“One of the best hidden gems in Huntsville”
Review of Dolce Pan Bakery

Dolce Pan Bakery
Ranked #4 of 6 Bakeries in Huntsville
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We stopped here after hearing great things about it from our friends. It is an authentic Puerto Rican bakery/sandwich shop. The customer service was excellent, and the decor charming, but it was the food that won us over. They have pizza empanadas for the kids, and chorizo over for the adults. We shared a Cuban (perfectly made) and the lunch special mofongo. The spices were savory and rich. We enjoyed local Piper and Leaf tea too offset the spices. We will be back (many times). One note, is the location is in a bit of a sketchy (but up and coming) part of town. You can stop by Lowe Mill or Campus 805 after your meal to enjoy some of the culture of Huntsville. This location is close to downtown, the medical district, or the botanical gardens.

1  Thank Jared H

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

The only thing we'd change is that they'd be open on Sundays. Wonderful service and the food is so unusual and tasty. Not too many places to sit and it has the feel of a cafe so don't expect ambiance but it still feels like a cafe that would be at Lowe Mill or somewhere trendy. Must try the desserts too. Flan is awesome.

1  Thank cindyannsmith
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Though the bakery is small it is family run and full of flavor and reminders of Puerto Rico! The menu is limited to a "special of the day" and then wonderful smoothies made from fresh tropical fruit such as guava, guaynabana, pineapple, etc. A cafe con leche rounds out a morning of fresh Empanaditas / Pastelitos. I went back for lunch and had the Cuban sandwhich and it was wonderful. I am excited to finally have something Latin here in Huntsville even if it is small!

1  Thank Sharon C
Reviewed 2 June 2017

The food was just ok but even there they disappointed my group as they were out of several menu items. The service was literally nonexistent. I had t ask three separate times for my drink AFTER my meal was served and then our waiter cited as if I was bothering him. Not worth the trip for their barely adequate food.

1  Thank TravelFamilia6
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Have been to this quaint bakery with seating for 20+ people at a time but is worth looking for.
The first time I tried to find this place, I was unsuccessful as it is not very visible from the busy main road.
Have taken my office staff for dine-in and had to-go a few more times all with satisfactory results.
This last visit was validated by my family with a thumbs up rating.
We all shared a chicken empanada as our appetizer followed by each and everyone getting a made to order plate of Cubano (×2), ham, cheese and egg, Turkey and Pavo, a two orders of their daily special Pollo Frito with rice, beans and fried plantain slices.
Will have to bring more friends in as I feel like I have discovered something that my friends will like to brag about as well.

1  Thank Norman S