Lowest prices for your stay
$163
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$68
Hotels.com
$68
Priceline$163
Travelocity$68
Orbitz.com$68
All reviews garden bar the main street mini fridge short walk to the beach hotel grounds room location perfect hotel large shower tropical birds front porch hot water definitely stay here again included breakfast peace and quiet coffee pot stayed here for nights pool
Selected filters
Reviewed June 6, 2021

I love so much about this hotel: the location, the room comfort, the grounds. This was a return stay for me, because I'd had such a great experience previously. And I can truthfully say that this visit might have been perfect but for one stunning exception: the new (since my last stay) bar/restaurant played music constantly, and there was no way to escape it without hiding in my room.

Each room has a pleasant front porch with seating, but the only time I could enjoy mine was in the early morning hours. Every afternoon and evening, save for Sunday, the bar music invaded my senses without letup. I like music -- I listen to music -- but I don't want to be bombarded by it every moment of the day. At times, the "music" choices included graphic rap lyrics which offended even me. And the proximity of the bar to every room at the hotel, and to the pool, means that no room location will spare guests from the noise.

The room was quite comfortable. The a/c works well, and the hot water is plentiful with good water pressure. The large shower is wonderful. I like having a mini frig, a microwave, and coffee pot, and the large windows provide for plenty of natural light and a view of the tropical landscaping outdoors. There are plentiful outlets for charging devices, and the wifi was excellent. The bed was a little firm but fine.

The daily breakfast was served with friendly efficiency and the food was good.

The hotel is perfectly located for divers, as it's a short walk to the beach and the usual rendezvous point for the local dive shops. There is on-site parking. Yes, there is road construction going on right now, but that is not the fault of the hotel, and it did not prevent me from coming and going.

The Garden Bar could be a nice place to have cocktail or a meal. I enjoyed fish tacos there on my first night and they were delicious, although the music made it difficult to have a conversation with my companion. Since the bar is smack in the middle of the hotel grounds, guests have no way to avoid the noise without being closed in a room. Thankfully, the bar shut down by ten each night.

The property has much going for it, but if you like peace and quiet, and the sound of the tropical birds, this might not be your best bet. Absent the noise issue, I'd have given this hotel a top rating. On my next visit, I'll be looking for a different place to stay.

6  Thank Sandra F
Reviewed May 15, 2021 via mobile

I love this place!!! The staff are all so kind and friendly, especially the ladies who cooked our breakfast and the man working the check in office! The check in process was easy and quick and our room was extremely clean and neat.

This hotel is absolutely perfect walking distance from the beach and many wonderful restaurants. The included breakfast here is very delicious too, thanks to the lovely breakfast chefs.

Our room included a microwave, a much needed air conditioning unit, a large flatscreen TV, and best of all, a small balcony. The pool is located in the center of the complex and is stunning!

We had a wonderful time at this hotel and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone. We will absolutely be coming back.

Room tip: There is a 9PM covid curfew that is enforced in Playas Del Coco (as of May 15th).
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2021

The Garden Bar with its beautiful garden surrounding it is a great place to relax and enjoy the delicious food. One of the best in Coco! The staff are friendly and always smiling, even under their masks you know they are always happy to see you!

Reviewed January 23, 2021

Stayed here for 2 nights with my family who can be high maintenance hotel wise. We were all thoroughly impressed by the staff, cleanliness and overall experience. Restaurant was so good we ate there both nights. Super close walk to downtown without all the noise and busyness. Hotel grounds feels like a well-to-do friends backyard meaning super inviting with a safe and private atmosphere.

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank TJSurf84
Reviewed March 22, 2020 via mobile

This was our second visit and we have stayed here both times. Every single member of the staff is helpful, friendly, welcoming... I won’t stay anywhere else. I feel like we have made friends here. Can’t wait to return! Pura Vida.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple