Novotel Melaka
Fenix Inn(Melaka)
MS Hotel(Melaka)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsexecutive roompremier loungemassage placesswimming poolfront officehatten squarebreakfast buffetmodern designcar parkjonker streetmahkota paradehotel staffthe check in processmini fridgebooked roomsearly checkconnecting rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have stayed here 2 times but the recent one was the worse experience. We checked in at 12pm to register and left to run errands thinking when we come back at 3pm, the rooms would be ready. But we were told that the rooms aren’t ready and have to wait. After waiting for awhile, we approached another lady at the recept and was told that our rooms are ready.

When we reached our rooms (we booked 2 rooms), 1 room didn’t have any bath towels and the toilet paper roll remained in the toilet had very little paper left.
We called the operator to ask for them. But we waited for 1 hr and no one came. We went down to the lobby and informed the recept about it and left the hotel. Thankfully when we came back at night, the towels were placed in our room.

The facilities in the hotel needed to be improved. The water in the basin and shower area took very long to subside, hence, it will always flood when we use.

Thankfully, the service at the breakfast dining area was good. Food was refilled promptly and tables were cleared promptly as well.

However, in general, there should be better maintenance of the facilities. The toilets on ground level should be cleaned frequently as well as it was rather dirty when we used it on a Sunday afternoon.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
DaljitGill, General Manager at Novotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Cheryl Y,
Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. While your earlier 2 stays was pleasant, we are sorry that the recent one was a let-down and that we made you wait for your rooms. This is rather disappointing for us for not living up to the Novotel standards.
Rest assured that the team are aware and looking at every angles to improve at areas that need urgent attention.
On a positive note, we are happy to that your dining experience at The Square was a pleasant one.
We do hope that you would accord us with another opportunity to serve you better in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stay for a night. Not suitable for business trips. Lots of tourists especially from China. Service was very bad. My room was totally without any towels, apparently forgotten by house keeping. When asked for an iron and ironing board, room service reply was the hotel is at full capacity, hence no ironing boards were available. Repeated request were ignored. It was after 4 calls and a “threat” of speaking to “higher authority”, that an ironing board found its way to my room.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business

Dear Bigfish41day,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your stay at Novotel Melaka.
It is regrettable that we were unable to make you feel welcome throughout your stay here. This is certainly not the kind of impression we would like to provide our valued guests. Please rest assured that your feedback has been addressed with the department managers concerned for further review, discussion and constructive action.
Once again, thank you for your valued patronage. From all of us, we look forward to welcoming you for a faultless stay with us at Novotel Melaka.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I am a frequent traveler to Melaka, and one way I keep myself excited is to check in to different hotel all the time to experience the difference and also the comfort it provide.

Novotel was one of those I would like to try as it look pretty cool, and nice structurally from the outside, and even pic from agoda showing the inside is impressive.

So since my last visit in feb, I was here again on March and decided that Novotel is the way to go.

After a long drive and tiring day, I finally check in arnd 7pm.

Thinking that once I’ve check in I will have a peace of mind, I was instead put on a waiting game session.

Assuming no many people will be checking in at 7pm, I expect a fast check in, but to my horror, I was put on a close to 40mins wait for my check in with only one guest infront of me. I am not going to elaborate my wait as I have complained it already.

Tired, exhausted and annoyed from the long wait, I was finally given room 1233.

The room is your savior I would say,look nice, clean and comfy. Thus earning you my 3 Star.

However, all is only surface blink as I soon discover that the sink is clogged,there running water sound clearly audible, bed sheet seem clean, but there’s stain that’s still visible, even tho just barely,stain is stain.

Surprising my complain was unique when I read the feedback, but seem like no improve is shown seen all those complain awhile back.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear AngSiongHuat,
Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.
On behalf of the team, please accept my sincerest apologies for the less-than-satisfactory experienced you encountered here. The hotel was indeed running full and our team members did their level best to prepare all the rooms on time however it took longer than it should which caused the delay in delivering your room.
Rest assured, all of us at Novotel are placing the guest comfort and satisfaction as our utmost priority and we are will continue trying to exhaust all the options to exceed our guest expectation. Although that changes may not be evident at the present moment but we are working towards making the positive changes as fast as we can.
Thank you again for staying at Novotel Melaka and we hope to warmly welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I am supposed to check in at 2pm but was late due to the bad traffic. I reach the hotel at about 4pm but was told that my room is only available at 5pm.

Imagine after a long journey for your holiday and the hotel staff told you to wait for another one hour. Nothing was done at the managerial end. This is absurd. Which hotel checks in at 5pm?

Please seriously do something about it.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mayson T

Dear Mayson T,
Thanks for your review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to create a good first impression upon your check in; please accept our sincerest apologies.
The hotel was running full and our team members did their level best to deliver all the rooms on time however it took longer than it should. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience that we have caused you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The plus point of the hotel is the location - it's strategically located with many eateries and shops around. Apart from this, the reception staff are polite and courteous in handling problems.

The setback is the Housekeeping. My rooms (I booked 2 rooms & requested an inter-connecting room) were not ready even though it's past the check in time and I was made to wait for more than an hour to get the rooms ready. When I checked into the rooms, I noticed that it wasn't well cleaned (at least for my room), especially the bathroom. The wash basin needs a good scrubbing! The water outlet in bathroom (Room No. 707) was badly blocked and when we bathed, the whole shower area got 'flooded' due to the blockage. Having said this, I hope the Duty Manager will take note and get it rectify.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear Vivian513,
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to know that your enjoy the location of the hotel and found it to be very convenient. We are also happy to know that our team members at the front desk were helpful and attentive.
We are sorry about the condition of your room. We have taken note on the issues you have raised as it clearly need to be addressed immediately.
Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to warmly welcome you back in the not too distant future.