“Great Food..Dazed Service”
Review of Ale's Kitchen

Ale's Kitchen
Ranked #236 of 640 Restaurants in Huntsville
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Description: Ale's Kitchen prepares delicious scratch made pub food. We specialize in burgers, wings, poutines and creative appetizers.
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

The food was great but the waitress was kind of spacey. This was our first time here and didn't know if we needed to seat ourselves or order and then sit. So we walked around and grabbed menus at the bar (no waiters in sight). We see a random man standing by the merchandise for sale and asked if we seat ourselves...he works there and saw us roaming around like idiots and waited for us to ask what to do lol. Anyway we ordered the diablo burger, bistro burger, ribs, and jerk chicken tacos. Now to the spacey waitress, I ask her about the tacos and she proceeds to write it down...I say no how are the tacos... she says they are pretty good, well a lot of people order them...um ok. So then my dad asks what's the best thing on the menu, she says which one....HUH??...then he points at a part of the menu and she says oh yea those are good...He says which one...she says people seem to like the ribs. So this convo is painful so he just orders the ribs. (After he asks about the burgers and she basically just says people like them). Everyone else orders...then my brother asks about the appetizers and I cringed knowing how this conversation was going to go. He asks about them and she kinda stares off in space like he's not talking to her. He asks again but now about the bacon in particular...she says um its just fried bacon...OMG...so then she says um we have a pretzel with two cheeses and some nachos people like. No enthusiasm no nothing lol...needless to say we skipped the appetizer. But the jerk tacos were appetizing and huge, the chicken was tender and flavorful get fries as your side with ranch. The ribs are to die for, they are fall of the bone tender with a yummy glaze...you have to squeeze the lime on them...the burgers were also great but our fave was the diablo. We will come back for the food and hopefully will have a more attentive waiter.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Known for its beer, the kitchen at Straight to Ale is unexpectedly gourmet and awesome. Everyone loved the food from the deep fried bacon to the soft pretzel to the burgers to the great smoky pork BBQ to some outstanding crispy Asian ribs. Basic service but great value. The food is fresh, made from scratch and delicious. Don't miss this spot if you are looking for pub food and great beer

Reviewed 19 May 2017

The four of us ordered a Cuban, a burger, kimchee tacos and a wrap. We were all surprised and delighted by the taste and quality-excellent! I was the lucky one with the pork kimchee tacos-unlike anything I have ever eaten-spicy and loaded with flavor. Check out the excellent game room loaded with some of the classic pinball machines. Very casual place. One of the best restaurants in the entire area and not overpriced.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

I recently tagged along on a trip to Huntsville with my husband. We had hoped to visit Straight to Ale during our stay, but only managed to squeeze in a trip to Ale's Kitchen for lunch. It was delicious. Our friends split the burger -- it was huge! I thoroughly enjoyed my salad and drink selections. We hope to be back next time we're in Huntsville.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

I treated the family to dinner on Friday the 31st of March at Straight to Ale. We arrived shortly after 5 pm to find plenty of seating available. Since the business specializes in selling their beer, we didn’t have high expectations for the food. We were so wrong, everything was amazing. I had some kind of pork kimchi taco, the kids had burgers, and I’ve forgotten what the wife had. We started with a Bavarian pretzel and thick cut bacon served fried on a stick, completely delicious. Truthfully, almost everything we ate was the best of its kind that we have ever had. The watermelon beer was ok but their evil dark beer was spectacular. I didn’t care for the BBQ chips, the French fries were waaaaay better. With tip, the four of us spent just shy of $100. I recommend this place to travelers and locals alike.