“Great service, good pizza”

Restaurante y Pizzeria Bocelli
Ranked #11 of 26 Restaurants in Playa Hermosa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2021 via mobile

The service was exception, having take out two nights. Friendly and English speaking a winning combination.

Ordered the pizza and enjoyed the flavor. Not the best I had, but certainly good for Costa Rica. Did a taste test with Pizza y Mas in Playa Hermosa, and would choose Bocelli every time. Wood fired, and the Grande was a decent size, more than enough for two adults.

Prosciutto e funghi was 7.900 colones for Grande, Mediana was 5.400.

5-6 parking spots in front, and credit card was accepted. Pizza was ready in 15 minutes.

Date of visit: July 2021
2  Thank likey2travel
Write a reviewReviews (231)

Reviewed July 23, 2021 via mobile

I really wanted to like this place but overall it was just okay and I personally wouldn't come back. My sister and I are suckers for Italian food. I have exceptionally high standards for pizza and unfortunately I was disappionted by the pizza here. It didn't taste Italian at all and the ingredients did not meet my expectations. We also ordered a Carbonara pasta which was much better but lacking a little taste. I also felt it was expensive for the quality - we paid about 25,000 colones for the pizza, the pasta and 2 sodas.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed July 6, 2021

Stopped in here based on prior reviews. We weren't disappointed. The food was provided quickly and was wonderful!! My husband had the homemade hot sauce and said it was one of the best he's had. We noticed the alcohol on the walls and realized we should have stayed (or come back for) drinks at night. Was a great place and we highly recommend it.

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank hrljw
Reviewed May 25, 2021

We stayed at the Bosque Del Mar hotel, and while the food there is excellent, we thought we would take a walk to see what was around us. We were very pleased we did as this place was lovely. We enjoyed it so much that we went back several times! We had Steak which was one of the best we've tasted in a long while! Pizza was great, perfectly wood fired and crispy. The Ceviche is plentiful and we highly recommend the Nutella & Almond desert. I forget what its called but Angie will help you with anything. Angie is a lovely friendly waitress providing great service! Hope to see you again! Photos to upload soon.

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank dmariesix
Reviewed January 7, 2021

Back in the spring of 2018, we took a walk down the road from our lodging at Bosque del Mar on a wonderful moonlit night and found ourselves at Bocelli's. They were immediately welcoming and we absolutely loved that they were playing songs by the opera singer. Our dinner was awesome and the service was great. We have planned a trip to the Guanacaste area in April 2021, and Bocelli's is definitely on our list of places to visit again.

Date of visit: March 2020