Lowest prices for your stay
$163
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$68
Hotels.com
$68
Priceline$163
Travelocity$68
Orbitz.com$68
All reviews garden bar the main street mini fridge short walk to the beach hotel grounds room location perfect hotel large shower tropical birds front porch hot water definitely stay here again included breakfast peace and quiet coffee pot stayed here for nights pool
Selected filters
Reviewed January 23, 2021

Stayed here for 2 nights with my family who can be high maintenance hotel wise. We were all thoroughly impressed by the staff, cleanliness and overall experience. Restaurant was so good we ate there both nights. Super close walk to downtown without all the noise and busyness. Hotel grounds feels like a well-to-do friends backyard meaning super inviting with a safe and private atmosphere.

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank TJSurf84
Reviewed March 22, 2020 via mobile

This was our second visit and we have stayed here both times. Every single member of the staff is helpful, friendly, welcoming... I won’t stay anywhere else. I feel like we have made friends here. Can’t wait to return! Pura Vida.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2020

We stayed for 2 nights in the master suite at Hotel La Puerta del Sol and enjoyed it. The location is great, it’s an easy walk to the restaurants, grocery store, shops and beach. The grounds are very nice, lots of trees & flowers and it feels safe. It has a pool with loungers around it. There’s a garden bar that had trivia one night that we participated in, it was fun. The room was large & had a mini refrigerator. The only down side was the balcony - it was like a room that had windows and a screen but wasn’t outside. The other rooms seem to have a nicer outside sitting area.

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed February 4, 2020

The rooms were spacious, clean and comfy with a veranda looking out into the amazing garden and pool area. It was so peaceful and relaxing.
Parking was inside a gated area, and we never had an issue getting a spot.
The garden bar was closed the 2 nights we stayed. It looked like a fun place to have a drink, but I'm not sure if it would get noisy at night since it is right next to the pool and near the guest rooms.
It's also worth mentioning that it's about a 10 minute walk to the main road and the area is a bit isolated. I have no doubt the area is perfectly safe, but it's something to be aware of particularly if you are travelling alone.
I loved this hotel and wound up spending as much time by the pool as I did going to the beach. If I had known how lovely the garden was I would have stayed a couple more days.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed January 6, 2020

Lovely setting of gardens and pool/bar. Rooms spacious and nice. All staff very friendly and helpful. Stayed there Dec. 27 & 28. Great knowledge of local restaurants and sites. Directed us to where to rent snorkelling equipment and arranged a taxi (he knew the driver which was comforting) to bring us there and back to hotel. The snorkelling was awesome. Hotel close to Main Street of shops and restaurants(walk). Really enjoyed the pool with a cocktail in hand after a day at the beach. Breakfast great with nice options and wonderful staff. When checking out they arranged a taxi (again knew the driver- thank goodness as when on way already they called the driver to let us know that we had left ID and credit card there!). Highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: All the rooms I saw appeared to be in nice garden setting
Date of stay: December 2019