Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
US$88
Expedia.comUS$88
Booking.comUS$88
eDreamsUS$88
Orbitz.comUS$88
TravelocityUS$88
CheapTicketsUS$88
All reviews superior room el oasis costa rica low season the main hotel junior suites minute walk breakfast was included room was large shower curtain boutique hotel ceiling fan great pool pura vida liberia airport coffee maker mini fridge
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 October 2020

I booked this through Booking.com. We got a very good price for a small room $102 for 2 nights. It is very close to Liberia airport where I was going on the day of check out. When we got to the hotel the receptionist who was very pleasant gave us the key etc. We started to bring stuff up to the room and we noticed the bathroom was not clean. There was toothpaste stuck on the toothpaste holder. So I went down to reception and she said I can move you to the next room which is the same price or upgrade you to a larger room. So we went and looked and decided to upgrade for extra $10 a day. I think they should have upgraded us free considering our room was dirty but for the low price I didn't say anything. I would be very disappointed if I had paid the price on their website. It was over double of what I booked on booking. The breakfast was awful. No fruits (we were told by waiter because of low season and low prices right now.) There were only 2 choices typical CR breakfast or crepes with fruit. The 1st day I got the crepes and it was ok. The 2nd day I got the crepes again and it was cold so I sent it back and it was microwaved. Very surprised the kitchen didn't take 5 minutes to make another one considering the hotel was so quiet. Orange juice was brought to our table when we sat down and not offered anything else but coffee. My husband is a chef in a restaurant in Costa Rica and could not understand why they did not give fresh fruit considering they had fresh papaya and pineapple on the crepes. The room was very nice and the bed was comfortable. Dinner/bar was not open because of covid/low season when we were there. The 2 pools are very clean and we enjoyed the big pool. I liked that they had plenty of beach towels. We did not know they closed the office I think about 7. Our room was above the office and I noticed going by that peoples personal information and keys were just left at the counter for the people checking in late. A bit surprised by that. I was told there were 2 guards. I did not see either of them the 2 nights we stayed however we did feel safe in the area. It is very close to many other beaches to which we took advantage off visiting. If you can get a good price I say good but not worth $100 a night. No fridge in small rooms. The garden is beautiful especially at night.

Room tip: We were above the office in a king room. In morning you can smell breakfast and hear noise in kitchen.
Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 5 September 2020

Fabulous warm welcome from Leo with advice on local restaurants and other ideas. Excellent big room with comfortable bed, AC and ceiling fan. Cracking pool area. Location is a few minutes (5 or less to the beach and some nice restaurants being another 5-20 minutes' walk. I would go back without hesitation.

Room tip: Pay a little extra for the larger rooms
Date of stay: September 2020
HOTEL VILLA DEL SUEÑO, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Hotel and Restaurant Villa del Sueno, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2020

Dear Mike

Thank you very much for your comments, we really appreciate it.

It was really a real pleasure to serve you at our hotel

Reviewed 22 March 2020

We returned to Sueno because it (Hermosa) is a pleasant, simple place to end a
trip, that is near enough to the airport. The pleasant staff has remained consistent from before and there is a low-key friendliness to the 'villa'. The landscaping and gardens remain tenderly cared for here and the birds enjoy it as well as there are several species nesting in the trees, as well as parrots in the canopy and a mot mot on the fence. All is kept clean. There is no access to a mini-mart as such and in the pool side rooms, no mini fridge. But there are breakfasts and dinners here and reasonably priced snacks from the thatched bar/lounge area. The resort has been updated for its 25th anniversary. The pool is quiet and has shade in the latter afternoon and there is a little groto behind the public bookshelf for solitude in the shade. Exiting the property, it is just minutes continuing along the road to the right, past Bosque Villa to the beach entrance, and what a nice, uncrowded beach it is. In fact, it seems to have been cleaned up.
Like many others, we go up a third of the way to be at the upscaled 'aquasport'
to watch the sunset, grab a drink and some food. and music too this time. We had an incident, the owners were sympathetic and the staff was helpful, particularly the manager. We were able to attend the tuesday jazz, last of the season, and new since we last visited.

Room tip: you must be in the main building if you want more amenities, such as a fridge.
Date of stay: March 2020
3  Thank fisher_eye_lens
Reviewed 27 February 2020 via mobile

I have struggled with review since the 14th. Our experience was less than positive after hearing from others how great the food was. The opening course were what you would expect from a high quality restaurant. Unfortunately the surf and turf lack the lobster and shrimp while our fish was not cool. All in all, food wise, very disappointing. On the other hand the ambiance was wonderful. The entertainment was of the highest caliber. I do understand the kitchen was over whelmed with orders but what I still struggle with is feeling like an uninvited guest.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
Restaurante Villa del Sueño Restaurante Villa del Sueño, Director General at Hotel and Restaurant Villa del Sueno, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2020

We work as a team and do our best to deliver memorable experiences, be sure your comments have been subject of conversation in all departments concerned and have triggered positive ideas and growth on our part.
We are so sorry we did not feel your disappointment and have this conversation the day of, if you are still in country, we'de love the opportunity to make it up to you. Please call 2672-0026 or send us an e-mail : info@villadelsueno.com

Reviewed 22 February 2020

This villa is special and I can see why many people return year after year. The staff are sweet and skilled. Thank you Christian, Leo, Hairo, Randall, Ronnie, Sandra and everyone else. Upbeat, great Junior Suite, great pool, great food. Get the continental breakfast. A beautiful place with lovely garden, and a few minutes walk to the beach. Very quiet - except on the nights with live music!!! Wonderful music!!! Thank you Dream Machine and Mango Taxi, your music was the best I have heard in a long time! We are so relaxed after a few days.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Claude Laferriere, Owner at Hotel and Restaurant Villa del Sueno, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2020

Thank you for your kind review,we really appreciate it.
C