Arenal Bungalows(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$45
Hotel Mountain Paradise(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$142
US$95
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

US$220
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$169
US$95
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Container Hostel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$27
Arenal Backpackers Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$38
Allamanda Rooms(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$25
ApartHotel Tierra del Fuego(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$81
HotelsClick
Nayara Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$563
1,436 results
All reviewshot springscosta ricarocking chairssuperior roomzip liningthermal poolswet barresident slothfront porchprivate cabinswim up bargreat view of the volcanoair conditioningbeautiful groundsbreakfast buffetregular poolreception area
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Stayed here for 2 days and we were very impressed with the staff at the front desk, restaurant and the spa. Gustavo at the restaurant made sure all of our questions were answered and our needs met. Outstanding service. The two young women at the front desk made sure we had our shuttle settled for the next day so we could make our next destination on time and comfortably.
Finally, Natalia and Paula in the spa were very attentive to my husband and I while we got a massage and waited out the thunder and lightening storm. We even had a complementary glass of wine. I was very happy with the special attention we received while staying at the Arenal Paraiso. The hot springs in the rain were fantastic. Decided to forget Tabacon and stayed here instead. Will return.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the jungle are very quiet and nice.
Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank rbarrio7
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

The staff is unbelievable unfriendly, at the reception they are rough and careless, At the restaurant was worst, people ignore you and if you call them out they make faces and rolling eyes, I paid 100$ for two steaks and some drinks though, it’s crazy, the amenities are nice but nothing special, hotel is so overrated why we would always keep going to Baldi instead of this...

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Amazing place where there are one swimming pool and three jacuzzis. The waiters and the people of the hotel were very friendly and nice. The environment is incredible. I recommend it for everyone. Great value for the price.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Albert G
Reviewed 17 June 2018

An amazing view of volcano just in front of your room! Hard wood furniture, walls, ceilings, beautiful place with lots of birds ( I saw toucans!), food was also great with a big choice, hot spa and swimming pools are great as well!!

Room Tip: Higher number of the room will mean you will be higher on the hill but all the rooms (houses) have the view of the volcano.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tropina A
Reviewed 13 June 2018

My adult daughter and I stayed two nights at this location. I booked this hotel because I wanted us to use hotsprings but did not want to do a daytrip. I wanted freedom to wander from the hot springs back to our room for a nap instead of cramming all of my hot springs soaking time into one day trip visit. This hotel was definitely at the lower end if the price range for a hotel that has hot springs and resort type activities.

We enjoyed the privacy and quiet of our own cottage. The hot springs were relaxing, clean and attractive.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The laundry service offered a good price, which came in handy when I slipped in stable mud during a horseback outing.

On the other hand, the grounds have seen better days. There was grime in corners of the room where the toe moulding was deteriorating. The curtain that pulled across the glass door to our cottage constantly got tangled in the door, probably because the curtains were meant to go in front of a sliding glass door, not a door that opens on hinges. The room was clean but had an over power antiseptic scent when we arrived. In general the room was outdated. The roofs of the main buildings where the restaurant and reception are desperately need to be replaced. The changing room for the pool and springs is really shabby and depressing. Most of all, there were few meal options that were lower than $20 at the restaurant. There were a few cold sandwiches, burgers, and spaghetti that were affordable, but for the most part, people who can afford to pay the prices commanded by the restaurant would probably pay higher prices for a room and stay at one of the newer resorts.

The food quality at the hotel was very good. I ordered sea bass and it was cooked to perfection, not overcooked. The salads are gorgeous... works of art really. The avocado salad is amazing. The breakfast has a wide variety of food. I do think, however, that the hotel should consider downgrading the restaurant to a price point that is in line with the age and condition of the hotel. A less pretentious, casual diner/cafe/family style restaurant would feel more appropriate for the clientel served by the hotel (myself included).

All in all, we were happy with our stay, very happy with the level of service provided by the staff, and happy with the hot springs. I do think if we ever do this trip again, I will plan a one night stay at springs, but spring for a hotel in better condition.

It is very important to note, however, that they are doing renovations. I believe they are aware of repairs and renovations that need to be done and are working towards updating the property.

Room Tip: There are cottages closer to the hot springs on the property that appear to be newer. Consider booking one of those.
Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family