Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$153
Hotels.com$153
Hurb$153
Tripadvisor$153
StayForLong
Priceline
All reviews private beach flamingo beach costa rica every morning hotel is located gorgeous views pool area julio
Selected filters
Reviewed July 18, 2018

The views from this hotel on top of the cliff are truly amazing! We enjoyed sitting on the many covered areas enjoying the scenery. Also took the steep steps down to the ocean and enjoyed the many hermit crabs there and walking on waters edge. I don't think the beach is really somewhere you would want to hang out for the day since no amenities anywhere close and the walk back up the steps is a little tiring. It was cool to check it out though. The rooms were in desperate need of updating, especially the bathroom, but they were clean and fairly comfortable. The morning breakfast was typical costa rican buffet and was fine, but nothing spectacular. The lobby area was lovely and bar and wait staff were very attentive. The kids enjoyed the pool and us the swim up bar, but overall could use a facelift. While the views were stunning, I think if I were to visit Flamingo Beach area again, I would fine accommodations right on the usable beach closer to town. The staff did give us a shuttle ride down to Coco Loco restaurant on Flamingo beach, but generally, I would not say it would be walkable to go to Flamingo beach for the day due to the location up on top of the cliff. No regrets, enjoyed our stay, just needs a major update to bring back to its original glory.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2018

Stayed for 6 nights, and this hotel amused me the most in Costa Rica for the regular wildlife visitors but I remember it the most for the crabs.

To start with the hotel, this is a very good hotel in a good location on top of the cliffs. There is a free breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant every morning and you have the pool just outside the bar area and a few hotel rooms (on the ground floor). Also free Wifi, and a lookout platform which overlooks the sea and bay offering you great views of the landscapes around. The private beach down the steps from the hotel is ok but not that special.

If you don't want to always pay higher prices in the local restaurants there is a lengthy 2km walk to a convenience store which was the drawback of my stay here.

As for the wildlife, there are many crabs roaming around the hotel premises. Most of them tend to hang around the pool area especially at night, but they also love to get in the swimming pool. I even saw a couple outside my room in the corridor at night. The presence of the crabs were what amused me the most about this hotel. Should you come across any crabs in the pool don't worry, just give them a wide berth and you'll be ok. The only time you will stand a chance of being pinched by crab claws is if you try to touch it.

During the day you might see a different variety of birds in the hotel premises especially in the hotel restaurant during the morning. The White Throated Magpie Jay might jump on your table then steal a bit of your breakfast at an opportunity. There's also a Raccoon which roams the hotel premises at night.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2018

This was my 6th resort in CR on my solo trip. Scenery, staff, and breakfast were all wonderful. Beautiful decks on the property for yoga, AM coffee and quiet. Viewing decks down the cliff side to tiny remote beach. While the rooms were not what I was hoping, these other things made up for it. Only real pain-point was that I was up against the pool on first floor - the evening lighting and music in the pool area was a bit busy / loud for a tired traveler.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed July 2, 2018

Stayed here for a few nights, it's one of the cheapest options in Flamingo, and for obvious reasons. It's a little outdated, and less resort like than the other options in the area. For the pice though, we were happy with the stay. The rooms and pool were clean, the private beach as disappointing.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank melat479
Reviewed April 14, 2018

We had booked to stay here for 2 nights but ended up staying for 5. The rooms and hotel have a spectacular view. The hotel even has a private black sand beach - we spent a few of our mornings here and had the beach to ourselves. It's a very peaceful hotel with numerous huts with beautiful views to relax in outside in the shade. The hotel is in a great location, very easy to get to the nearby towns and beaches for day trips.

Room tip: All rooms have great views!
Date of stay: January 2018