“More than 30 minutes wait for cold, mediocre food to arrive”
Review of The Daily Fix

The Daily Fix
Ranked #5 of 842 Restaurants in Melaka
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Daily Fix is located inside a batik/souvenir shop called Next KK on Jalan Hang Jebat (Jonker Street). The menu includes pancakes, sandwiches, espresso and local coffee, fruit juice + beers.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We went on a Sunday morning and waited in front of the cafe before it was opened. The queue was already quite long before it opened, but we managed to be the first few groups to be served at the table.

The cafe interior was picturesque, and the table arrangements were spacious and comfortable enough for you to have private conversations at your table. The environment in the cafe was chilled and they had great music on.

The drinks we had (cappucino and salted caramel gula melaka choc) were good and were served almost right away after we ordered. But we had to wait more than 30 minutes for us to get our first dish, the Eggs Benedict, which was served cold. Taste-wise was not up to our liking as the sauce tasted a bit too sweet. We only received our salted egg yolk pancake after waiting another 15 minutes. The pancake came warm and tasted good with the salted egg yolk sauce, but not good enough to justify the long waiting time.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

It is a must to visit. Many said. It is at the back of the retail shop. Daily Fix is a grab car point too, so you definitely won't miss it.
I was there in the early evening and was lucky to have a seat. Had their cold brew latte, nice. Then ate the popular Gula melaka pancake and was slightly disappointed as the pancakes were overcooked. The moisture was lost in the process of preparing. Feedback was given and the service crew lady was very polite too and gave feedback to the kitchen. Thumbs up for their good service.

I went back the 2nd night and the place was very packed but still, they were able to get me a seat and the lady who served me pancakes still remembered me, good memory. Maybe because I gave feedback for pancakes (I maybe was the first feedback for that day). As per the barista at bar suggestion, I took their barista' choice of bean and the newly created Sambal Prawn Pasta. LOVE IT! Both the coffee and the pasta were great. There was salted egg yolks bits on the pasta, which I believed it helped to ease the spiciness of the Sambal. Lovely dish.

Overall, very good service and nice dishes and coffee. Will visit them again if I step into melaka next time.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Very nice environment for a good lie-back time with family and friends. Offers good coffee and a large variety of food.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

You receive a very warm welcome when entering, it's always busy and you may not even get a seat straight away! Always a good sign though.
We've been twice already and had smoked ducks salads and chicken ciabattas which both were incredible. The mango and passion smoothie was fresh and delicious. We will be back for their renowned homemade pancakes and great coffee. Thanks for the good service.

2  Thank Steviekerr88
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This place serves nice western breakfast. The durian cake is a must try. Friendly staffs. Price are reasonable. Nice place to chill