“A Pleasant Surprise”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I had few expectations when we dropped in for dinner. Between the diligence of our server (Allan), the wine list (plenty of good options), and the food (crazy good!), we almost could not have been happier. Sadly, the dessert (cannoli) was a disappointment (too sweet for human consumption).

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 16 October 2018

Most excellent service and quality of products. My wife and I Had a foldwich. Just a nice place to stop in a busy town full of great places to eat. Stuff was friendly and courteous.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Had left the Auburn game early after a half and pouring rain, had been directed to this rest by the staff at Home2 where we were staying, had no expectations but loved the area in old Opelika by the train tracks, and old and I mean old buildings surrounding it. Had no resv had to wait maybe 20-25 minutes, had drinks out front talked with other diners/reviewed the menu which ranges from pizza/salads to full blown pasta masterpieces. The calamari was average, but my son had the gnocchi w/vodka sauce, my wife had wild mush rav and I had the lobster rav, all were spectacular. We kept passing the dishes around trying to figure out whose was best and just agreed all were magnifico. Sam was our waitress and paced the meal perfectly, had no room for dessert, and tab was 108 for three including two wines for the parents. The atmosphere is fantastic, this would be a perfect place for family get togethers or very romantic for older couples rekindling the fire or newer younger college romancers who want to take their new found love someplace special.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018

There's such a variety of items to choose from (even kids would enjoy it). The food comes out and looks professionally plated (they didn't just throw it on the plate and rush it out to you). The taste... OH MY!! This was my first time going, but I'll DEFINITELY be back. The food tastes like it's cooked to order and it didn't go from the freezer to the oven to your table. YUM!!!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 19 August 2018

My husband and I had lunch at Ma Fia's and loved it! The atmosphere was nice and the food was delicious!

Date of visit: August 2018