“What a great place!”

Ranked #17 of 224 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Green Papaya Taco Bar & More We bring our uniqe style to Tamarindo with Good food & Great Music to create the perfect atmosphere for a good dinning experience.Our goal stands on low budget , clean , fresh healthy and tasty food with casual comfortable vibe You can eat inside with AC relief or outside with our Costa Rican nature. We open LUNCH & DINNER , or you can visit us Just for a great fresh COFFEE break.OPEN Tuesday - Sunday 11am -10pm See you soon :)
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My kids wanted to stop in when the saw the swing sets at the tables. Yes swing sets. My kids are 13 and 15. They loved it.

Cash only so be prepared.

Service was very fast and courteous. Cynthia was super accommodating as other reviewers noted.

I had the steak burritos despite what some reviewers said. I loved it. A bit spicy but that is fine with me. My wife and I could have shard it. I would recommend that to others.

We ordered the chips and dip. Black bean sauce, pick sauce and guacamole. Outstanding. Great chips too.

It is off the beaten path a bit but that worked for us as Parking was easier. We had rented a golf cart which I also highly recommend .

It is very busy so you don’t sit and dine for a while like some other places in town.

If you want food food quick at a reasonable price stop here.

Great for families.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,778)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Simple , food was amazing. Worth the find. Outside swings amazing and would definitely be back. Service was phenomenal -be prepared to pay cash . By far best guac-but not enuf!!! Shared chips- a bit oily, enchiladas that you will remember.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

On my first night in beautiful Tamarindo I met up
with my mom and sister (had to have a vacation nap) for an early dinner. We stumbled into Green Papaya Taco Bar and had a wonderful dining experience. Outdoor bar where the seats are swings?! I’m listening!

Our waitress Cynthia was so warm and helpful to a bunch of out-of-towners. The margaritas flowed like a mighty drunk river.. She recommended us some scrumptious choices (beef enchiladas are the best!) made us feel like we belonged. We’ll be regulars by the end of this trip. Can’t wait to hit up the rest of the menu.

Oh, I will say, the shrimp chipotle in cream sauce with chips dish. (I clearly don’t remember it’s name but it’s the best description I can conjure up)....The flavors, amazing. Nice balance of heat then cream. However, that dish needs to decide what it wants to be. Are you a dip? Then you need to be thicker. Are you a soup? Where’s my spoon at? And what are all these tasty chips for?! The consistency was my only issue. Other than that, incredible dining experience!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Visited this wonderful restaurant with my two adult kids, we had a marvelous meal. We ordered their tasty, tender beef burritos they were amazing. They were bathed in a spicy chipotle cream sauce and the beef was so tender they melted in your mouth. My Daughter had the chicken tacos and they were great too.
The cocktails were fantastic also. Our lovely server was Cinthia , sweet and attentive and tried to upsell other items on the menu. We will return before we leave.
I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for fresh homemade meals. Loved it.
THANKS,
Linda

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Green Papaya is a gem in the heart of Tamarindo. The tacos are flavorful and atrisnal in quality. They also serve up faboulus drinks, including local craft beer. In particular, the seafood tacos are amazing. The favors are rich and fresh with amble servings. Green Papaya also makes their own killer hot sauce, which you buy to take home. Lastly, the restaurant is cozy and inviting serving up great service and tunes.