Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews private beach flamingo beach costa rica every morning hotel is located gorgeous views pool area julio
Selected filters
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

My sister and I went there for a night. It's located almost on top of the hill, meaning there are amazing views from Potrero Bay and Flamingo beach. But also means you ought to walk uphill a lot or use other means of transportation to go to Flamingo beach.
It has access to a private beach, which wasn't disappointing (just a bit tiring because of the long stairway). We like walking, which is why we didn't complain, however not everyone is going to like that part of the trip.
The room was comfortable enough. The food was good and fresh, but a bit pricey. Nothing to worry much about. I recommend the ceviche.
The staff was nice and helpful.
Things to upgrade:
1- The stairs to the private beach need an urgent improvement due to safety(you might have somewhere to hold from, but it looks old and the stairs are kinda steep).
2- The pool requires a bit more cleaning. And, instead of having a kids pool(which they clearly don't use), transform such space into a hot tub.
3- Green areas aren't as green as they should be. A bit of maintenance would be worth it (and barriers where these connect with the cliff).
4- The WiFi connection isn't the best. They might offer two routers, but none of them work really well(in means of a steady network connection).
5- The rooms require an urgent upgrade and maintenance: The shower stalls don't pour enough water, the door locks seem very unsafe, the closets' doors are falling off and don't open smoothly.

Overall, for the price paid it was great. You get a really nice stay with great views and basic services from really nice staff. We'll repeat as soon as we can.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2018

The views from this hotel on top of the cliff are truly amazing! We enjoyed sitting on the many covered areas enjoying the scenery. Also took the steep steps down to the ocean and enjoyed the many hermit crabs there and walking on waters edge. I don't think the beach is really somewhere you would want to hang out for the day since no amenities anywhere close and the walk back up the steps is a little tiring. It was cool to check it out though. The rooms were in desperate need of updating, especially the bathroom, but they were clean and fairly comfortable. The morning breakfast was typical costa rican buffet and was fine, but nothing spectacular. The lobby area was lovely and bar and wait staff were very attentive. The kids enjoyed the pool and us the swim up bar, but overall could use a facelift. While the views were stunning, I think if I were to visit Flamingo Beach area again, I would fine accommodations right on the usable beach closer to town. The staff did give us a shuttle ride down to Coco Loco restaurant on Flamingo beach, but generally, I would not say it would be walkable to go to Flamingo beach for the day due to the location up on top of the cliff. No regrets, enjoyed our stay, just needs a major update to bring back to its original glory.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2018

Stayed for 6 nights, and this hotel amused me the most in Costa Rica for the regular wildlife visitors but I remember it the most for the crabs.

To start with the hotel, this is a very good hotel in a good location on top of the cliffs. There is a free breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant every morning and you have the pool just outside the bar area and a few hotel rooms (on the ground floor). Also free Wifi, and a lookout platform which overlooks the sea and bay offering you great views of the landscapes around. The private beach down the steps from the hotel is ok but not that special.

If you don't want to always pay higher prices in the local restaurants there is a lengthy 2km walk to a convenience store which was the drawback of my stay here.

As for the wildlife, there are many crabs roaming around the hotel premises. Most of them tend to hang around the pool area especially at night, but they also love to get in the swimming pool. I even saw a couple outside my room in the corridor at night. The presence of the crabs were what amused me the most about this hotel. Should you come across any crabs in the pool don't worry, just give them a wide berth and you'll be ok. The only time you will stand a chance of being pinched by crab claws is if you try to touch it.

During the day you might see a different variety of birds in the hotel premises especially in the hotel restaurant during the morning. The White Throated Magpie Jay might jump on your table then steal a bit of your breakfast at an opportunity. There's also a Raccoon which roams the hotel premises at night.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2018

This was my 6th resort in CR on my solo trip. Scenery, staff, and breakfast were all wonderful. Beautiful decks on the property for yoga, AM coffee and quiet. Viewing decks down the cliff side to tiny remote beach. While the rooms were not what I was hoping, these other things made up for it. Only real pain-point was that I was up against the pool on first floor - the evening lighting and music in the pool area was a bit busy / loud for a tired traveler.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed July 2, 2018

Stayed here for a few nights, it's one of the cheapest options in Flamingo, and for obvious reasons. It's a little outdated, and less resort like than the other options in the area. For the pice though, we were happy with the stay. The rooms and pool were clean, the private beach as disappointing.

Date of stay: April 2018