“In Condovac the rules are”
Review of Condovac La Costa

Condovac La Costa
Ranked #16 of 25 Restaurants in Playa Hermosa
Cuisines: American, Costa Rican, Central American
Reviewed 1 April 2021 via mobile

In Condovac the rules are not for everyone.
If you are a member of condovac or have decided to visit for vacation, I warn you that the rules for use of pools, those that are just for show. The installations that are not in compliance, and are more of a joke for those of us that that believe in family spaces for adults and children separate. Thanks to a decision made by the manager, according to the receptionist, children are able to enter with diapers or without and bathe next to you, play with water guns, throw water to one another, and even learn how to swim. Even if you don't want to believe that. If you were told that this space was only for adults, that is not the case, you were fooled. And if you complain nothing happens, they don't care. So there you go, it's up to you if this is the place you want to rest.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank D824ZVoscara
Write a reviewReviews (89)

Reviewed 20 November 2020

We arrived to find out they had cancelled our reservation without our consent. They kept us waiting for hours in the reception. Melvin (the guy in charge of reservations) said it was a a misunderstanding, but still told us we were to blame and to pay a night elsewhere so we could come back the next day. So not only did they cancel the reservation without our consent, they also did not provide us any mail or call whatsoever regarding the cancellation. Plus they blamed it on us, which makes no sense as we never asked them to cancel it.
Thankfully, we found another place to spend the night and came back the next day. However, the situation we went through the first day had already ruined our stay. As if that wasn’t enough, after our stay one of the members from our group gave a bad review on Facebook and I received a mail from Melvin (yes, the guy in charge of reservations) blaming us all over again.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 23 October 2019

the room we were given on check-in was dirty, poorly lit and dated. The front desk staff was not helpful and it took 2 days and paying for a different room on the 2nd night before we were given suitable accomodations. Breakfast was basically the same thing on the buffett every morning. The location of the resort is naturally beautiful

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 15 October 2019

It took me 4 hours to get into my unit, even though I arrived after check-in time. I received no instructions or help from several staff members I approached, then was told off by the maintenance man who showed me how to open the verify stiff sliding door lock, and told me to keep the other sliding door between ground and upper floor rocked or the racoons would get in and have a "racoon party." While I was upstairs and my grandson (a minor) was downstairs, a racoon did get in and raided my fridge, terrifying my grandson, who insisted I sleep downstairs with him, instead of upstairs in the master suite. The night before I left, my beach bag containing my cell phone was stolen, and I reported it at 5:30 a.m. the day of departure, as soon as I realized it was missing. It took Reception 5 hours to investigate, after I had tracked the phone to the beach, where it had last been used (not by me) while I was waiting for staff to help me. I asked several times to call the police, so I could make a police report, but the desk manager was very reluctant to do so. At 10:30 a.m., he told me I had to go to Playas Coco to the police station there, but did not give me the street address, so I had to drive around to find it. By this time it was 11:13 a.m. and I had a 1:00 p.m. flight, and I had to wait for the Tourist Police to arrive. They couldn't work the computer, so I abandoned the report.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 7 March 2019

That’s the sun you’ll see setting from the front units at Condovac. It also unfortunately describes some aspects of this fabulously located resort. First, though, the brightness; most of the staff are wonderful. Secondly, the grounds are meticulously groomed. Thirdly, the utilitarian units are adequate and cleaned daily. The units front sitting areas provide fab sunsets and visiting possibilities. Some dimmer aspects of the place; the surcharge you pay to stay (well it’s a mandatory breakfast fee), the out-of-balance price/quality of said breakfast which cuts out the resort’s restaurants as possible places to take lunch or dinner because of the impression left from the rather pricey breakfast buffet. Small items: the pool needs some painting, the birds dive bombing the utensils at the food stations (people stop giving them food!) and the cocktails served in paper cups.

Date of visit: February 2019