“Great view with great taste”
Review of Cafe de Playa

Cafe de Playa
Price range: US$10 - US$70
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An elegant beachfront retreat Café de Playa is a slice of the Pacific Paradise, with welcoming accommodations and luxurious living. Indulge in the bounties of the sea, the fruits of Costa Rica and beverages from around the globe. A world unto itself, Café de Playa is the ideal beach front venue for lodging, entertainment, romantic dinners, weddings, private events and activities for every mood.
Reviewed 25 January 2021

Went to this location a couple times for sunset eats and drinks. The food was delicious with some tasty cocktails. The only reason we didn't give a 5 was due to the service

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (561)

Reviewed 2 January 2021 via mobile

Beautiful place, excellent ocean view, profesional and friendly waitresses, and very good food. It is one of my favorite places in Coco Beach!

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 25 December 2020 via mobile

Everything about this place is AMAZING! It’s right on the beach. The setting is picturesque at night and maybe even more so during the day. The steak was cooked to perfection! The price is really good. The service is exceptional. It really made my stay in Coco worth the trip. Note... they have hammocks if you want to go for a day visit.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 27 November 2020

I loved my stay here! Comfortable and clean room, very attentive staff, great food, and hammocks on the beach. I'll be back!

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 6 November 2020

My family and I were looking for good places in Playas del Coco to have a birthday dinner and a few members of my family had already been in Cafe de Playa, they said the place was beautiful and the food was amazing. They were right! Best choice we could have made. From the beginning, the service was great, the waiters were super kind and knew a lot about wine options and gave us great recommendations about the dishes. They were also very respectful of the specific Covid-19 protocols. The presentation of the dishes was outstanding, and the food was delicious. No kidding, best tuna tartare we’ve ever had! The steak was perfectly cooked and seasoned. The portions of every dish was more than enough. They were also very kind to play the happy birthday song in the speakers and put candles on our deserts, which were also soooo good (please, order the chocolate volcano cake). We all agreed that the prices were super ok for the quality and quantity. I fully reccomend this place, we had a great night.

Date of visit: November 2020