“Great location on the beach!”

Roberto's Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Costa Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Roberto’s specializes in a variety of Costa Rican and American dishes. It is located on the beach in the beautiful La Gaviota Tropical Boutique B&B.
Reviewed 5 March 2021

We enjoyed seafood for lunch and pina coladas, sitting at a table by the beach. Nice setting and great service! Relaxing!

Date of visit: February 2021
robertjes2, Propietario at Roberto's Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2021

Hello.
Thank you very much for such a nice opinion, always here to serve you

Write a reviewReviews (603)

Reviewed 26 February 2021 via mobile

Location on Playa Hermosa is great with outdoor seating scattered amongst the palm trees. Food and drinks were good resulting in a very Pura Vida experience.

Date of visit: February 2021
Bette G, Marketing at Roberto's Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2021

We are glad you enjoyed your Roberto’s experience. Thank you for writing a review.

Reviewed 23 February 2021 via mobile

This was a very nice surprise of a place. We had stopped by here multiple times for different meals because the food was fantastic! Our friends rented a boat from Roberto to explore the local beaches you can only get to by boat. The waves were a little rough by the restaurant to board the boat so Roberto himself brought us to another beach to board in calmer waters. His crew were a couple of young guys who knew their way around a boat and helped with the gear. When we returned to the restaurant we went to the rooftop pool and swam around until dinner. All the food was delicious!

Date of visit: February 2021
robertjes2, Propietario at Roberto's Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2021

I love it, thank you so much. Always here to serve you.

PURA VIDA

Reviewed 7 January 2021 via mobile

The restaurant is well located, the ceviche was good, but the two main dishes were totally over cooked, the prices on the menu doesn't include the taxes, so the final price was really high, the service was good.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 28 October 2020

Positives: Ocean front dining, very clean. The Shrimp appetizer (a warm shrimp cocktail) was really good. I would recommend that and there was plenty for two.

Negatives: Service was terrible. We were the only people in restaurant and we had to go get our waiter when we needed him. Never came and asked how our food was. Small portions. While we like the shrimp appetizer the avocado was totally brown as well as we had to ask for the pink sauce that was supposed to come with it. When the cook noticed I was trying to get the attention of the waiter he finally came over and gave us a good one. I had steak which was ok with baked potato. Waiter asked do you want butter or sour cream I said both. When he brought the dinner I noticed it was not butter but margarine. So again I had to go find him to ask for butter which he came back with margarine again. My husband is a chef in Costa Rica and Spanish is his native language so there was not a language issue. He asked why does it say butter on the menu and not margarine his reply was you will have to ask the owner fair enough but when someone asks tell them what it really is. I ordered a Sauvignon Blanc which was the house wine and I couldn't even drink the whole class it was awful. I always always leave a tip even for ok service but this time I could not justify it. We were going to get dessert but at that point we were just ready to pay and leave. My husband had a mixture of seafood on pasta. The amount of pasta is very small and he was disappointed at the amount of seafood as well as well as the sauce. Prices were a little high for the portions and quality of food.

Date of visit: October 2020