Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park
Home2.com
US$199
US$109
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

US$128
Homewood
All reviewsresearch parkindoor poolnice bar restaurantfree passopen year roundfree popcornbreakfast buffetshuttle driverstayed here for two nightsvery comfortable staylocation is greatstaff was friendlynice accommodationsfront desk staffhot tublate checkstores and restaurants
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I stay at IHG properties exclusively. I can't even begin to explain how disappointed I was with my one night stay. I chose the concierge 2 full bed on the 5th floor.

Upon check in, the IHG app states 3 pm check in, I was told it's 4pm and "we gotta get that fixed!" I came back at 4:45 and was told "oh, I hope your room is still not dirty, we've been busy". The room was gross. The "robe" was tossed on the bathroom sink. There was nothing to place my luggage on. I used a chair. The bed was not comfortable. The AC was on its last leg. The tub wouldn't drain. The walls were scratched fridge was dented, the light over the door burned out, marks on the wall, water stains on ceiling, and the carpet just looked dingy. The furnishings were calling looking for the 1980's The "triple" sheets were at best 300 thread count. The experience was the worst yet. Worst.

The pool. Please see pics. My children swam in the pool and had fun. The pool area was typical. The next morning I asked them to take their suits, which were hanging, and put them in a plastic bag (they were still damp). The suits smelled horrible. On our way to breakfast we looked at the pool. The hot tub was GREEN and the pool was murky. The towel rack was a disaster, this was at 9am.

I was only here one night, but couldn't get out fast enough. Did I contact the front desk? No. Why? The hotel was full (this was told to me as we were trying to figure out where my 2 full bed reservation disappeared to). And area hotels were full due to an AUSA conference. I clearly had zero options, and for $200, I made the best of what I could. The hotel is R-U-N down.

Now, the only redeeming factor was breakfast. I was hesitant to go. But I had a complimentary breakfast with my rate. The staff was kind, the food was very good and the atmosphere was relaxed. The staff who worked breakfast couldn't be more kind and attentive.

I understand this property is getting a $4 million dollar renovation. Great, but that means nothing to me or made my experience any different. Hopefully the renovations will include new carpet all over and removal of the popcorn ceilings. I expected way more from the concierge level.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hello lizzysherr,

Thank you for choosing us and for leaving a review. I am happy that you enjoyed the breakfast selection. It is unfortunate that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay with us due to the check- in process, the condition of the room and the pool, and the level of service you received. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Had a good stay at this establishment. The location was convenient to everything. Within a block was highway access, a grocery, a gym, and a driving range. Rooms were quiet even tho the place was packed with guests.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Conor D
Peter D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Conor D, Thank yo so much for staying with us. we are so pleased you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our hotel and surroundings. We look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Been staying in HI Express for about 2 years now. This one was the best so far! Breakfast was wonderful because they had bacon!! The support staff was very nice. The hotel was clean. Our room was very nice and we loved the big shower! The only negative was the outside light was so bright it came through the curtains. I like a dark room to sleep! Also, no USB ports to plug in my phone although there was lots of outlets. Will stay again in June!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Peter D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Well Thank you Nessiegirl17, but we are not an Express and we have no lights that would have shined through the curtains. If you did stay with us we do have bacon and sausage and turkey sausage on our buffet every day and we Thank you for staying with us

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

The Holiday Inn in Huntsville Research Park is a great place to stay when visiting rocket city. Got there late and the night auditor was super helpful, got us in a room real quick and had our reservation ready for check in. The location is great. We got there at one and there was a few restaurants still open within walking distance which is nice when you get to your hotel late and don't want to hop back in a car. Rooms are great, they got the mini fridge, microwave and coffee which is sweet if you wanna bring some food back too. There's a bar with a full restaurant downstairs too, which has a great breakfast buffet, and evening social events. I will definitely stay here on my next stay in Huntsville.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Jamie W Thank you so much for staying with us and your feedback. Your compliments are greatly appreciated. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Title sums it up. The staff were friendly and efficient. Cleaning was top notch. But the hotel is old and the rooms need serious updating. Carpets are shredding, trim broken, etc. Great WiFi connection and a nice indoor-outdoor pool. Bar is nice with something every night.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Huntsville - Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Thank you R B for your feedback. Great news as we are about to undergo a 4 million dollar renovation to upgrade our hotel. We are very excited about the changes. Hope you get the opportunity to see our metamorphisis