All reviews helpful staffs full kitchen room was clean rooms are nice enjoyed our stay checking out wonderful stay convenient location living room university drive bridge street would definitely stay here again property pets rachel appliances laundry
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We have a decent experience here. There was a bit of a wait time upon checking in and checking out. But, the room was clean - basic, but clean. We got a great deal on Priceline so I can't complain about a basic room. If you are looking for something no-frills, I'd definitely consider this hotel. It's four stars because it just felt a bit dated.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Jennifer M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Thank you for taking time to give your feedback. Our General Manager along with our new Operations Manager with over 20 years of hotel experience is hard at work improving the efficiency of our hotel as well as overseeing a refresh this year! We are working to improve our check-in/check-out by adding additional computers and streamlining some of our processes. Also, we are beginning new carpet installation in every one of our suites February 2018! We are working hard to complete our refresh by April sprucing up our front entrance, lobby flooring and front office, all hallways getting fresh coat of paint and even more things to come later in the year! Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites Huntsville-Research Park! We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in the area. Please feel free to call us anytime at 256-830-8222 to make your reservation.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

We love this hotel. We have stayed two years in a row, but not this year because we had our a grandchildren and wanted a pool. Staff is so courteous and accommodating. I tried to leave a review last year but couldn't figure out how. Got it this time. The cleaning service last year was excellent.....wish I could remember their names.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you so much for your feedback! We really appreciate it. I understand, children need to be entertained (I have two!) so hope you found another great hotel in Huntsville to accommodate your needs. We are grateful that we are Top of Mind in your consideration when choosing a hotel in Huntsville and will look forward to seeing you again in the future at the Candlewood Suites Huntsville - Research Park.. We are going through a refresh replacing all the carpet in every one of our suites, new coat of paint for all public areas, refresh to our lobby and entrance and front office...and more! Our new Operations Manager with over 20 years of experience is hard at work improving everything she touches. I know the next time you are here you will be WOWed...and we can't wait! Call us anytime to make your reservation. 256-830-8222

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Spacious and clean rooms with fast internet, excellent wide desk and kitchenette, but: dark rooms, service only once a week, no restaurant, no breakfast, noisy fridge and AC, no hall, staff limited in number. More suitable for long stay trips (because of possibility to cook), however they should not charge rates applicable to full service hotels.

Room tip: Don't expect to be in a standard hotel
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Nubiliano
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Hello Nubiliano,

I am happy you chose us for this stay and left us a feedback. My sincere apologies if your stay was met with a noisy fridge, noisy air conditioning unit and dark rooms. Assuredly this will be taken up with our team to address accordingly. Indeed we are an extended property. The availability of a full kitchen makes you feel like home where you would be able to cook your own meal and we do have a cupboard where you would be able to purchase meals at an affordable price. I do hope you give us the pleasure of hosting you again for an improved experience.

Warm Regards,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Stayed there on a Saturday night for UAH Graduation. Very quiet and peaceful. No breakfast but Panera Bread was less than a half mile away. Very good staff that made sure anything we needed was taken care of.

Room tip: Back side of the motel is extremely quiet but on a weekend, either side will be quiet since you are in a business park.
Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 16 April 2017

The property is all right, the room is quite cozy with a kitchenette and everything one might need (though the bathroom and the kitchen appliances could use a little renovation). There was a problem with double charging (this was a business trip that was paid for by the company I worked for) of two different cards that was thankfully resolved, albeit it took nearly three weeks and a lot of emails and phone calls. Other than that, the location is great – close to the Space Center and the Botanic Garden. Oh yes, the fridge was producing a really loud noise interfering with my sleep, but there was no problem when I switched it off. However, if one has food in it, that might be a problem.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Belle_etrangere
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Dear Belle_etrangere,

Thank you for the candid review. I'm glad to hear that you found the room cozy, and the kitchenette worked well for your travel needs. On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for the initial billing issues you had, and I'm glad to learn that this was addressed and sorted out. Your comments regarding the overall condition of the bathroom and kitchen amenities, as well as the noise issues from the refrigerator, are being discussed with our management team.

We hope to welcome you back next time so we can show you our improvements. Thank you so much for your feedback.

Best,