Paradise Dreams Flamingo Beach(Playa Flamingo)(Great Value!)
US$106
  • Pool
Massai Apartments(Playa Flamingo)(Great Value!)
US$53
Flamingo Cabinas(Playa Flamingo)
US$50
Casas del Toro - Flamingo Beach(Playa Flamingo)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$156
Guanacaste Lodge(Playa Flamingo)(Great Value!)
US$79
Conchal Hotel(Brasilito)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$69
Hotels.com
Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel(Playa Potrero)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$118
2,308 results
All reviewsswim up baracross the streetflamingo beach resortall inclusive planall inclusive packagecosta ricabreakfast planping pongsunset loungepool viewarenas restaurantwater aerobicspura vidanight lifelounge chairssmall casinodestination wedding
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We spent 4 nights here. The beach is right across the street. There were families and kids from around Costa Rica as well as foreign travelers. The weekend brings the families out and the pool was full of kids. We enjoyed the stay, but we are more comfortable in a setting that is a bit more serene. We are in our 60's and our children our grown.
Of course if we were younger and had small children this place would have been fine. During the week it was much less crowded.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tsponeway
Eric_Gutierrez, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Tsponeway.

Thank you for having selected Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa for four nights during your trip to Costa Rica, also thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor about our beautiful resort. We hope you are fine at home with your wife after your visit to our beautiful resort.

Of course, our resort is for couples, families and teenagers and we hope are so glad to know you enjoyed your time here.

Please contact us for anything you need, we'll be awaiting for your next visit.
Thank you very much for your time.

Kind regards from our Crew and Management.

Sincerely Eric Gutierrez.
e-Concierge.
Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Checked init ti be fixed.with a good rate and then opted for two more nights based on initial impression. Big mistake. Internet in almost nonexistent. We paid extra for the studio room with kitchen faciities and when we learned we couldn't get wifi we asked for to be fixed After a day it wasn't Their solution was to place us in a tiny room with no kitchen faciities right in front of the blaring swim-up bar. No recompensation offered even when asked. Dude even accused me of yelling at him. Manager said she'd check then b=never came back,,,, after waiting an hour they said she left and I asked for night manager who was also gone (at 9:15pm?) So wait till tomorow,,,, our last day and we need internet for business tonight. Other than the beautiful beach and nice pool (albeit with ridiculously loud music) it could be a nice place but the people running the place suck and the promised facilities are not available. Paucity of English channels. Loud fridge. Not much good to say about this place. There are other places are that have the same beautiful beach and pools without the high price and abysmal service.

Room Tip: Forget wifi. Pool view rooms are loud,
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
5  Thank vickyloubuckley
Eric_Gutierrez, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear vickyloubuckley,

Thank you for taking your time to write a comment and evaluate our beautiful resort. We are naturally disappointed when we read your comment. Just to clarify, one of our night managers talked to you in order to know your issues and solve them, unfortunately our night shift manager noticed you were not sober and suddenly you took the decision of leaving the resort.

We request the services to the National Tourist Police in order they know about your situation, because we were very worried of something could happened to you after you leave the resort, you requested for a non-official taxi service and we don’t know where you were going to go. Now we read your comment and know you are fine at home after your visit to Costa Rica.

Kind regards from the sunny Flamingo Beach.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel flamingo is located on a white sand beach. The food is great and rooms are comfortable. I can say that the staff is friendly and accommodates the needs of my and my friends. If you go to the beach you will meet with Minor Gonzalez a local tour guide who is there to help you with tours. We did atvs to the zip lines and had a blast.
If you looking for a good hotel stay at flamingo. You can reach Minor at mayortourscr.com 011 506 84969289

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Erik G
Eric_Gutierrez, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Dear Eric G.

Thank you for having selected Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa and taking the time to share your review.

We are glad to read about your positives points and your location description of the surroundings areas.

We really don't recommend to buy tours outside the resort because this informal agencies usually don't have insurance in case of accidents or when tourist get hurt, also they don't pay taxes and people could be rip off.

About the power off, we have a power source plant in order to keep the resort with the electricity service for more than 24 hours and when the cut occurs usually the plant takes around 30 seconds to starts.

Thank you again for your time and we look forward to your next visit!

