3,496 results
All reviews hot springs costa rica la fortuna beautiful grounds private hot spring swim up bar rocking chairs towel animals breakfast buffet private patio back porch every morning rainy season thermal pools restaurant staff arenal area spring pool
Reviewed 3 August 2018

It was a short but rewarding trip, a hotel at the height level to be able to relax. The most impressive of all is its thermal water pool in the room (just outside), a plus for our anniversary and of course the view to the volcano and the customer service.

Date of stay: July 2018
GPCustomerService, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Volcano Lodge, Hotel & Thermal Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Hello George, thank you for your positive review.

We appreciate your comment as it allow us to improve the level of service offered to our dear guests.
As you well say, we have relaxing hot springs, beautiful rooms and the best view of Arenal Volcano.

We hope you can come back in a near future.
It will be a pleasure to serve you again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

After a long day of traveling from the states, we arrived at the Volcano Lodge tired, hungry and thirsty.
This is my first visit to CR and I was treated to the Pura Vida philosophy right away...how refreshing!
The service, food, drink cleanliness...everything was top notch!
The view of the volcano is superb and we were also treated to a “double rainbow “!!!
Highly recommended!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 95bernarda
GPCustomerService, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Volcano Lodge, Hotel & Thermal Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear customer, thank you for your time to evaluating us.

We are delighted to know that your experience at Volcano Lodge & Springs has been so positive.
Your feedback motivates us and encourages us to keep doing things better every time.

We hope you visit us again soon.

Kindest regards and Pura Vida,

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Volcano Lodge and Springs was quite a lovely experience. This was my first, but not last, trip to Costa Rica. I had never seen a volcano before, and I was stunned by my first sight of Arenal as I was driving toward La Fortuna. The rooms at Volcano Lodge were very nice. My first night I had a room with hot spring in the patio. I had been looking forward to soaking in hot springs, but when I went to get in, it was too hot for me. Oh well, I am sort of hot-natured anyway, and that didn’t take away one bit from my pleasure in this trip. I went to the pool and then had a great massage by Roxana instead! The entire staff was wonderful, very friendly and helpful. They were happy to help me practice my high school Spanish. I ate the first night at the bar beside the checkin area, it was typical bar food but was good. The second night I ate at the restaurant and it was wonderful! I couldn’t decide what I wanted, so the chef put together an appetizer and entree (corvina with a sauce) that were beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. I would stay here again in a second, and would highly recommend this hotel to my best friend.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to share your lovely experience with us.

Definitely is good to read your comments about our property and services, and we are truly pleased that you have enjoyed all that you encountered in the hotel.

As you well say, we have beautiful grounds, delicious food, magnificent view of Arenal Volcano, professional staff and relaxing hot springs.

It was a pleasure to have you here with us, and we hope that you can back soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2018

My son and I enjoyed the resort immensely! Stayed in 107 which was like a duplex/cottage.

Pros:
- Room was great. Bed and bedding was comfortable. Extra blankets provided additional warmth in a very cold room. Air conditioner was always "on" and was controlled with a remote but I like it cold but I also like a blanket.
- Grounds are gorgeous and lush. Just what you would expect from a rain forest.
- Hot mineral springs was warm and delightful and could be used all night long.
- Food was excellent including the free breakfast. Loved that they had someone making omelets every morning. We also enjoyed the short drive to the town and ate at many local "Soda" spots (basically Costa Rican traditional food joints).
- The gal at the spa (Christina) was amazing!
- Bars had great service and excellent drinks at reasonable prices.
- They took US dollars with no problems. Bring change ($1 or smaller colones bills) for tips.
- The front desk was helpful in booking tours/excursions. It was similar prices everywhere I checked.
- Location was perfect... just far enough away to make it private yet close enough to town to explore.
- They have lots of security including which cars they let go in and out. I felt totally safe.
- I rented a car from San Jose and drove to La Fortuna myself and didn't have any problems find the hotel. The sign is HUGE! This was my first time in Costa Rica.

Cons
- The tin roof was loud at night when it rained. Bring ear plugs from home. This will totally fix it.
- It reminded me of a college campus so there's lots of walking to get to common areas (restaurants, spas, sauna, pools, mineral pools, etc.) I have plantar fasciitis so that's why I mention this. Not a deal breaker.
- The wifi was descent but not what I'm used to as far as consistency and speed. You can tell when everyone was using it at the same time because it was sloooow.
- I couldn't figure out the safe. It was very dated and not user friendly so I never used it. I opted to put "Do Not Disturb" on my door for 3 days which honestly didn't bother me.
- Yes there are bugs in the room. The critters just get in. I brought bug spray and I would recommend it. Once I sprayed the room by the doors and in the bathroom they were gone and stayed away.

Overall, I would stay here again! The 22 hours that the pools and hot springs are open really sold me. This is nice especially during the raining season when we were there.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Kimberly, the Customer Relations Department want to thank you for taking the time to share your lovely experience with us.

Your comment show us how enjoyable your stay was. It's so detailed and describes very well everything that our property has to offer to our clients

We will consider your contributions to improve in each detail you mentioned.

Definitely our daily goal is to make the stay of our guests a perfect and unforgettable experience.
Our staff works at all times to fully serve our visitors and your feedback will definitely help us to improve every aspect of our work.

It was a pleasure to have you here with us, and we hope that you can back soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2018

This is a lovely property about 7 km outside of the town of La Fortuna. Check in was smooth and the welcome was great. The property itself looks like a collection of small villas with beautiful grounds. Hummingbirds and lovely orchids are a feature. We had a regular double bed room which has a small fridge , AC and a small back patio with rocking chairs. And also a good view of the volcano

The attraction here is the hot springs which are really well designed. There is a small waterfall thermal pool which the kids love . A regular swimming pool and then a larger thermal pool to the back. The larger thermal pool is designed like a lazy river around the swim up bar and the cool thing is that each "curve" in the river makes it seem like a private jacuzzi. Each curve has a button so you can turn on and off the jacuzzi like bubbles. There is also a small sauna cottage you can go into
There are rooms that have private hot spring jacuzzi - but we did not stay at those.

Breakfast was included and was ok - mix of local and American fare. The wi fi was also included and adequate. When we went the hotel was relatively full but never felt crowded

We ate at the on site restaurant once for lunch and dinner. The food was good but overpriced. If you want other options you have to go into the town so you will need a car or arrange transport with the hotel

I used the spa for a Swedish massage which was great - with the sound of the river in the background

Most attractions can be booked from the hotel and they will pick you up

The service of the staff from check in , housekeeping and the restaurant staff is excellent - really friendly and professional

• Trip type: Traveled with family
GPCustomerService, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Volcano Lodge, Hotel & Thermal Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Hello, the Customer Relations Department want to thank you for your time to evaluating our services and procedures.
We are thrilled reading your review because show us how enjoyable your stay was.

t's so detailed and describes very well everything that our property has to offer to our clients.

As you mentioned, we have relaxing hot springs, great view of Arenal Volcano, well maintained grounds and a professional staff, who strives everyday to give you the best service in the area.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in a near future.
Once again, thank you for your preference.

Kindest regards,