the drinks are cold, and the staff are attentive. The outside shower is lovely, the rooms are comfortable, and your laundry is done daily (so don't bring much). The food is delicious, and they will cater to all dietary needs. If you are friendly, love animals and nature, and are looking to relax and unwind... this is the place. Oh, and the spa is absolutely heavenly!!! We stayed a week, and hope to be back again soon.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank csimiriglia
Reviewed 7 April 2017

My wife and I absolutely loved our stay at Los Altos de Eros. We found the experience to be as if we were guests in a large home with a full staff to cater to our every need. In fact, we understand that it was originally conceived as a private residence before becoming a hotel. We spent four nights at the beginning of April and were treated like royalty from the time we were picked up at the airport to the time we checked out.

Perched on the side of a mountain overlooking the Pacific, when first entering the property you walk through a wide open space that contains reception, kitchen, dining and lounge areas overlooking a beautiful infinity pool. The hotel is very intimate with only 6 rooms. There are four guest rooms around the pool, two on either side, a large suite upstairs and a sixth room on the side of the building. For the first two days of our stay, we were in a Pool King room. It was comfortable and cozy and featured a roomy bathroom with dual sinks and a pleasant, yet private outdoor shower. We transferred to the upstairs suite when it became available for the last two days of our stay. The suite was well appointed with a large tub, a comfortable sofa facing the large wood-framed glass door leading to an outdoor balcony with two comfortable lounge chairs, a television and a huge walk-in closet. One unique factor that we loved is that there is a hamper in every bathroom and they will wash your dirty clothes and return them clean and folded daily--and it's complimentary!

The suite is the only room that has a tv. However there is a large flat-screen in the main room if you don't want to miss that big sporting event or just want to get your news fix. There is decent wi-fi throughout the grounds and in the rooms. The pool is nice and warm and there are plenty of comfortable lounge chairs surrounding it. There is a spa here that is well regarded and popular with locals and guests at other hotels in the area.

The staff here is exceptional and it is obvious that every one who works here, no matter their job, feels accountable and concerned for the satisfaction of the guests. We enjoyed dining at the communal table because it gave us the opportunity to meet and interact with other guests. For us, it was an unexpected bonus and we made new friends. Speaking of meals--WOW! Breakfast and lunch was included in our room rate and we could enjoy dinner at a reasonable additional cost or dine elsewhere for dinner (and the staff is happy to make recommendations and arrangements for off-property restaurants). Bring your appetite because every meal they served was beautifully presented, plentiful and gourmet quality. Breakfasts were wonderful yet lunches and dinners were exceptional and were consistently comparable to the finest dining experiences we have had anywhere. The chef, who also offers a weekly cooking class, is fabulous and will cheerfully prepare meals to accommodate virtually any dietary restriction or preference.

The main point of contact are the managers, Miriam, Yanina and Jennifer who each go out of their way to make sure everyone has everything they need or desire. They are pleasant, friendly, helpful and engaged and we found them to be objective sources for activities and dining choices in Tamarindo town.

One of the best features of the property is that you do not have to have a car to explore the area. We were picked up at the Liberia airport (because it is an hour away there is a charge) and they will drive you, at no charge, anywhere you want to go in town, or to activities in the area and pick you up when you're done. All the drivers were personable and we enjoyed chatting with them wherever we went.

We can't remember a more pleasant and relaxing vacation. We had such a wonderful experience here that we are already talking about when we can return!

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DblBLA
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

We only had two nights at Los Altos. The hotel is small, but very nice. The staff were outstanding and the food was very good. Next time we will stay longer. The breakfast provided was excellent. We had dinner in town on a restaurant on the beach to watch the sunset.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank davidemeador54
Reviewed 1 April 2017

I want to start off by saying that I truly wanted to love Los Altos De Eros, but it simply didn't happen. I am not the type of person who goes around writing one-star reviews every time I don't have a 100% perfect experience. With that being said, I hope others (especially honeymooners) read this review and make an informed decision that is best for them.