Best regards

Reviewed 19 August 2017

I stayed in multiple hotels in Costa Rica throughout the years, mainly in the Puntarenas, and Guanacaste region. Flaming Beach Resort & Spa is by far my favorite hotel in Costa Rica.The first time I stayed there I was upgraded to a suite with a kitchenette, and I selected the least cost room. Keep in mind this is the low season, but there were young adults who stayed at this hotel, but were very courteous of the people around them. I enjoyed the complimentary drinks when you walk in, and it's easy to find your room. The front end staff were VERY welcoming, and nice. The hotel had a beautiful large pool, a luxurious lobby, spa, a movie theatre, game room, pool tables, ping pong tables and restaurants. The two rooms I stayed in did not have an in unit. blow dryer, since drying clothes is difficult in a humid climate. The location of the hotel is perfect, there is a mini mall across the street with restaurants, an ice cream store, a mini-mart, tour companies, and car rentals. The hotel is on the beach, and it's my favorite beach in Costa Rica, for many reasons. The water is mostly calm, the water was turquoise, clean, the sand looked great, and it was clean as well. The hotel has chairs and umbrellas for rent. The hotel has great restaurants, with great food, pasta, pizza, FRESH fish, local Costa Rican dishes, and great drinks. The prices are relatively affordable as well, there is another restaurant to the left of the beach as well that had a good view and on the beach. My favorite restaurant was Capriccios Restaurant on the second floor of the hotel. I ate there twice with my girlfriend back to back, both nights we had excellent food, and service. The second night chef Jaime and Armando came to personally greet my girlfriend and I, and told us about that nights recommendations. We ate the seafood linguini, which was fresh, the seafood was amazing, and the pasta was al dente, but most importantly, the dish came out HOT. I ordered a pepperoni pizza which was great. The restaurant has a traditional fire pizza oven which cooked the pizza to perfection. The crust, tomato sauce, tomato chunks, and pepperoni, were harmonious. Thank you Chef Jaime and Armando! There are also, places in the hotel where you can book tours, one in the lobby, one near the pool where you get towels, and one on the beach(that is not affiliated with the hotel but offer great selections including renting large boats to take your family or parter out on.) Recommendations to improve this experience would be, one, the hotel should improve the wifi, the internet speeds were ok by the pool, but I would loose signal, and have very slow speeds in the room. Two, the hotel should use floral air fresheners in the room, the rooms are great, but it smells bland, this would make the rooms pop more, and not have a lingering salt smell. Third, although minor, there should be blow dryers in the bathrooms. All in all, I had a great time in this hotel, with friendly staff, awesome location, great food, and a beautiful beach.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor is the same as the lobby, it's easier to move luggage to your car or bus this way.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
4  Thank Brandon M
Eric_Gutierrez, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear Brandon, first of all please, accept my sincere apologies for the late answer, thank you for having selected Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa for your vacation and for your five stars review.

We really appreciate your preference for our beautiful hotel, beach and for our services. Please, feel free to write us if you are planning to visit us again in the future and we cordially invite you to follow us on our Social Networks.

Pura Vida from the sunny Flamingo Beach.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Check in was polite and courteous. A welcome drink was offered.

This is a family friendly resort. Quite large. What this means is...if you are looking for peace and solitude, this may not be the place for you. Lots of kids. Lots of Millenials running around.

Back hallways and rooms can be accompanied by loud teenagers and young people that are in "party" mode, with no regard who may be trying to rest or sleep.

There is a small back private pool in very close proximity to the rooms. It has a volleyball net installed. What this means for older adults is that you have to listen to teenage and young adult volley ball games which is accompanied by...you guessed it...yelling and screaming, hooping and hollering.

The food was decent and above average in quality. The service was quite attentive and quite friendly.

I purchased the "all inclusive package." What this means is, you don't get high quality drinks. You get bottom shelf drinks. Like Bacardi? Forget it unless you want to pay 10 bucks a drink. To get average to top shelf you must purchase the "premium" all inclusive package.

So I made the reservation and somehow expedia managed to exclude my wife from the room. When I got there, I added her to my reservation. She is slight of build and eats like a small bird so the "all inclusive" package was not necessary. BUT to allow MY WIFE to be in the room with me during our vacation, I was forced to purchase the "all inclusive package" which cost me close to 500 dollars for 5 days. All I wanted was to have my wife in my room (Imagine that) and pay for her meals when she ate separately. Beware of this flim flam.

So when trying to get this done I spoke to 3 separate people both on the phone and in person. I got three different quotes. 1 for 75.00 to allow my wife in my room,l 1 time fee. The second quote with a different person was 93 dollars per night. The third quotes was 98 per night. What could I do? I was forced to take it on the chin. So theres a shroud of ambiguous quotes and fees there. One guy says its set in stone and no negotiating. Another one "swings you a deal." So it depends on who you talk to I guess. The pool bar was cool, however there was a little lighter skinned stocky bartender that seemed full of himself and was less friendly than the rest. Wasn't impressed so I didn't hang out there much when he was around. They have fruity drinks and trash cans that get quite full there which can be unsightly. The worst part of that is the bees and yellow jackets that are hovering around and quite a few of them too, so that ran me off. I was in the area on business and when a local business associate came to meet with me so we could ride together to various meetings around town, we were given the run around and my associate was treated like a local pan handler. The guard told my business associate "Your not welcome here and dont come back!" LOL amazing. After giving myself 24 hours to cool down, I spoke with the general manager who was apologetic about the situation. However the embarrassment already happened. No comps were offered or given which I noticed. I wanted to report it mainly because I didn't want it to happen to others in the future. I advised the manager and staff that I write reviews for TripAdvisor and they seemed unphased. So here it is guys. You asked for it, you got it. Toyota. Likely will not return. Nice facility. Needs some serious policy changes.

Room Tip: This is not an Adult Only Resort. Lots of children.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business