All reviewsmovie theaterbridge streetoutdoor mallstores and restaurantsgreat shoppingbusiness hotelworkout roomoutdoor poolrooms are nicespace museumhousekeeping staffbusiness tripspace and rocket centeromeletcarouselbridgestreetconnors
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

We decided to detour off the route and stop in Huntsville, Alabama. We found The Westin at the last minute after waking through the Space Center. Upon arrival, I was treated like a queen at the front desk by a lovely woman named Alicia. Because I am a gold member, they upgraded me to a 1 bed suite. It was much nicer than some of our hotels this week at the gulf lol.

This hotel was perfect, the food delicious, and the staff outstanding. The pool was nice, along with the hot tub and we are right in the heart of the outdoor shopping mall. This was nice to walk around. We even extended our stay so we could tour around the historical area of Huntsville.

Highly recommend this hotel. A perfect ending to our vacation at the half way point in our drive home.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Gosia S, Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Dear DavisKJ1138,

Thank you for this amazing review and special recognition for Alicia, Complex Front Desk Supervisor. We are so glad to hear that you made this last minute reservation and that Alicia was able to surprise and delight you with a suite upgrade. Thank you for your loyalty to the SPG program and also for extending your stay for an additional night.

We are looking forward to seeing you again.
Regards,

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

The Huntsville Westin on Governers Rd is a nice hotel in an outstanding location surrounded by restaurants, pubs, theater, and other shops. The hotel has nice updated rooms and is clean. Only downside is related to the bed, way too soft and pillow material traps heat for a night filled with interrupted sleep. Address the bed and it is a very decent choice.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Gosia S, Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Dear Mark A,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your stay experiences. Thank you for pointing out our clean and well maintained guest rooms. It is great to hear that you like the hotel location. Indeed, we are right next to the Bridge Street Shopping Center so you can park your car in the valet garage and just walk around to all the stores, restaurants, movie theater and many more. We apologize that you did not find our signature Westin Heavenly Bed comfortable this time. We will check on it right away and make sure it is perfect next time.

Thank you for your great review and we will see you next time.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Maybe I have my brands mixed up, but this Westin feels much more like a Holiday Inn? The highlight was the nice lady at check-in. She pushed the in-hotel food pretty hard because of the extreme convenience of a lot of restaurants walking-distance out the back door, but she was great!

The rooms are average, but the walls are thin. I know this because at 5:30 the TV next door was my wake-up call. The sheets are cheap and scratchy. The workout room is adequate.

WiFi is s-l-o-w and inconsistent. Right now, my email is timing out from being able to upload a simple text email. WiFi is also free, so you get what you pay for.

Where the hotel disappointed me is that I thought I would treat myself to breakfast. I put the order card out at 10PM and when I went out the door to workout a few minutes after 5:30, there was the order card! The deadline is 2AM, so it was out well in advance.

I went to the front desk after my workout and asked if the fact that the card hadn't been picked up meant that I had not ordered breakfast. The lady said, and this is a quote, "Yeah." She never asked my room number of name. She did not offer even an insincere apology. Just another day at the Holiday-WestInn. So, I decided I didn't need a breakfast from here that badly.

I have not stayed here before, nor did I do any homework on other hotels. I will do my homework before my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Gosia S, Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear 72850007,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that our front desk agent made a great impression and extended exceptional customer service. We are glad to hear that she offered the Sage Grille & Bar located in the main hotel lobby. This restaurant, along with the rest of the hotel went though $7 million dollar renovations and we are thrilled to share the brand new facility with our travelers and visitors as of January 2018. Please accept an apology for the shortcomings with your breakfast order experience, as well as some staff interactions. Your feedback is important to us and we shared it with our staff to better assist you in the future. We are surprised to hear that you did not find the signature Westin Heavenly Bedding comfortable. We will look into your comments and find ways to make it perfect next time.

Again, thank you for choosing the Four Diamond Westin Huntsville and feel free to contact me directly to make arrangements for your next stay, so I can ensure the most relaxing and memorable experience.

gsullivan@westinhuntsville.com

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

This was the perfect spot. Two minutes walking distance from the movie theater and right out the door leads to the outdoor mall. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The hotel is very nice. There is a Starbucks inside the hotel and a great bar.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank toyya b
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed this hotel following the recommendation of the city of Huntsville.
The hotel was very new. The room was crisp condition. Spacious.

Nice bar with great service.
Several restaurants within walking distance - along with one of the best one “Conners”.

This was the first time for us to be in Huntsville. But it was very good experience especially with the stay at this wonderful hotel.

Very easy.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank seiichiro a
Gosia S, Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear seiichiro,

Thank you for your kind review after your recent stay at the Westin Huntsville. It is great to hear that you had a memorable stay. We appreciate your 5-star rating and glad to hear that you noticed our recent upgrades. Our staff strives to make every guest's stay special, so we are happy to know that we gained a new, loyal member. We are looking forward to welcomeing you back soon.