“Rock Bottom”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Taziki's Mediterranean Cafe
Ranked #30 of 120 Restaurants in Opelika
Description: Get away from the busy pace of your life and the noise of the world. Step through our doors and discover a place where we combine extraordinary food with meaningful connections. Look around and you may notice the pictures on the wall that tell the story of Keith and Amy Richards' 1997 trip to Greece where they encountered big-hearted people around small table cafe's that inspired Taziki's. Our Mediterranean-inspired menu has a bit of a southern accent, which we make from scratch everyday. Watch us prepare your meal through our open kitchens, and enjoy the relaxing music and quiet environment that is designed for conversation and community gatherings. After all, in a world hungry for connection and happiness, relationships are what matter most. Need to get away? Time to escape to Taziki's.
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Very poor service, coupled with an atrocious lamb gyro and an order mix-up all combined to signal a terrible review. Generally a good place for gyros...don’t bother.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 18 December 2017

We have enjoyed Taziki's for years. Maybe it's the increased competition in our area or we are just not that impressed anymore. We were a party of 7 after 7 pm one night. The employees were accommodating but not that "friendly". The food was great but with the literal "chip" of dried pita bread we find the entrees to be a bit pricey. The tomato cucumber salad was not up to par. Heavy on the cucumbers and hardly any tomato. I ordered a Gyro of lamb and remembered why I don't order it. The side of potato chips is so NOT what registers as Tazikis!!! I never eat potato chips so it's a waste of my money and their "food". Finally, the music is horrific. We had members in our party ranging in age from 10 through 85 and we all said the music was like "head-banger" music. Very unappetizing. When we go back and not sure when that will be, we will probably take out food if the music is blaring like that and it almost always is.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

I love Mediterranean food so I was excited to try the place out. I got the appetizer of grape leaves (which were outstanding!) and pita and hummus. The hummus was very bland, I don’t think they added any spices whatsoever. In my opinion, hummus is suppose to be really good at any Mediterranean place. The hummus I had here was not good at all compared to most other hummus I have had. I might come back, but only for the grape leaves.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 11 November 2017

The food is always fresh and delicious. Salads can't be beat. I have never had a bad meal, so we come here often.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 11 October 2017

This is a chain, so I am familiar with the menu and how menu items are prepared. This location must have changed ownership or managerial staff or something, because things have changed over the last few months. Portion sizes are inconsistent, and so is the food in general. My favorite Taziki's side is the Basmati Rice. When prepared properly, it is SOO good. It's fluffy white and lightly lemon flavored. At this location, I've had hard (crunchy), flat out greasy, absolutely zero lemon flavor, and this last time I actually found carrot pieces in it and these odd black things that I pretended were some large pieces of spices of some sort. It also had tiny pieces of what looked like chicken it it. It was terrible. The inconsistency is unbearable, so I'm going to stop going. I really hate it too, because it used to be so good!

Date of visit: October 2017