Lowest prices for your stay
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
AC Hotels
US$169
PricelineUS$178
Hotels.comUS$178
TravelocityUS$178
All reviews city view great view of the park corner suite hotel in a great location big spring park great shower front desk business travel rooms are large other guests would stay again strobe lobby suitcases marriott property pros
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 March 2021 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel this weekend for one night while we were visiting family nearby. I was excited to finally try out the "AC" Marriott hotel line. Now I can mark them off my list and I'm not sure if I'll visit again. I like the concept they are trying to portray: hip, trendy, minimalist. However, I feel like they fall short in many instances.

When I made the reservation, I indicated that we would need an early check-in. We arrive at 10am and I inquired if we could check-in and we were told there were no rooms ready. I wasn't all that surprised since it was so early. The front desk lady took my cell # and said they'd call when a room became available. We waited another hour nearby and headed to the hotel to see if a room was now available. Still no rooms available of any kind. She tells me again that they'll call me. We can't wait around the hotel all day because we have to go visit family. We leave the hotel and don't get back until almost 6pm. Did we ever get a call that a room was ready? No! We finally get to check in at 6pm and we get stuck in an ADA wheelchair room, which we didn't ask for. We didn't mind it so much since the room had a great view of the park & lake.

The rooms itself was very spacious. I don't know if that's because it was wheelchair accessible or if all of their rooms are large. We had a double queen room. First off, the beds were nothing more than metal bed rails that you buy at Walmart for $50. The beds weren't attached to the wall or headboard either. You could easily move them around on the hardwood floor because they had wheels! Very cheap in my opinion. The mattresses weren't too bad, they were comfy to me. My husband thought they were more like a cot instead of a real bed. The pillows were okay, nothing great. The bathroom was large and spacious, again, I'm not sure if that's because of the ADA room or not. It had a roll-in shower with a shower seat. I did like the ample counter space and the back-lit mirror. It looked like whoever cleaned that room missed some spots because there was yellow body wash all over the shower seat, soap holders & the trashcan. The room had a fridge, a safe, coffee & plenty of charging stations. I would like to point out that the one piece of art that was hung in the room was crooked.

This hotel doesn't have any amenities at this location other than a gym. No pool. No spa. This hotel has 2 elevators for 6 floors. Only one of the elevators were working during our stay, which caused high wait times. We ended up using the stairs a few times. The female front desk associates that I encountered were short & curt and acted like the customer experience was the last thing on their mind. The only helpful associate was a young man & I didn't happen to get his name. They have a bar on the 1st floor that was very busy! Online it says the bar is on the 2nd floor, but it's moved to the 1st floor. We ordered to-go dinner from this hotel restaurant and ate in the room. It was just okay, nothing to rave about. It would have probably been better if the food was actually warm.

All in all, our stay was just okay. Nothing great, nothing horrible. Do I think this hotel is worth the $200 a night I paid? NO! This is a very underwhelming hotel.

Reviewed 29 March 2021 via mobile

Horrible. Staff was disrespectful. The bar downstairs didn't have regular menus; your were expected to pull it up on your phone. The food selection consisted of maybe 5 items. We weren't informed of any amenities offered. No clue they had breakfast on the second floor. No room service. Asked for more coffee packets to be brought up; which they refused. The hair conditioner had been used. There was hair in the shower. Only 1 elevator worked, which was slow as Christmas; this being a 5 star hotel, you would expext a proper parking lot along with a valet, but no. Oh, & that outside gas fireplace? Had 4 chairs located in the back of hotel right in front of the parking lot. I asked to speak with the manager, but was told that managers didn't work the weekends. The woman at checkout didn't even acknowledge I was there.

Reviewed 8 March 2021 via mobile

Awesome staff. Very friendly and helpful. Nice hardwood floors in the room. Terrific shower. Grab and go breakfast was alright. Nice area to walk around. Convenient to shopping, food, and VBC. Aside from the construction right next to the hote, the AC by Marriott is a must stay.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Kate C
Reviewed 7 February 2021 via mobile

We booked a night stay here to get away. Our stay was January 30, 2021 on Saturday. We made reservations ahead of time. We received our UPGRADE CONFIRMATION on 1-25-21 of 1 King, Sofa Bed, City View, Corner room. That was what we requested. I’m posting a picture of our conformation. We arrived at 1:00 p.m. to check in. My husband asked if it was a corner room and the lady said yes. We arrived to the room and it wasn’t the corner suite and was the room next to it. I go back downstairs to tell her this wasn’t the right room. She kept saying yes it is. I told her our reservation said corner room city view so she then said they were ALL SOLD OUT. Really??? 1:00 in the afternoon when check in really starts at 3:00??? The lady never asked to look at our reservation confirmation. Our room should have been available for us since we had a reservation showing this. So.....if you have a confirmation of a certain type room don’t be surprised if they don’t honor it!

Date of stay: February 2021
2  Thank LeighKelley17
Randy Shoe, General Manager at AC Hotel Huntsville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2021

Dear LeighKelley17,

Thank you for staying with us at the AC Huntsville Downtown. Reading through your feedback brought to light several opportunities where we fell short of making your stay exceptional. We have high expectations for our team to create a frictionless stay where you have everything you need and nothing you don’t. We are disappointed to learn that your room type was not honored upon confirming that it was. We strive for memorable 5 star service and accommodations every day for every guest. Your experience didn’t reflect that and have shared your insight with our team. We thank you again for allowing us to accommodate you and hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.

Reviewed 14 January 2021 via mobile

I wound up staying at the AC Hotel in downtown Huntsville by chance, and boy was I lucky. Amazing staff and general manager who were extremely accommodating to the circumstances I was under. They made the entire experience feel like I was at home and just defined pure hospitality. I highly recommend anyone that is looking for a beautiful hotel and such a welcoming staff to stay here. I can’t say enough good things!

Date of stay: January 2021