My wife and I chose LADE for the second half of our honeymoon. After the four hour drive from Nayara in the La Fortuna area, we were hoping to spend some time alone in our room to relax and unwind. We arrived at about 1:20 and had just missed the communal lunch, so we were taken straight to the dining area for a caesar salad lunch. The chef came out and greeted us and asked if we had any food allergies. This was the third person we had to tell that my wife was allergic to seafood and shellfish. This was a bit frustrating, as the chef had just explained that red snapper was going to be for dinner. It seemed like no one passed on the message regarding my wife's allergies and made us feel unvalued - especially surprising for a hotel that only has six rooms.

Anyway, that was more of a minor inconvenience than anything else. We ate lunch and then headed back to our room. When we saw our room, we were shocked - it was TINY! We had the queen poolside room, and the entire room was barely bigger than the bed itself. There was a bathroom attached to the tiny room with an indoor and outdoor shower. There was no wall separating the bathroom from the outdoors, and there was a man cutting the trees outside who could literally see inside our bathroom. The decor was outdated, there was no phone, no tv, and the room overall felt dingy.

The worst part, by far, was the total lack of privacy. We were in room #3, which was literally less than 10 feet from the pool, lobby, and kitchen - very awkward. With the paper-thin walls at LADE, we could seriously hear every noise from the pool, kitchen, and in the room next to us. My wife and I are not hermits, but we did want some quiet, private time on our honeymoon.

I could immediately tell that this hotel was just not the place that we were going to enjoy our honeymoon. I went and spoke with Miriam and Jennifer about wanting to cancel our reservation, as we were simply not happy there. They told me they would refund nights 2-5, but could not refund me for the first night - even though we were there less than an hour. We had paid in full five months prior for the entire 5-night stay. Since the charge was over 90 days old, they told me they would need to call the bank to process the refund as they could not do it at the hotel. This made me a bit uneasy, but they told me there were no other options.

I asked if there was any way they could refund me all five nights since we were there less than an hour, but they just said "no." There were no alternative solutions offered, no problem solving by the staff to determine what could make us more comfortable - nothing. At this point, we knew the entire staff was talking about the situation. We were so uncomfortable that we decided to just leave and book a new hotel in Tamarindo for the remainder of our stay in Costa Rica. We literally spent $400 for a 45-minute stay at LADE and we could tell the staff didn't care one bit that we were now going to pay for a second hotel for the same night.

Here is a summary of notes about LADE for people to consider (or the TL;DR version):

-Breakfast, lunch, and optional dinner are served family style. Also, all of the rooms are so close together that you are basically forced to mingle with other guests the entire time. If you are on vacation to make friends, LADE may be for you. If you are looking for privacy, you may want to look elsewhere.
-Only one kind of beer available and limited alcohol selections overall. May not be an issue for some, but we were disappointed.
-The "fitness center" consists of a treadmill, elliptical, and three dumbells in a hut.
-Extremely thin walls cause you to hear every single noise from the kitchen, pool, and surrounding rooms.
-TINY outdated queen room with no phone, TV, or fridge.
-Terrible customer service regarding issuing a refund for an unsatisfactory experience. For how upscale LADE is supposed to be, you'd think issuing a one-night refund would be a no-brainer.

In summary, I would not recommend LADE for anyone looking for any level of privacy. If you are looking to be forced into mingling with other guests for the entirety of your stay, LADE may be for you. And while it is not about the money, not issuing a full refund for a 45-minute stay simply felt insulting. I wanted to love LADE, but it was just not meant to be. I strongly urge anyone considering staying at LADE to read my review to determine if this hotel will meet their needs.

Room Tip: Do not get the queen room
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Dan P
Calvin1000, Owner at Los Altos de Eros, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

From the minute they walked in the door there was a problem. Obviously, this was not the type place they were looking for. If they had read all our reviews they would not have chosen to come here because it is not for them. We do feel bad however that this couple decided to trash us- it really isn't warranted. For some, TA can be overly empowering.

Reviews like this say so much more about the reviewer than the property. We urge all our future guests to read the other 650 '5-Star' reviews and then make a decision based on what they feel may be the truth.